Air Fryer SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels — Do you love the taste of warm, freshly-baked pretzels? If so, our Air Fryer SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels recipe is a must-try!
Deliciously soft and lightly salted on the outside with a hint of sweetness inside – these homemade pretzels will surely be an instant hit. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make in your air fryer. Read on to learn everything you need about this delicious treat that can easily be enjoyed anytime or at night!
What Are SuperPretzels
SuperPretzels are a popular brand of frozen soft pretzels in the United States. The J&J Snack Foods Corporation, a snack food and beverage industry leader, owns this brand. Since its inception, SuperPretzels have become a beloved treat found in grocery stores, concession stands, and even some fast food chains.
SuperPretzels are known for their classic pretzel flavor, soft texture, and easy-to-prepare nature. They are typically sold frozen and need to be heated in an oven, microwave, or air fryer before serving. The pretzels can be enjoyed plain or with various dips and toppings, from traditional mustard to sweet cream cheese dip, giving consumers a convenient way to enjoy the delicious taste of soft pretzels at home.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels
Are you ready to experience the deliciousness of soft, fluffy pretzels made in your home? With an air fryer and just a handful of ingredients, you can make SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels – without needing a deep fryer!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
Creating delicious SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels in your air fryer is simple with minimal ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Frozen SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels: Choose the quantity based on how many pretzels you plan to make. Ensure to avoid overcrowding the air fryer, so you might need to cook in batches for larger quantities.
- Cooking Spray or Melted Butter: This is optional but can give the pretzels a golden finish. Melted butter can also give a richer flavor.
- Pretzel Salt or Coarse Sea Salt: These typically come with the SuperPretzel package, but you can use your own if you run out or prefer more. This is to sprinkle on top of the pretzels after air frying.
- Dips (optional): Traditional mustard, cheese sauce, or any dip you prefer can enhance your pretzels’ enjoyment.
How To Cook SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels In Air Fryer
Delicious, fluffy pretzels made with a few simple ingredients in the comfort of your own home! SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels can now be cooked easily and quickly using an air fryer.
Whether you’re looking to enjoy a sweet or savory snack for yourself or make something special for the whole family, air frying will help you get restaurant-quality results without all the mess and hassle of traditional methods. Read on to discover how easy it is to make these soft, delicious pretzels that everyone will love!
Preheat Your Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 320°F (160°C). Preheating ensures your pretzels start cooking immediately when they hit the basket.
Prepare the Pretzels: If using cooking spray or melted butter, lightly coat your SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels. This will give them a nice, golden finish and a rich flavor.
Arrange the Pretzels in the Air Fryer: Place them in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they aren’t touching. Overcrowding can prevent the pretzels from cooking evenly. If you have more pretzels than can fit in a single layer, you may need to cook them in batches.
Cook the Pretzels: Air fry them at 320°F (160°C) for 5-6 minutes or until they are heated through and golden brown on the outside. If you like a darker finish, you can cook them a little longer, but keep a close eye on them to prevent burning.
Season and Serve: Carefully remove the pretzels from the air fryer once the pretzels are cooked to your liking. Sprinkle the pretzel or coarse sea salt over the pretzels while they are still hot so it sticks well.
Serve: Serve the pretzels warm with your favorite dips like mustard or cheese sauce.
Here are some pro tips to ensure your air-fried SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels come out perfectly:
- Preheating is Important: Preheating your air fryer can lead to more consistent and better results, ensuring that the pretzels start cooking immediately when they hit the basket.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Basket: Place pretzels in a single layer in the basket and ensure they aren’t touching. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking.
- Coat with Butter or Cooking Spray: This optional step can produce a nice, golden finish and a richer flavor. If using butter, be sure to melt it first for easy application.
- Shake the Basket: If your air fryer doesn’t have a rotating basket, consider shaking the basket halfway through the cooking time to promote even cooking.
- Watch the Cooking Time: All air fryers are not created equal. The cooking time may vary depending on the model of your air fryer, so keep an eye on your pretzels during the first batch to get a sense of the perfect cooking time.
- Salt While Hot: For the best results, sprinkle the pretzel salt or coarse sea salt over the pretzels immediately after removing them from the air fryer while they’re still hot. This helps the salt stick to the pretzels better.
- Serve Warm: Soft pretzels are best enjoyed warm. Serve immediately after cooking, paired with your favorite dip.
With these pro tips in mind, you’re on your way to achieving the perfect SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels in your air fryer!
Do I need to thaw SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels before air frying?
No, you can cook the SuperPretzels directly from frozen in the air fryer. It’s part of what makes this method so convenient!
Can I cook more than one pretzel at a time in the air fryer?
Yes, but avoid overcrowding. The pretzels should not touch each other to allow hot air to circulate evenly for the best results.
What if my air fryer doesn’t have a preheat setting?
A: If your air fryer doesn’t have a preheat setting, just run it empty at the cooking temperature for about 5 minutes before adding your pretzels.
Can I use other types of salt if I don’t have pretzel salt?
Yes, you can use coarse salt, such as sea or kosher salt. The goal is to get a bit of a crunchy texture and salty flavor on the exterior of the pretzels.
What other toppings can I use on my SuperPretzels?
Feel free to get creative with your toppings! For a sweet twist, you might try sesame seeds, poppy seeds, garlic powder, or even a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar.
How do I store leftover SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels?
Allow leftover pretzels to cool completely, then store in an airtight container or resealable bag at room temperature for up to two days. You can also refrigerate them for a few days more, or freeze them for longer storage. To reheat, use the air fryer or oven to restore their warmth and crispness.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS BANANA BREAD MUG RECIPE
AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS RED POTATO RECIPE
- EASY AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS SWEET POTATOES
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS ASPARAGUS
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS STUFFED JALAPENOS
- EASY AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHER GRILLED CHEESE
Air Fryer SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels
- 1 package frozen soft pretzels
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pretzel salt, or coarse salt
- Preheat Your Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 320°F (160°C). Preheating ensures your pretzels start cooking immediately when they hit the basket.
- Prepare the Pretzels: If you’re using cooking spray or melted butter, lightly coat your SuperPretzel Soft Pretzels with it. This will give them a nice, golden finish and a rich flavor.
- Arrange the Pretzels in the Air Fryer: Place the pretzels in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they aren’t touching. Overcrowding can prevent the pretzels from cooking evenly. If you have more pretzels than can fit in a single layer, you may need to cook them in batches.
- Cook the Pretzels: Air fry the pretzels at 320°F (160°C) for 5-6 minutes, or until they are heated through and golden brown on the outside. If you like a darker finish, you can cook them a little longer, but keep a close eye on them to prevent burning.
- Season and Serve: Once the pretzels are cooked to your liking, carefully remove them from the air fryer. Sprinkle the pretzel salt or coarse sea salt over the pretzels while they are still hot so it sticks well.
- Serve: Serve the pretzels warm with your favorite dips like mustard or cheese sauce.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional