Air Fryer Frozen Shoestring Fries — What’s better for a batch of crispy French fries? Today, we discuss everyone’s favorite Air Fryer Frozen Shoestring French Fries!
Achieve perfectly crispy air fryer shoestring fries with these simple and quick tips. They’re easy to follow and guarantee flawless results every time!
The best Air Fryer Shoestring French Fries are amazing, delicious, crispy, and a perfect copycat that you would get at any fast food restaurant.
These are my foolproof instructions for the perfect Air Fryer Shoestring French Fries, but all other types will work, including steak fries, crinkle, and the other hundred ones available in the grocer’s freezer aisle.
This recipe will also work on any Air Fryer, Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Lid, and even a regular air fryer.
In confession, my kids love French Fries, and while I wouldn’t say I like going to the drive-thru, these are a perfect substitution. I always serve them with a healthy sandwich or steak dish.
What Are Shoestring French Fries?
Shoestring French fries are thin-cut french fries known for their slender and delicate appearance. They are typically made from potatoes cut into long, thin strips, similar to the size of matchsticks.
These fries are often deep-fried until golden and crispy, resulting in a delightful, crunchy texture. Shoestring fries are a popular choice in many restaurants and fast-food establishments, loved for their crispy exterior and ability to pair well with various dipping sauces.
There is nothing better than Shoestring Fries Air Fryer!
Can you cook frozen shoe-string fries air fry?
Yes, you can cook shoestring fries in an air fryer. Air frying is an excellent method for preparing shoestring fries as it helps achieve a crispy exterior while using significantly less oil than traditional deep frying.
If you love thin fries and are a huge fan of the air fryer, you will love how they cook in the air fryer. The hot air and crispy shoestring fries are amazing! They make for the perfect side dish and perfect pairing with your Air Fryer Hamburger or Air Fyrer Blue Cheese Burger!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Frozen Shoestring Fries
When you have the right ingredients, creating perfectly crispy and delicious Air Fryer Shoestring Fries is a breeze. These thin-cut fries are a favorite snack or side dish that pairs wonderfully with dipping sauces. Let’s explore the essential ingredients to make these irresistible fries in your air fryer.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredients list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Frozen Shoestring Fries: The star of the show, frozen shoestring fries, are readily available in the freezer section of your grocery store. These pre-cut and pre-seasoned fries are convenient for quick and easy air frying.
- Cooking Spray (Optional): While optional, a light coating of cooking spray can help enhance the crispiness of the frozen shoestring fries as they cook in the air fryer. It’s a simple trick to achieve that perfect, golden-brown texture without excessive oil. Olive oil or avocado oil are other options.
- Dipping Sauce: Serve with your favorite dipping sauces, or sprinkle parmesan cheese over the fries.
With just these two ingredients, you’ll be on your way to enjoying deliciously crispy and hot shoestring fries right from your air fryer. It’s an easy recipe and the perfect way to satisfy your fry cravings quickly!
How To Cook Frozen Shoestring Fries In Air Fryer
Cooking frozen shoestring fries in an air fryer is quick and easy, resulting in crispy and delicious fries. Here’s how to do it:
Preheat Your Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F (200°C). Preheating ensures the fries start cooking immediately, resulting in a crispy exterior.
Place the Frozen Fries: Place the frozen shoestring fries in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Avoid overcrowding to allow for proper air circulation, which is essential for even cooking.
Air Fry: Set the cooking time for 10-15 minutes. Midway through the cooking time, pause the air fryer and shake or flip the fries to ensure they cook evenly.
Check for Doneness: Keep an eye on the fries as they cook. They are done when they are golden brown and crispy to your liking.
Serve Hot: Once done, remove the shoestring fries from the air fryer, season them with salt or your preferred seasonings, if desired, and serve them hot.
Cooking frozen shoestring fries in the air fryer is a convenient way to enjoy this classic snack or side dish with a satisfyingly crispy texture, and it takes only a fraction of the time compared to traditional oven baking or deep frying
Pro Tips For Frozen Shoe String Fries In Air Fryer
Achieving the perfect crispy texture for frozen shoestring fries in your air fryer is easy with these pro tips:
- Preheat Your Air Fryer: Preheating your air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for a few minutes is crucial. Preheating ensures the fries start cooking immediately, resulting in a crispier exterior.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Basket: To ensure even cooking, arrange the frozen shoestring fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking and less crispy results. You will probably be unable to cook the entire bag of frozen french fries in the air fryer. For best results, cook in small batches.
- Shake or Flip Midway: About halfway through the cooking time, pause the air fryer, shake the basket, or flip the fries. For the best result, shake so that all sides of the fries cook evenly and become uniformly crispy.
- Check for Doneness: Keep an eye on the fries as they cook, especially in the last few minutes. The cook time may vary depending on the brand and thickness of the fries, so check for that golden-brown, crispy perfection.
- Use Cooking Spray Sparingly: While it’s optional, a light coating of cooking spray on the frozen fries before air frying can help enhance their crispiness. Be cautious not to use too much, as excess oil can make the fries greasy.
- Season Right After Cooking: For the best flavor, season the hot fries with salt or your preferred seasonings immediately after removing them from the air fryer. The heat will help the seasonings adhere better.
By following these pro tips, you’ll have perfectly crispy and delicious frozen shoestring fries from your air fryer every time. Enjoy your favorite snack or side dish without the hassle of deep frying!
Best Brands Of Frozen Shoestring French Fries
The best brand of frozen shoestring French fries can vary depending on personal preferences and availability in your region. However, some popular and well-regarded brands known for their quality frozen shoestring fries include:
- Ore-Ida Shoestring Fries: Ore-Ida is a well-known brand that offers a variety of frozen potato products, including shoestring fries. They are known for their consistent quality and crispiness.
- Alexia: Alexia offers a range of premium frozen potato products, and their shoestring fries are often praised for their taste and texture. They also offer organic and seasoned options.
- McCain: McCain is another reputable brand that produces frozen French fries, including shoestring fries. They are known for their wide availability and consistent quality.
- Cavendish Farms: Cavendish Farms produces frozen potato products, and their shoestring fries are often appreciated for their taste and texture. They offer various cuts and seasonings.
- Great Value (Walmart Brand): Walmart’s Great Value brand offers budget-friendly shoestring fries that many people find to be of good quality.
- Trader Joe’s: Trader Joe’s is known for its unique food offerings, and their frozen shoestring fries are no exception. They often have interesting flavor options.
- Private Label Brands: Many grocery store chains have their own private label brands that offer frozen shoestring fries. These can often be a budget-friendly and tasty option.
They all make for an easy side dish, perfect for any meal.
How do I store frozen shoestring fries?
Store frozen shoestring fries in the freezer at 0°F (-18°C) or below. Please keep them in their original packaging or transfer them to an airtight container or resealable freezer bag to prevent freezer burn.
Can I cook frozen shoestring fries in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen shoestring fries in an air fryer. It’s a convenient way to achieve a crispy texture with less oil than traditional deep frying. Follow the recommended cooking instructions for your specific air fryer model.
How long do I need to cook frozen shoestring fries in the oven?
The cooking time for frozen shoestring fries in the oven typically ranges from 15 to 20 minutes at 425°F (220°C). However, times may vary depending on the brand and thickness of the fries, so always check the package for specific instructions.
How long to cook frozen shoestring fries in air fryer?
The cooking time for frozen shoestring fries in an air fryer typically ranges from 12 to 15 minutes at 400°F (220°C). However, times may vary depending on the brand and thickness of the fries, so always check the package for specific instructions.
Ninja Air Fryer Frozen Shoestring Fries
The cooking time for frozen shoestring fries in the NInja Foodi or Ninaj Grill typically ranges from 12 to 15 minutes at 400°F (220°C). However, times may vary depending on the brand and thickness of the fries, so always check the package for specific instructions.
Can I reheat leftover cooked shoestring fries?
Yes, you can reheat leftover cooked shoestring fries. To maintain their crispiness, preheat your oven or air fryer to 375°F (190°C) and reheat them for a few minutes until they are hot and crispy.
Are frozen shoestring fries gluten-free?
Some brands offer gluten-free frozen shoestring fries. However, checking the product’s packaging or the manufacturer’s website is essential to confirm if they are gluten-free, as ingredients can vary.
Are there any vegan or plant-based frozen shoestring fries available?
Yes, many brands offer vegan or plant-based frozen shoestring fries that do not contain animal-derived ingredients. Look for labels indicating that the product is vegan or suitable for a plant-based diet.
Can I season frozen shoestring fries with my spices and herbs?
Absolutely! You can season frozen shoestring fries with your preferred spices and herbs before or after cooking to customize their flavor to your liking. Some of my favorite seasonings include salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder, and herbs like rosemary or thyme.
How to store leftover shoestring fries:
If you have leftover air frye fries, line the airtight container with paper towels and place it into the freezer. The french fries will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Shoestring French Fries
- 1 package Frozen Shoestring French Fries
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the olive oil and Frozen French Fries, season with salt.
- Fill your basket in a single layer with the frozen French fries, set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Shake the basket several times during the cooking process.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- 1 Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, optional
- Parchment Paper, optional