Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
This is a very simple recipe. I really am working on creating healthy and fast recipes. After all, my life is hectic and I just bought an Air Fryer to get my family eating at home more and meanwhile saving calories and money. This is the Air Fryer I own. I have really liked it. It’s simple…which is important to me.
Today, I am showing you a basic recipe for making chicken in the Air Fryer. This is a base recipe, meaning if you swap out the flavors of the rub, you can get a million more recipes.
This is the seasoning that I used, my kids absolutely love it.
Here are some other of my tried and true recipes:
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons House Montreal Chicken Seasoning (my kids love this stuff)
- 1½ pounds of chicken drumsticks
- oil, to rub on the chicken, I didn't measure
- First rub your oil, over the chicken.
- Then season both sides of the chicken with the seasonings above, or use your own blend.
- Preheat the air fryer to 200 degrees Celsius (or 390 Fahrenheit), for about 4 minutes.
- Then cook your chicken for 5 minutes, then flip to the other side and do it for another 5 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes are up, reduce your heat to 150 degrees Celsius (or 300 degrees Fahrenheit) and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Let the chicken rest for a couple of minutes and then plate and serve and most importantly