Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops — Introducing a fun and delicious treat that will bring a burst of color and flavor to your day – Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops! 🍌🌈
These whimsical frozen delights are eye-catching and a delightful blend of creamy banana and the fruity goodness of Fruity Pebbles cereal. Whether making them for yourself or entertaining guests, these pops will surely be a hit.
Stay tuned for the easy recipe, and get ready to enjoy a taste of childhood nostalgia with a twist!
What Are Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops?
Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops are a delightful frozen treat made by coating banana halves with a creamy mixture, rolling them in crushed Fruity Pebbles cereal, and then freezing until firm.
These pops combine the natural sweetness of bananas with the fruity and crunchy goodness of Fruity Pebbles cereal, resulting in a fun and colorful snack perfect for kids and adults.
Enjoy them as a refreshing dessert or a cool snack on a hot day!
Why You Will Love Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops
You’ll adore Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops for several delicious reasons. First, they offer a delightful contrast of creamy and crunchy textures, with the creamy banana interior perfectly complemented by the crispy Fruity Pebbles coating. Second, thanks to the vibrant and fruity cereal, these pops are a burst of fruity flavors. Lastly, they are a fun and visually appealing treat that can be enjoyed by kids and adults alike. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make, making them a fantastic option f
Ingredients Needed For Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops
Get ready to whip up some Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops with simple ingredients. With these ingredients, you’ll create a snack combining the natural sweetness of bananas with Fruity Pebbles’ vibrant flavors, all encased in a creamy white chocolate shell. It’s a colorful and fun dessert that’s perfect for kids and the young at heart!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Ripe Bananas: You’ll need ripe bananas as the base for your Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops. Choose bananas that are slightly soft to the touch and have a sweet flavor.
- Strawberry Yogurt: Creamy strawberry yogurt adds a fruity and tangy element to your Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops, enhancing their flavor and providing a smooth texture.
- Whipped Topping (Cool Whip): Whipped topping, like Cool Whip, creates a luscious and airy texture in your banana pops. It adds a light sweetness and complements the fruity notes from the Fruity Pebbles cereal.
- Wooden Popsicle Sticks: Wooden popsicle sticks will be inserted into the bananas to create convenient handles for eating.
- Fruity Pebbles Cereal: Fruity Pebbles cereal adds colorful fruity flavor and a delightful crunch to your banana pops.
These simple ingredients combine to create a playful and delicious treat that’s perfect for kids and adults.
How To Make Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops
To make Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops, follow these simple steps:
Peel the bananas and cut them in half crosswise. Insert a popsicle stick or wooden skewer into the cut end of each banana half. Place them on a parchment paper-lined tray or plate.
In a bowl, combine the strawberry yogurt and whipped topping. Mix until well blended.
Place the Fruity Pebbles cereal in a separate shallow dish. Dip each banana half into the yogurt and whipped topping mixture, ensuring it’s coated evenly. Roll the coated banana in the Fruity Pebbles cereal, pressing gently to adhere the cereal to the yogurt mixture.
Place the coated banana pops back on the parchment paper-lined tray or plate. Repeat the process with all the banana halves. Once all the banana pops are coated and rolled in Fruity Pebbles, place them in the freezer.
Freeze for at least 2 hours or until they are solid. Enjoy your homemade Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops as a refreshing and fruity treat!
These delightful pops are not only delicious but also a fun and colorful way to enjoy bananas and Fruity Pebbles cereal. Perfect for a summer snack or dessert!
You can get creative with your Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops by trying these recipe variations:
- Chocolate-Dipped: After dipping the banana halves in the yogurt and whipped topping mixture, roll them in crushed Fruity Pebbles and then drizzle them with melted chocolate. Let the chocolate set in the freezer for a delicious twist.
- Nutty Crunch: Add a crunchy texture by rolling the coated banana pops in crushed nuts like almonds, peanuts, or pecans in addition to or instead of Fruity Pebbles.
- Mixed Cereal: Experiment with different cereals. Instead of or in combination with Fruity Pebbles, try using crushed cereals like Rice Krispies, Cocoa Pebbles, or even granola for a variety of flavors and textures.
- Double Coating: For an extra layer of flavor and texture, dip the coated banana pops in Fruity Pebbles again after the initial coating for a thicker cereal layer.
- Frozen Yogurt: Use frozen yogurt instead of regular yogurt for a creamier and frostier treat.
- Fruit Filling: Add a surprise by slicing the bananas in half lengthwise, creating a small well, and filling it with diced strawberries, blueberries, or other favorite fruits before dipping and rolling in Fruity Pebbles.
- Drizzle: After freezing, drizzle the frozen banana pops with a fruity sauce like strawberry or raspberry syrup for extra flavor.
Feel free to customize these Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops to suit your taste and get creative with your toppings and coatings.
Here are some pro tips for making the best Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops:
- Choose Ripe Bananas: Use ripe bananas for the best flavor and sweetness. They should be yellow with a few brown speckles.
- Slice Uniformly: When cutting the bananas into halves or thirds, try to make them as uniform in size as possible. This ensures even coating and freezing.
- Use Popsicle Sticks: Insert popsicle sticks into the cut side of each banana piece before dipping. This makes them easier to handle and eat.
- Pre-Freeze the Bananas: Before dipping in the yogurt mixture, freeze the banana pieces for about 20-30 minutes. This will help the coating adhere better and prevent the bananas from becoming too soft during the dipping process.
- Use Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt is thicker and provides better coverage than regular yogurt. It also adds a creamy texture to the pops.
- Work Quickly: Once you’ve coated the bananas in the yogurt mixture, work quickly to roll them in the Fruity Pebbles. The yogurt will start to set, and you want the cereal to adhere well.
- Double Coating: For an extra crispy and colorful look, you can double coat the banana pops. Dip them in the yogurt mixture and Fruity Pebbles twice, allowing them to freeze briefly between coatings.
- Freeze Until Firm: Make sure to freeze the banana pops until they are completely firm. This usually takes at least 2-3 hours, but overnight is even better for a solid freeze.
- Serve Chilled: Keep the banana pops in the freezer until you’re ready to serve them. They should be enjoyed frozen for the best texture and taste.
- Get Creative: Don’t hesitate to experiment with different coatings and toppings. You can try other cereals, crushed nuts, or drizzles of chocolate or fruit syrup for variety.
Enjoy these fruity, crunchy, and frozen treats as a delightful and colorful dessert or snack.
Can I use other cereals besides Fruity Pebbles? Absolutely! You can use your favorite cereal or a combination of cereals to coat the banana pops. It’s a fun way to experiment with different flavors and textures.
How long can I store these banana pops in the freezer? You can store these banana pops in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 2-3 weeks. However, for the best texture and taste, it’s recommended to consume them within the first week.
Can I make these pops without yogurt? While yogurt adds creaminess and flavor to the pops, you can omit it if you prefer. You can dip the frozen banana pieces directly into melted chocolate or coating of your choice.
Can I make these banana pops in advance for a party? Yes, you can make these banana pops in advance for a party. Just be sure to store them in the freezer until you’re ready to serve to keep them frozen and firm.
Can I use fresh fruit instead of bananas? Yes, you can use other fruits like strawberries, pineapple, or apple slices instead of bananas. The coating and freezing process will be similar.
Can I make these pops with dairy-free yogurt? Absolutely! If you prefer a dairy-free option, you can use dairy-free yogurt alternatives like almond yogurt or coconut yogurt.
Can I add other toppings or drizzles? Yes, get creative with toppings! You can drizzle melted chocolate, caramel sauce, or honey over the frozen banana pops before serving. Chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or sprinkles also make great toppings.
Can kids help make these banana pops? Yes, this is a fun and kid-friendly recipe. Children can assist with dipping the banana pieces, rolling them in cereal, and inserting popsicle sticks.
Can I make these pops without popsicle sticks? While popsicle sticks make it easier to handle and eat the pops, you can make them without sticks. Simply use a fork to dip and coat the banana pieces.
Are these banana pops gluten-free? It depends on the cereals and ingredients you use. If you choose gluten-free cereals and verify that all ingredients are gluten-free, then your banana pops can be gluten-free.
More Easy Recipes
- Classic Pea Salad Recipe
- Instant Pot Pasta Salad
- Air Fryer Pasta Salad
- Instant Pot Macaroni Salad
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Air Fryer Meat Lover’s Quiche
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup strawberry yogurt
- 2/3 cup whipped topping, i.e. Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Peel the bananas and cut them in half crosswise. Insert a popsicle stick or wooden skewer into the cut end of each banana half. Place them on a parchment paper-lined tray or plate.
- In a bowl, combine the strawberry yogurt and whipped topping. Mix until well blended.
- Place the Fruity Pebbles cereal in a separate shallow dish.
- Dip each banana half into the yogurt and whipped topping mixture, ensuring it’s coated evenly.
- Roll the coated banana in the Fruity Pebbles cereal, pressing gently to adhere the cereal to the yogurt mixture.
- Place the coated banana pops back on the parchment paper-lined tray or plate.
- Repeat the process with all the banana halves.
- Once all the banana pops are coated and rolled in Fruity Pebbles, place them in the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or until they are solid.
- Enjoy your homemade Fruity Pebbles Banana Pops as a refreshing and fruity treat!
- Parchment Paper
- Popsicle sticks or wooden skewers