Looking for a delicious and healthy appetizer? Look no further than air fried panko shrimp! This dish is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Plus, it’s a great way to get your daily dose of protein. Better yet, thanks to the air fryer, the result is a plate of crispy fried shrimp, ready for your favorite dipping sauce!
If you have been looking for great recipes for your air fryer, this is one of the best, and it’s made with simple ingredients, found at your local grocery store, that you probably already have on hand!
What Is Panko Shrimp Air Fryer?
Panko shrimp air fryer is one of the most delicious and healthiest dishes you can prepare in your kitchen. And it doesn’t take a lot of time to make, either!
Panko shrimp air fryer is a Japanese dish that consists of crispy breaded shrimp. But, instead of deep frying the prawns, you can use an air fryer to quickly cook them and make them extra crunchy.
This recipe makes the perfect appetizer that’s guaranteed to be loved by everyone who tries it. You can also serve it as a main dish for your next family dinner or holiday party!
Want to learn how to make this easy and delicious dish? Let’s check out the steps below!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Panko Shrimp
Air fryer panko shrimp is an easy and delicious meal for any night of the week. Packed with flavor and a crunchy coating, this shrimp recipe is sure to be a hit!
Remember all of the ingredients, and step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card., as well as the nutritional information.
- Shrimp: Use raw shrimp
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour, gluten-free flour, coconut flour, or almond flour
- Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix: Or another brand
- Corn starch
- Egg: Use a large room-temperature egg
- Panko Breadcrumbs: You can also use gluten-free panko bread crumbs, or for the keto-friendly recipe, use crushed pork rinds
- Seasonings and Spices: Italian Seasoning, Garlic Powder, Cajun Seasoning, Onion Powder, Old Bay Seasoning, Black Pepper, and Garlic Salt.
How To Make Air Fried Panko Shrimp
Step One: Preheat your air fryer
Thaw the shrimp, skip if you using fresh shrimp, then preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
Step Two: Prepare your batter
In a large bowl prepare your flour mixture, mix flour, water, corn muffin mix, cornstarch, seasonings, and the egg, and mix well.
Step Three: Prepare your panko batter
In a smaller bowl and the bread crumbs, are set aside.
Step Four: Dredge shrimp
Holding it by the tail, dip shrimp into the batter, letting any excess batter drip off. And then dip it into the breadcrumb bowl.
Step Five: Add the shrimp to the air fryer basket
Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. Then place each shrimp in a single layer, making sure they don’t touch or overlap.
Step Six: Set the cooking time
Melt about 1 Tsp of butter in the microwave. Then drizzle a tiny bit of melted butter on the top of each shrimp, you can also brush on olive oil, use an avocado oil sprayer, and spray the tops of the shrimp. Place the air fryer basket in the air fryer and cook the shrimp for about 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
Step Seven: Serving
Serve with lemon wedges, tartar sauce, lime juice, cocktail sauce, or remoulade.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fryer Panko Shrimp
Looking for a delicious and healthy seafood recipe? Try air fryer panko shrimp! It’s crispy, crunchy, and full of flavor. Here are some tips to get you a great batch of crispy shrimp that the whole family will love!
- Size of Shrimp: To get the best results when cooking panko shrimp in your air fryer, it’s important to choose the right size of the shrimp I recommend using large devein shrimp, I find that smaller shrimp tends to cook too fast, so it will need less cooking time.
- Timing: Since every air fryer is slightly different it’s important to watch your shrimp as it cooks up, for the best tender seafood, use a meat thermometer, to check the internal temperature.
- Batches: You may need to cook your shrimp in batches, depending on how large your air fryer is, so to keep your shrimp warm, you can place shrimp on a baking sheet, and into a 200-degree F oven, while you cook the remaining shrimp. This is helpful if you are making a lot of shrimp!
- Crowding: For best results do not crowd your air fryer basket, otherwise you will not get a delicious crunchy shrimp!
- Seasonings: I added a lolot of seasonings that you can use, you can also use salt, and black pepper, depending on if you are using seasoned panko.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How To Cook Costco panko shrimp air fryer
Place the frozen Costco panko shrimp into the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees F, for 8 to 12 minutes, flip halfway during ht cooking process.
How To Store
Storing cooked shrimp can be a bit tricky, as these delicate and perishable foods need to be kept in the refrigerator at all times. There are a few important things to keep in mind when storing cooked shrimp.
First, it is important to only store cooked shrimp for short periods of time, as they will quickly start to spoil. Ideally, cooked shrimp should be consumed within a day or two of cooking.
Second, it is important to store cooked shrimp in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help to prevent them from drying out or becoming freezer burned while they are stored.
Finally, if you want to keep cooked shrimp for longer than a few days, you may consider freezing them. To do this, simply place the cooked shrimp in an airtight container or freezer bag and pop them in the freezer. They should be good for several months once they are frozen.
With these tips in mind, you can successfully store and enjoy your delicious cooked shrimp for many meals to come!
How To Reheat Panko Breaded Shimp In Air Fryer
Reheating shrimp in an air fryer is simple and easy. Simply follow these steps:
1. Place the shrimp in a single layer on the baking tray of your air fryer.
2. Set the air fryer to 350°F and cook the shrimp for 10-12 minutes, or until they are heated through and crispy.
3. If desired, you can also reheat shrimp in the microwave or on the stovetop. Simply place the shrimp in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate or bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and heat for 1-2 minutes. Alternatively, you can heat the shrimp in a skillet over medium heat
What To Serve With Panko Breaded Air Fryer Shrimp
Looking for an amazing appetizer to serve at your next gathering? Look no further than panko-breaded air fryer shrimp! This tasty dish is quick and easy to prepare, with minimal cleanup required once it’s done cooking.
Panko breaded air fryer shrimp makes the perfect restaurant quality appetizer or main course, pairing well with a variety of flavorful side dishes. Whether you’re serving it as an appetizer before your main meal or enjoying it on its own as a light and healthy dinner, this dish is sure to please any crowd.
- AIR FRYER SEASONED FRENCH FRIES
- REHEAT FRENCH FRIES AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER SHOESTRING FRENCH FRIES
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT MCDONALD’S FRENCH FRIES
- AIR FRYER FROZEN FRENCH FRIES WITH FRENCH FRY SEASONING
Panko Shrimp Air Fryer
- 1 pound shrimp, raw or thawed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup corn muffin mix
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted and unsalted
- 1 teaspoon seasonings, black pepper, salt, etc.
- Thaw the shrimp, skip if you using fresh shrimp, then preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl prepare your flour mixture, mix flour, corn muffin mix, water, cornstarch, seasonings, and the egg, and mix well.
- In a smaller bowl and the bread crumbs, are set aside.
- Holding it by the tail, dip shrimp into the batter, letting any excess batter drip off. And then dip it into the breadcrumb bowl.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. Then place each shrimp in a single layer, making sure they don’t touch or overlap.
- Melt about 1 Tsp of butter in the microwave. Then drizzle a tiny bit of melted butter on the top of each shrimp, you can also brush on olive oil, use an avocado oil sprayer, and spray the tops of the shrimp. Place the air fryer basket in the air fryer and cook the shrimp for about 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with lemon wedges, tartar sauce, lime juice, cocktail sauce, or remoulade.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray