Note: Affiliate links are included in the post
This recipe passed me by on Facebook, and I saved it thinking it would be a great appetizer/snack during the football games. Mostly, because I live in a house, dominated by men, and they can’t stop eating during the game.
So, I air fried these, and they were awesome. I hope you and yours enjoy them.
This recipe was adapted from The King Hawaiian Recipe online, which you can find here.
- 8 pieces of deli ham
- 1 piece of Swiss cheese, cut into fourths
- 4 Hawaiian King Bread Slider rolls, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds (more to be dashed on at the end)
- Start by spreading mayo on the rolls, then fold the ham and cheese up into the roll.
- Close the bread.
- I put them in my air fryer safe pan.
- Then in a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, mustard, poppy seeds, onion powder, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spread the sauce over the sandwiches.
- AIr Fry for about 5 minutes at 260, then air fry at 350 for another 2 minutes. The cheese should be melted. If not add a couple of minutes. My sandwiches were nice after the 7 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer, and sprinkle some poppy seeds over them.