Yummy! This was today’s breakfast, my kids were in heaven.
My mother was a great baker, she always baked every evening, so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late. On Sunday night, I remember her baking, and we would always have muffins, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was excellent in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on all of the days of the week, we are always running late. My youngest son has a half an hour drive to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, as my husband drops him off. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
I have a long laundry list of items, I would like to make, so if you have any suggestions, I am always open to them. Today, I conquered my day’s task of making homemade biscuit donuts with a chocolate glaze. Since my entire family are chocolate lovers, as you can imagine this breakfast went over quite well.
Here are some other of my tried and true recipes:
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer, Air Fried, How To Make Fried Dough in the Air Fryer
This is such an easy recipe, my kids love it with some melted butter on top and some powdered sugar on top.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 can buttermilk biscuits with butter
- melted butter
- confectioners sugar
- cinnamon ground
- Start by laying out your biscuits on a large cutting board.
- Start by using a rolling pin and flatting the biscuits, into large circles.
- Place them into your air fryer basket, sprayed with olive oil, so they don’t stick.
- I was able to put two in at a time. Do not overcrowd, they greatly expand.
- Set your temperature to 350 degrees F
- Set your time for 5 minutes.
- Continue to cook them 2 by 2, until they are all done. Lay them on a plate
- When they are all done the cooking, spread the melted butter on the dough and generously sprinkle with confectioners sugar and or ground cinnamon.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: fried dough balls in air fryer pizza dough in air fryer air fryer elephant ears how to make fried dough with pizza dough fried dough recipe air fryer fried dough from scratch air fryer donuts fried dough with yeast