Blackstone Tortellini Recipe — Do you ever find yourself in a mealtime rut? Craving something new but not sure what to make? If so, look no further! Our Blackstone tortellini recipe is packed with delicious flavor and perfect for any occasion.
Combining an Italian favorite – Tortellini – with the rich flavor of your favorite pasta sauce, this dish will indeed please even the pickiest palate. With bold seasonings, creamy alfredo sauce, and parmesan cheese topping it off, this one-pot dinner can be on your table faster than take-out delivery! Read on for all the details on our unique and flavorful spin on classic pasta night.
The Best Blackstone Tortellini Recipe
Welcome to a delicious journey where traditional Italian cuisine meets the innovative cooking style of a Blackstone griddle.
Our Blackstone Tortellini Recipe will guide you in creating a robust and flavorful dish that offers a fantastic blend of perfectly cooked tortellini, complemented by your choice of mouthwatering sauces, fresh vegetables, and meats.
With the Blackstone griddle’s consistent heating and ample cooking space, you can cook this meal to perfection in no time, serving up a dish that not only satiates the taste buds but also brings an Italian restaurant-style dining experience right to your home. So, if you’re ready to explore a new realm of culinary possibilities with your Blackstone griddle, let’s dive in!
Ingredients Needed For Blackstone Tortellini Recipe
Tortellini is a classic Italian dish, sure to bring some deliciousness to your dinner table. If you are a fan of pasta dishes, recreating the Blackstone tortellini recipe at home might be right up your alley! This tasty meal can easily be prepared quickly with just five main ingredients and several optional garnishings.
Using fresh ingredients such as cheese-filled pasta pockets, creamy sauce, vegetables, and herbs helps elevate this dish for an extra unique dining experience that will leave everyone wanting more! Read on for all the necessary ingredients needed for the Blackstone Tortellini Recipe.
Remember the step-by-step instructions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the post, and the nutritional information.
- Tortellini: You can use any variety you prefer, whether cheese, spinach, or meat-stuffed.
- Olive Oil: This will be used for sautéing the vegetables and preventing the tortellini from sticking to the griddle.
- Onion: The onion will add a savory depth to your dish.
- Garlic: Garlic gives a punch of flavor that complements the other ingredients beautifully.
- Bell Pepper: This is optional but adds a nice crunch and sweetness.
- Cherry Tomatoes: These will provide a fresh and slightly acidic contrast to the richness of the tortellini and cheese.
- Pasta Sauce: Choose your preferred kind—marinara, Alfredo, or pesto all work great.
- Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan adds a salty, nutty flavor that rounds out the dish.
- Salt and Pepper: Season your dish well to bring out all the flavors.
- Fresh Basil or Parsley: For garnish. These herbs will provide a pop of color and fresh flavor.
Remember, this is an essential list, and one of the beautiful things about a tortellini dish is how customizable it is. Feel free to add or subtract ingredients based on your taste preferences. For instance, you might want to add some sliced Italian sausage, grilled chicken, or even some sautéed mushrooms. If you’re going to add heat, consider some crushed red pepper flakes. Enjoy the versatility of this dish!
How To Cook Tortellini On Blackstone Griddle
If you want to give your favorite Italian dish a deliciously unique cooking twist, try griddling up some tortellini with a Blackstone Griddle!
This easy, one-pan recipe will show you how to make flavorful tortellini that combines the traditional flavor of Italy with an upgraded approach. Whether served as a main course or a side dish, this delicious griddled creation will surely become one of your favorite dishes. With simple and straightforward instructions, even beginner chefs can quickly master these delicious recipes!
- Preparation: Start by boiling your tortellini according to the instructions on the package. Once cooked, drain them and set aside.
- Heat the Griddle: Preheat your Blackstone griddle over medium heat. Once it’s heated, add the olive oil.
- Sauté the Vegetables: Add your diced onion and minced garlic to the griddle. If you’re using bell peppers or any other veggies, add them now. Sauté until the onions become translucent and the vegetables are softened.
- Add the Tortellini: Next, add the cooked tortellini to the griddle. Stir everything together so that the tortellini can soak up the flavors from the sautéed vegetables.
- Add the Sauce: Pour your chosen pasta sauce over the tortellini and vegetables, stirring to coat everything evenly. If you’re using a cream-based sauce like Alfredo, you might want to lower the heat a bit to prevent the sauce from breaking.
- Add the Cheese: Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the top of the tortellini. The griddle and tortellini heat will melt the cheese, making it wonderfully gooey and delicious.
- Season and Serve: Season your tortellini with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with fresh basil or parsley. Serve straight from the griddle for a rustic touch, or transfer to a serving dish if preferred.
Remember, cooking times can vary based on the heat of your griddle and the size of your tortellini, so keep a close eye on everything to prevent anything from burning. Enjoy your Blackstone griddle tortellini!
Pro Tips For Cooking Tortellini On Blackstone Griddle or Flat Top Griddle
- Pre-Cook the Tortellini: Tortellini should be boiled until they’re shy of al dente before adding them to the griddle. This allows them to finish cooking on the griddle and absorb some of the flavors from the other ingredients.
- Use High-Quality Olive Oil: A good-quality olive oil can make a significant difference in the flavor of your dish. It helps prevent the tortellini and vegetables from sticking to the griddle and adds a nice flavor.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Griddle: Give your ingredients enough space to cook evenly. If the griddle is too crowded, your tortellini may end up steaming instead of getting that nice caramelized finish.
- Preheat Your Griddle: Ensure your griddle is preheated before adding your ingredients. An adequately heated griddle will cook your ingredients evenly and give them a nice sear.
- Use Freshly Grated Cheese: Freshly-grated cheese melts better and has a better flavor than pre-packaged shredded cheese.
- Season at Each Stage: Season your veggies while they sauté, your tortellini as they cook, and your sauce as it warms. Layering the flavors like this will give you a more flavorful final dish.
- Experiment with Flavors: The beauty of cooking on a griddle is that it’s easy to mix and match flavors. Feel free to add your favorite vegetables, switch up the cheese, or experiment with different sauces.
- Keep It Warm: If you’re making a large batch and need to keep the first servings warm while you finish cooking, you can keep cooked portions in an oven set to low heat until you’re ready to serve.
- Clean the Griddle After Each Use: Ensure to clean the griddle thoroughly after each use. Any leftover food particles can stick to the griddle and burn, affecting the taste of your next meal.
What kind of tortellini works best for this recipe?
You can use any tortellini you like for this recipe—cheese, spinach, or meat-filled are all great options. The key is to boil them until they’re shy of al dente before adding them to the griddle.
Can I add meat to this recipe?
Absolutely! Sliced Italian sausage, grilled chicken, or shrimp could be delicious additions. Make sure any meat you add is fully cooked before adding it to the griddle.
I don’t have a Blackstone griddle. Can I still make this recipe?
You can make this recipe on any flat-top griddle or large skillet. The key is to have enough space to spread out your ingredients, so they cook evenly.
Can I use fresh tomatoes instead of pasta sauce?
You certainly can! If you want to use fresh tomatoes, it’s best to cook them down a bit first to create a sauce-like consistency. You can do this right on the griddle before you add the tortellini.
How should I clean my griddle after making this recipe?
After you’re done cooking, let the griddle cool down a bit, then scrape off any leftover food particles with a griddle scraper. Then, wipe it down with a damp cloth to remove any remaining residue. You can use a little dish soap and a griddle brush for a deep clean.
What should I serve with this dish?
This tortellini dish is quite hearty and can be served as a standalone meal. If you want to add something on the side, a fresh salad or some garlic bread will complement it well.
Can I prepare this dish in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the ingredients in advance, but it’s best to cook the dish right before serving to keep the tortellini from becoming too soft. You could also cook the tortellini and vegetables separately, then combine and heat them on the griddle before serving.
More Blackstone Griddle Recipes
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE FROZEN FRENCH FRIES
- BLACKSTONE SIRLOIN STEAK RECIPE
- EASY BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SCRAMBLED EGGS
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SAUSAGE PATTIES
- BLACKSTONE CHICKEN STIR FRY
- EASY BLACKSTONE FRIED EGGS RECIPE
- BLACKSTONE CHEX PARTY MIX
- BLACKSTONE APPLE CIDER DONUTS
Blackstone Tortellini Recipe
- 1 pound tortellini, any type
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup pasta sauce, any type
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pieces basil, or parsley for serving
- Start by boiling your tortellini according to the instructions on the package. Once cooked, drain them and set aside.
- Preheat your Blackstone griddle over medium heat. Once it's heated, add the olive oil.
- Add your diced onion and minced garlic to the griddle. If you're using bell peppers or any other veggies, add them now. Sauté until the onions become translucent and the vegetables are softened.
- Next, add the cooked tortellini to the griddle. Stir everything together so that the tortellini can soak up the flavors from the sautéed vegetables.
- Pour your chosen pasta sauce over the tortellini and vegetables, stirring to coat everything evenly. If you're using a cream-based sauce like Alfredo, you might want to lower the heat a bit to prevent the sauce from breaking.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan cheese over the top of the tortellini. The griddle and tortellini heat will melt the cheese, making it wonderfully gooey and delicious.
- Season your tortellini with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with fresh basil or parsley. Serve straight from the griddle for a rustic touch, or transfer to a serving dish if preferred.
- Blackstone Griddle
- Cooking Oil