Blackstone Italian Sausage Tortellini — Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with the irresistible flavors of Blackstone Italian Sausage Tortellini. This delectable dish combines savory Italian sausage, plump tortellini, and fresh vegetables, creating a symphony of flavors that will transport you to the heart of Italy.
Whether you’re hosting a gathering or treating yourself to a delightful dinner, this recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Fire up your Blackstone griddle, gather your ingredients, and prepare to indulge in a mouthwatering Italian-inspired culinary experience that will leave you craving more.
Blackstone Italian Sausage Tortellini
Are you ready to elevate your dinner game? Look no further than Blackstone Italian Sausage Tortellini! This mouthwatering dish perfectly blends bold flavors and satisfying textures that will leave you craving more.
Each bite is delicious with juicy Italian sausage, tender and cheesy tortellini, and a rich tomato sauce. Whether you’re cooking for your family, entertaining guests, or simply treating yourself, this recipe is a guaranteed winner. So, fire up your Blackstone griddle and embark on a culinary journey to Italy right in the comfort of your own kitchen. Get ready to savor the taste of this irresistible combination and experience the joy of homemade Italian cuisine at its finest.
Blackstone Italian Sausage Tortellini Ingredients
Are you looking for a delicious family meal with some Italian flair? Try this Blackstone Italian Sausage Tortellini dish! Packed full of flavor and heat, this one-pot wonder is the perfect dinner for chilly autumn nights. Featuring savory Blackstone sausage, fresh spinach leaves, creamy mozzarella cheese, and hearty tortellini pasta – everyone in your household will be asking for seconds.
Plus, with a few simple ingredients to buy and a few minutes total cooking time required, it’s the most efficient way to fill up empty stomachs fast! Read on to discover everything you need to make this delectable dish tonight.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Italian sausage (sweet or hot, depending on your preference): Look for high-quality Italian sausage links or ground sausage meat. You can choose between sweet or hot, depending on your desired level of spiciness.
- Refrigerated tortellini (cheese or meat-filled): Choose your favorite type of tortellini, whether it’s filled with cheese, meat, or a combination of both. The refrigerated variety is recommended for its freshness and quick cooking time.
- Bell Peppers: Use a trio of bell peppers for a colorful dish, and finely dice them.
- Onion: Use a yellow or white onion and finely dice it for even flavor distribution in the sauce.
- Mushrooms: Use fresh mushrooms, portobello, Baby Bella, or white button mushrooms.
- Tomatoes: Another option is to use canned diced tomatoes, which provide a convenient and flavorful base for the sauce.
- Diced Tomatoes: Diced Tomatoes provide a smooth and rich base for the sauce.
- Spinach: Use fresh spinach for added flavor.
- Italian Dressing: Use any of your favorite bottled Italian Dressings.
- Cheese: Use either freshly shredded Parmigiana cheese or mozzarella cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste: Season the dish with salt and pepper to enhance the flavors of the other ingredients. Adjust the amounts according to your taste preferences.
How To Cook Italian Sausage Tortellini On Blackstone Griddle
Italian sausage tortellini is an easy and delicious meal for the entire family. It’s a perfect option for busy weeknights when everyone is in a rush or if you’re looking to impress guests with flavorful Italian cuisine.
This recipe packs a punch of flavor, thanks partly to ingredients like fresh mushrooms, tomatoes, and Parmigiana cheese. But while there are certainly tasty variations all over the Mediterranean countryside, this version stands out from the rest due to its uniqueness – it’s cooked on the Blackstone Griddle! The griddle makes cooking simple and efficient while reducing stress levels – we promise! Read ahead to discover how you can make this unforgettable Italian classic on your Blackstone Griddle.
Step One: Preheat the Blackstone griddle
Turn on the griddle and preheat it to medium heat. Allow it to heat up for a few minutes until it reaches the desired temperature.
Step Two: Cook The Pasta
Cook the tortellini for 5-7 minutes or until al dente, then drain the water and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
Step Two: Cook the Italian sausage
Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the griddle and spread it evenly. Place the Italian sausage links or crumbled sausage on the griddle.
Cook the sausage, turning occasionally, for about 2-3 minutes, until the sausage is cooked about halfway.
Step Three: Prepare the sauce
Once the sausage is halfway cooked, move it to the other side of the Blackstone Griddle. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the finely diced onion, bell peppers, and mushroom. When the vegetables are softened, add the canned tomatoes, and diced tomatoes, and spinach. Add seasonings at this time if using.
Add the tortellini to the Blackstone Griddle. Keeping the sausage, tortellini, and vegetable separate.
When the spinach has wilted, remove it from the Blackstone, and transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
Step Four: Serving
Toss the sausage tortellini with the Italian dressing, season right before serving.
Pro Tips For Cooking Italian Sausage Tortellini On Blackstone Griddle
To help you achieve the best results when cooking Italian Sausage Tortellini on a Blackstone griddle, here are some pro tips:
- Preheat the griddle properly: Ensure that the griddle is preheated to the right temperature before cooking. This helps to cook the sausage and prevent sticking evenly.
- Use high-quality Italian sausage: Choose high-quality Italian sausage with a good balance of flavors and spices. This will enhance the taste of the dish.
