Hear these words, Easy, Quick and your kids will love these. What else do you need to know about this recipe?
The biscuit adds a great flavor to the chicken sausage (or pork, if you are using pork). My kids love it because they get to dip it into the mustard dip (I used stone ground), what child doesn’t like to dip their food? The chicken sausage is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat. My kids were eating it as it came out of the air fryer, so I don’t think that might be an option at some households.
I am trying out my new Air Fryer Vortex Plus, which is made from Instant Pot. I have been loving it, and everything cooks so evenly and it’s so easy to clean.
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits
- 1 package chicken sausage
Start by rolling the dough, just lightly flour your work surface and the rolling pin. Roll it out enough for it to cover the sausage.
Cut your sausage in half. I used chicken sausages since my kids always love them.
Wrap your biscuit dough around the sausage, and place on your air fryer safe tray or basket, just make sure to spray it with non-stick cooking spray.
Set your temperature for 330 degrees F, for 9 minutes. After your time is up, make sure the sausage is cooked.
Plate, serve and enjoy!