Today’s it’s all about Sour Cherry Jam (or preserves), my kids love this recipe. They can not get enough of it, it’s not only good as a jam, but it’s REALLY good over ice cream. One of the reasons, I started to can, many moons ago, is my oldest son has allergies, so I don’t use pectin in our house.
I have been making and canning preserves for about 15 years, and this is the EASIEST way, I have found.
I have been working on using my Instant Pot, for about 6 months. Some people, say I have an obsession, I only own 4. So, I think it not really an obsession yet. I have a number of amazing recipes, that I have been sharing on my blog
and if you are looking for just recipes, I created a group, where we can all share with each other.
and don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest
Add the cherries to the Instant Pot Bowl.
Kitchen Items Used:
Don’t Forget to Pin–
This recipe is so simple and easy, that you will be amazed that you haven’t done this your whole life and the best part is that you don’t need to watch it while it’s cooking in the Instant Pot.
- 16 ounces of frozen cherries, for this recipe, you need the tart cherries.
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Add half the package of cherries to your Instant Pot, along with the sugar and lemon juice. Then add your lid, making sure it’s in the sealed position. Then using a manual high-pressure setting set the time for 3 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, do a natural release.
- Then open up the lid, stir the mixture, saute the mixture and then stir in the rest of the cherries and vanilla.
- You can either serve it hot, over pancakes (which is delicious), or refrigerate it until ready to serve. It will last about 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Keywords: instant pot cherry jam no pectin cherry jam recipe sour cherry jam recipe instant pot jam no sugar sweet cherry jam cherry refrigerator jam cherry jam no sugar pear preserves in instant pot