This Air Fried Broccoli Recipe is incredible! Crunchy, flavorful breaded broccoli roasted in the air fryer to perfection.
Roasted Broccoli In The Air Fryer
Whether you love veggies or are trying to find new and exciting ways to get your kids to eat them, this air fried broccoli recipe is where it’s at! When you air fry broccoli it gets this nice crispiness on the breading that is insanely good.
So I’m still having the greatest time using my new Air Fryer — between my air fryer and my Instant Pot, I no longer use the stove. LOL.
If you haven’t already been making vegetables in your air fryer, now is a great time to start. After you try this breaded broccoli, be sure to try my Air Fryer Roasted Carrots, Air Fryer Frozen Green Beans, and Air Fryer Blooming Onion.
Why You Will Love Roasted Broccoli In The Air Fryer
- 15 minute recipe!
- Crispy breaded broccoli
- Kids will eat it
Air Fried Broccoli Recipe Ingredients
- Broccoli Florets
- Italian Bread Crumbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
How To Make Breaded Broccoli
Step 1: Make batter
Combine the eggs and lemon into a bowl and mix until frothy.
Step 2: Coat broccoli
Pour the bread crumbs and parmesan in a bowl. Mix well. Dip the broccoli into the egg mixture then into the bread crumbs.
Step 3: Air Fry broccoli
Placed coated broccoli in the air fryer and coat with olive oil. Cook at 340 degrees for 5 minutes then flip and cool for additional 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to use fresh broccoli?
Yes, I recommend when making this fried broccoli recipe that you use fresh. While you can cook frozen broccoli in the air fryer it won’t really work for this recipe due to the breading. Or skip the breading altogether and make roasted broccoli in the air fryer without breading.
Can I reheat breaded broccoli?
Absolutely! You can simply air fry broccoli for 5-6 minutes or until it’s hot and crispy. I recommend heating it at 340 degrees when reheating.
How do I choose the best broccoli?
- Should be dense, the heavier the better.
- Leaves on fresh broccoli are dark and green
- Florets should be tight
- No dark spots on the broccoli this shows that it is old, and should be avoided.
- The broccoli’s stem should be white with no dark patches
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
- Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fryer
- J.A. Henckels 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless Steel Chef’s Kitchen Knife
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, 5 Piece Set
- Hudson Essentials Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
- Anchor Glass Measuring Set
- Italian Olive Wood Spatula
- OXO Good Grips 12 Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs
- EVOO Air Fryer, Best Friend
Don’t Forget to Pin!
Air Fried Broccoli Recipe
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- olive oil
- In one bowl, mix the eggs and lemon, mix well, until they are frothy.
- Then in another bowl mix together the bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Then dip the broccoli into the egg mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Then dip it into the bread crumb mixture, shaking off the excess.
- As you coat them, place in a greased air fryer basket or air fryer tray (both coated with olive oil spray, so they won’t stick)
- GENEROUSLY spray the bread crumb mixture with olive oil, this way it will crisp up.
- Then set the temperature to 340 degrees F, for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes flip or shake and spray more olive oil on the other side.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer