Everyone who owns an air fryer has tried chicken wings. They come out so good, they are restaurant quality, they are delicious, crispy and just so juicy!
It’s a funny thing, when I first got my air fryer, about four years ago, I realized that the chicken wings were less than a cost of a pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts, fast forward four years, and the advent of the new cooking appliance, the Air Fryer. The chicken wings cost more than a pound of boneless breast of chicken.
In the 1950s when the famous Buffalo Chicken Wings were invented, you couldn’t give away the chicken wings, housewives used them to make stock or broth. Once, the famous Buffalo chicken wings were invented, they became a new piece of the chicken, to be sold off.
Chicken wings are one of the best appetizers during any party or tailgating party. They go great with all sorts of sporting events from football to baseball.
Preparing chicken wings are actually quite easy, here are a few tips:
- The amount that you should plan on serving per person is about 5-10, depending on if it’s an appetizer (5) or the main course (10)
- Thawed wings air fry better than frozen wings, but you can thaw them quickly by placing them in a bowl of cold water on the counter, for about four hours.
- Cutting your wings is easy, you just need to find the joints, there are two cuts that you will need to make into the wing, to separate it.
- The best way to get the best results for cooking wings in the air fryer is first round you cook at a low temperature and then a higher temperature, which crisps the skin.
- I always cook my wings at 380 degrees F, first at 25 minutes, this takes all of the fat out of the wings, you need to shake the basket or flip the wings, every 5 minutes, so they are cooked throughout.
- Then I increased the temperature to 400 degrees F, and cook another 7 minutes, which gives them a great crisp.
- Always season your chicken wings with salt and pepper, while they are in the basket.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 scallions scallions diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
Start by placing the chicken wings in a large bowl, mix with the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
Toss to coat the wings.
Meanwhile, spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
Set your temperature to 380 degrees F, first at 25 minutes, this takes all of the fat out of the wings, you need to shake the basket or flip the wings, every 5 minutes, so they are cooked throughout.
Then increase the temperature to 400 degrees F, and cook another 7 minutes, which gives them a great crisp.
Meanwhile, on the stove make the sauce, boil together with the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, Sriracha. Continue to boil until the sauce has become sticky, it will take about 4-5 minutes.
Coat the wings with the sauce.
Plate, serve and enjoy!