Instant Pot Mixed Berry Jam — It is not winter yet, but I’m already looking forward to breakfasts by the fire with a hot cup of tea and homemade jam on toast. The best part about making your jams is that you can experiment with different flavors to suit your mood – in this case, mixed berry! If you have an Instant Pot, it will take just minutes to pay off all the hard work. Please keep reading for my recipe that uses only a few ingredients.
My son Jason is completely spoiled, when we were living in Vermont, I splurged and bought this really fancy breadmaker, you know, moving to Vermont, I was going to be all-natural and make everything from scratch, LOL. But, I did buy this amazing breadmaker, that not only made homemade bread, cakes and bread it also did an amazing job making JAMS, yes, but my breadmaker also made jam.
As the appliances in our house change, I soon adapted all of my jam recipes to my Instant Pot, at first, I was not adventurous, I stayed with the strawberry, raspberry and blueberry jams, which are easy enough for anyone to make. Now, that I am more confident in using my Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) I am branching out, especially with all of this nice produce in season.
About Instant Pot Mixed Berry Jam
This recipe is so simple and easy, that you will be amazed that you haven’t done this your whole life and the best part is that you don’t need to watch it while it’s cooking in the Instant Pot. I am not sure about canning this, as I have never attempted, but I’m sure you can find some canning expert on this, that can help you, make sure it’s safe. I know that there is an issue sometimes with sugar content and cornstarch, so be careful.
This usually makes two mason jars for me, and since we eat it through the week, it usually lasts about 2 weeks. It’s really up to you. the recipe can be doubled or even tripled. I do not use pectin, as I do try to give my kids fewer chemicals, but it does come out thinner, so if you want it thicker, just add the pectin, found in your canning supply store or aisle, follow the directions on the bottle.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Mixed Berry Jam
- Frozen Mixed Berries
- Granulated Sugar
- Lemon Juice
How To Make Instant Pot Mixed Berry Jam
Start by adding the berries, sugar, and lemon juice to the Instant Pot. (Don’t worry about the non-liquid, remember the berries are frozen, the water will melt as the Instant Pot heats up)
Add your lid to your Instant Pot, and ensure that the vent is in the sealing position. Set the time for 1 minute, allow for a natural release. After the time is up. Use an immersion blender to blend the jam into a smooth consistency.
Then make the cornstarch slurry by mixing the cornstarch and water in a small cup, and then pour it in. This will help your jam firm up.
Push the saute button, and allow the jam and the cornstarch slurry to heat up, which will help firm up your jam.
- You can replace the granulated sugar for either brown sugar or even honey, or a sugar substitute (great for people with diabetes)
- Add the cornstarch and water to a small cup, and mix before adding it to your jam.
- You do not need to thaw your berries, before adding them to the Instant Pot, frozen will work perfectly.
- This recipe will work in the Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot, it will also work in any other pressure cooker.
How To Store:
No matter where you are in the world, you’ll find some jam or jelly that is loved by many. People use it on toast, as a sauce for meatballs and other dishes, or dip their cookies. For those who love making jams themselves at home, you can safely store it in the refrigerator, and it will last for about 2 to 3 weeks.
Discard if you see any mold growing.
Best Way To Store Homemade Jam:
Since there is no pectin in this jam, please keep it in an airtight container or mason jar. Keep in the refrigerator.
Canning Using The Instant Pot
This is a very hot topic, and it is not advisable to use your Instant Pot for canning. Read the article here:
More Instant Pot Jam Recipes:
- INSTANT POT PUMPKIN BUTTER
- INSTANT POT STRAWBERRY JAM
- NINJA FOODI EASY RASPBERRY JAM
- INSTANT POT, RASPBERRY HONEY JAM
- INSTANT POT HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY JAM
- 32 ounces frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- Start by adding the berries, sugar, and lemon juice to the Instant Pot. (Don't worry about the non-liquid, remember the berries are frozen, the water will melt as the Instant Pot heats up)
- Add your lid to your Instant Pot, and ensure that the vent is in the sealing position.
- Set the time for 1 minute, allow for a natural release. After the time is up.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the jam into a smooth consistency.
- Then make the cornstarch slurry by mixing the cornstarch and water in a small cup, and then pour it in; this will help your jam firm up.
- Push the saute button, and allow the jam and the cornstarch slurry to heat up, which will help firm up your jam.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 9gSugar: 64gProtein: 2g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.