Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Oreos– — It has been a while since I’ve had an Oreo. For me, it’s not the same without milk.
But when you Air Fry Bacon Wrapped Oreos, they are even better! It makes them taste like a delicious dessert, perfect for any occasion.
What Are Bacon-Wrapped Oreos?
Bacon-wrapped Oreos are a unique and indulgent treat that combines the savory, smoky flavor of bacon with the sweet creaminess of Oreo cookies.
As the name suggests, this delicacy consists of Oreo cookies wrapped in bacon strips and then cooked until the bacon is crispy. The result is a surprising fusion of textures and flavors, with the bacon’s salty richness complementing the Oreo’s chocolatey sweetness.
Often seen as a quirky or experimental dish, Bacon-Wrapped Oreos have gained attention at various fairs, barbecue events, and social media, appealing to those with adventurous palates and a love for unconventional food pairings.
Why You Will Love This Savory Treat
There are several reasons why you might fall head over heels for this savory treat:
- Unexpected Flavor Fusion: The combination of smoky bacon and sweet Oreo creates a flavor profile that surprises and delights the palate. The contrast between salty and sweet can be addictive!
- Texture Play: The crispy bacon juxtaposed against the creamy Oreo filling offers a multi-layered texture that makes each bite interesting.
- Conversation Starter: These bacon-wrapped Oreos are not just a treat but a statement. They’re sure to spark conversation and intrigue at any gathering or event.
- Perfect for Adventurous Eaters: This is right up your alley if you love trying out-of-the-box recipes and unique food pairings.
- Simple Ingredients, Big Impact: With just two primary ingredients, it’s amazing how much flavor and excitement can be packed into this dish.
Whether craving something different or looking to impress guests with a quirky appetizer, bacon-wrapped Oreos won’t disappoint!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Oreos
Indulge in a unique treat by combining the rich flavors of bacon with the sweetness of Oreos. All you need for this Air Fryer sensation are some crispy bacon strips and your favorite Oreo cookies!
Remember the step-by-step directions and exact amounts are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Bacon Strips: The star of this savory wrap, bacon provides a crispy, smoky layer that complements the sweetness.
- Oreo Cookies: A beloved classic, these cookies bring a delightful creamy filling and chocolatey crunch, making them the perfect contrasting element to the bacon’s saltiness.
- Serving: Serve with powdered sugar, brown sugar, your favorite BBQ rub, black pepper, or fine salt.
How To Cook Bacon Wrapped Oreos In Air Fryer
Here is a brief overview of the recipe; for all other step-by-step directions, scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe card.
Step One: Preparation
Cut the bacon strips in half. Wrap one strip around each Oreo, keeping the seam on the bottom. Repeat, rotating the second piece 90 degrees, creating a “plus” or “x” across the cookie with the bacon, keeping the cut ends at the bottom.
You can secure the bacon with a toothpick if needed.
Step Two: Air Frying
Carefully place it into the air fryer basket. Repeat until the basket of the air fryer is full, keeping bacon and cookies from touching each other and working in batches if necessary.
Step Three: Air Frying
Air Fry with a cook time of 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. Remove from the air fryer with tongs and let stand for 5 minutes until serving, or serve warm or at room temperature.
Cooling: Once done, carefully remove the bacon-wrapped Oreos from the air fryer and let them cool on a plate for a few minutes.
Serving: Enjoy your delicious treat while warm! Remember to remove any toothpicks before indulging.
- Uniform Wrapping: Ensure that the bacon is wrapped uniformly around the Oreo so that it cooks evenly.
- Bacon: For best results, use regular or thin cut bacon; thick cut bacon takes too long to cook.
- Toothpicks: Use toothpicks to secure the strips of bacon if it keeps unraveling. Just remember to remove them before eating!
- Avoid Overcrowding: Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. Cooking in batches ensures even cooking and crispy results.
- Adjust Cooking Time: Depending on the thickness of the bacon, you might need to adjust the cooking time. Thicker slices might require an additional couple of minutes.
- Alternative Flavor Combinations: Feel adventurous? For a unique twist, try use different types of Oreos such as flavored Oreos, like Golden Oreos or peanut butter.
- Dipping Sauce: While delicious, consider serving them with a chocolate or caramel dipping sauce for an extra flavor punch.
- Checking for Doneness: The bacon should be crispy but not overly dark. It’s good to check a few minutes before the suggested time ends to prevent overcooking.
Variations Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Oreos:
While you can certainly make and enjoy these, as they are, there are several variations on this recipe that really elevates it even more.
Some of my suggestions:
- For best results, use regular cut bacon, as the center cut will be too thick.
- Use flavored bacon, I would recommend that you use Maple, Honey BBQ, or even Black Pepper Bacon. All really add a lot of flavor to the dish.
I went today with a traditional plain 2 ingredient recipe, but here are so many ways that you can add even more flavor, some of my favorites:
- BBQ Rub
- BBQ Sauce
Of course, there is nothing more iconic than Oreo cookies, but you can do this with almost any kind of cookies, some of my favorites:
- Girl Scout Cookie (any flavor)
- Maple Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Moon Pie Cookies
We have really enjoyed our Oreo Wrapped Bacon Cookie sandwich, but you can really add a few more ingredients. Some great suggestions are: Peanut Butter, Caramel, Marshmallow Fluff, and even make a double stack sandwich!
Can I use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon?
Yes, you can use turkey bacon, but it might not be as crispy as pork bacon. Adjust cooking times accordingly, as turkey bacon may cook faster.
How do I store leftover bacon-wrapped Oreos?
Store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for best results.
Can I use flavored bacon for this recipe?
Absolutely! Maple-flavored or peppered bacon can add a layer of flavor to your treat.
Is it necessary to preheat the air fryer?
While some models don’t require preheating, doing so can help achieve consistent results and ensure the bacon cooks evenly.
Can I use double-stuffed Oreos?
Yes, double-stuffed or any other variety of Oreo cookies can be used. Just ensure they’re wrapped well in the bacon.
How can I prevent the bacon from unraveling while cooking?
Secure the bacon with a toothpick before cooking. Remember to remove the toothpick before serving.
Are bacon-wrapped Oreos very greasy?
The air fryer does a great job of rendering the bacon fat, making the end product less greasy than you might expect. Ensure your air fryer basket is clean for proper air circulation and fat drainage.
More Air Fryer Oreo Recipes:
- Air Fryer Pancake Batter Oreos
- Air Fryer 2 Ingredient Oreo Mug Cake
- Easy Air Fryer Oreo Brownies
- Air Fryer Oreo Cheesecake
- Air Fryer Oreo Cinnamon Rolls
Don’t Forget To Pin!
We hope you loved these Bacon-Wrapped Oreo Cookies, delicious treats best served with a cold glass of milk!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Oreos
- 1 pound bacon, regular cut
- 15-16 Oreo Cookies, same number as bacon strips
- Cut bacon strips in half. Wrap one strip around an oreo, keeping the seam at the bottom. Repeat, rotating the second piece 90 degrees creating a "plus" or "x" across the cookie with the bacon, keeping the cut ends at the bottom of the cookie
- Carefully place into the air fryer. Repeat until the air fryer is full, keeping bacon and cookies from touching each other and working in batches if necessary.
- Air Fry for 8 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, Remove from fryer with tongs and let stand for 5 minutes until serving, or serve warm or room temperature.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper
- Cooking Spray
- Cool Completely: Allow the bacon-wrapped Oreos to cool completely to room temperature.
- Airtight Container: Place them in an airtight container, separating layers with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Refrigerate: Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days for optimal freshness.
- Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C). Place the bacon-wrapped Oreos in the basket, ensuring they aren’t touching, and heat for 2-3 minutes or until hot and crispy.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the bacon-wrapped Oreos on a baking sheet and heat for about 5 minutes or until they are hot and the bacon is crispy.
- Cool Completely: Before freezing, ensure the bacon-wrapped Oreos have cooled to room temperature.
- Freeze Individually: Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer, not touching, and freeze for about 1-2 hours or until solid.
- Transfer & Store: Once frozen solid, transfer the Oreos to a zip-top freezer bag or airtight container, separating layers with parchment paper.
- Label & Date: Label the bag or container with the contents and date. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Reheating from Frozen: Follow the reheating instructions above, but add an additional 2-3 minutes to the cooking time to ensure they are heated through.