- 8 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- dash of salt, optional
- In an Instant Pot, pour in milk and lemon juice. Give it a little stir.
- Close the lid, seal the pressure valve, and set Instant Pot for 6 minutes on low pressure.
- Once finished, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release pressure for 10 minutes, then release any other pressure manually.
- Stir result. Curds should have separated from milk, leaving whey.
- Place a cheesecloth over a strainer and remove the curds with a slotted spoon or spider spoon. Place the curds on the cheesecloth and let the curds come to room temperature.
- Once cooled, wrap the cloth and squeeze the curds until dry.
- For smooth, creamy cream cheese, place the cheese curds in a food processor and blend until smooth. This is the point you would add salt to taste and or other flavor options.
Keywords: Instant Pot Cream Cheese