- Add additional veggies: For added flavor and nutrition, consider adding some vegetables like bell peppers, onions, or mushrooms to the griddle. Sauté them alongside the sausage for a delicious combination.
- Crumble or slice the sausage: You can crumble it into small pieces or bite-sized chunks, depending on your preference. This allows for even cooking and distribution throughout the dish.
- Keep an eye on the tortellini: Since refrigerated tortellini cooks quickly, make sure to keep a close eye on it while it’s boiling. Overcooked tortellini can become mushy, so follow the recommended cooking time on the package and test for doneness.
- Don’t overcook the sausage: Be mindful not to overcook the Italian sausage on the griddle, as it can become dry and tough. Aim for a slightly crispy exterior while maintaining a juicy and tender interior.
- Adjust the seasoning: Taste the sauce before combining it with the cooked tortellini and sausage. Adjust the seasoning by adding more salt, pepper, herbs, and spices to suit your taste preferences.
- Customize with toppings: Get creative with your toppings to enhance the dish’s flavors. Consider adding a balsamic glaze drizzle, crushed red pepper flakes, or a handful of fresh herbs like parsley or basil.
- Let it rest: Allow the Italian Sausage Tortellini to rest for a few minutes before serving. This helps the flavors to meld together and allows the dish to cool slightly for better enjoyment.
- Serve with a side dish: Complete the meal by combining your Italian Sausage Tortellini with a side salad, garlic bread, or steamed vegetables. These sides provide an excellent balance and add variety to the plate.
By applying these pro tips, you’ll elevate your Italian Sausage Tortellini on the Blackstone griddle, creating a mouthwatering and satisfying dish that will impress your taste buds.
Can I use frozen tortellini instead of refrigerated?
Yes, you can use frozen tortellini in this recipe. However, remember that frozen tortellini may require a slightly longer cooking time. Follow the package instructions for cooking frozen tortellini, and adjust accordingly.
Can I use a different type of pasta instead of tortellini?
Absolutely! While tortellini is a traditional choice for this recipe, you can experiment with other pasta shapes like penne, rigatoni, or fusilli. Adjust the cooking time based on the pasta you choose.
Can I use pre-cooked Italian sausage instead of raw sausage?
Yes, you can use pre-cooked Italian sausage. However, the flavor and texture may differ slightly from using raw sausage. Adjust the cooking time accordingly, and make sure to heat the pre-cooked sausage thoroughly.
Can I make this dish vegetarian or vegan?
Yes, you can adapt this recipe to suit a vegetarian or vegan diet. Use plant-based Italian sausage alternatives or substitute the sausage with vegetables like mushrooms, zucchini, or bell peppers. Ensure that the sauce and any other ingredients used are also suitable for your dietary preferences.
Can I make this dish in advance and reheat it later?
Yes, Italian Sausage Tortellini can be made in advance and reheated. Store the cooked dish in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat it in a pan on the stovetop or in the microwave, adding a splash of water or broth if needed to prevent it from drying out.
Can I freeze leftover Italian Sausage Tortellini?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers. Place the cooled Italian Sausage Tortellini in freezer-safe containers or resealable bags and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Can I customize the sauce with additional herbs and spices?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with additional herbs and spices to customize the sauce to your liking. Consider adding fresh basil, thyme, or even a pinch of Italian seasoning to enhance the flavors.
Can I make this recipe on a regular stovetop instead of a Blackstone griddle?
Yes, you can adapt this recipe to a regular stovetop. Simply use a skillet or a large pan over medium heat for cooking the sausage, sautéing the onions and garlic and simmering the sauce. Adjust the cooking times as needed.
More Blackstone Recipes
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE FROZEN FRENCH FRIES
- BLACKSTONE SIRLOIN STEAK RECIPE
- EASY BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SCRAMBLED EGGS
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SAUSAGE PATTIES
- BLACKSTONE CHICKEN STIR FRY
- EASY BLACKSTONE FRIED EGGS RECIPE
- BLACKSTONE CHEX PARTY MIX
- BLACKSTONE APPLE CIDER DONUTS
Blackstone Italian Sausage Tortellini
- 20 ounces tortellini, fresh or frozen
- 20 ounces Italian sausage, ground
- 3 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced
- 15 ounces tomatoes, canned, drained
- 8 ounces spinach, fresh
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Turn on the griddle and preheat it to medium heat. Allow it to heat up for a few minutes until it reaches the desired temperature.
- Cook the tortellini for 5-7 minutes or until al dente, then drain the water and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the griddle and spread it evenly. Place the Italian sausage links or crumbled sausage on the griddle.
- Cook the sausage, turning occasionally, for about 2-3 minutes, until the sausage is cooked about halfway.
- Once the sausage is halfway cooked, move it to the other side of the Blackstone Griddle. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and sauté the finely diced onion, bell peppers, and mushroom. When the vegetables are softened, add the cannned tomatoes, and diced tomatoes, and spinach. Add seasonings at this time if using.
- Add the tortellini to the Blackstone Griddle. Keeping the sausage, tortellini, and vegetable separate.
- When the spinach has wilted, remove it from the Blackstone, and transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss the sausage tortellini with the Italian dressing, season right before serving. Garnish with the freshly shredded cheese.
- Blackstone Griddle