Air Fryer Ravioli Without Breading — Calling all pasta and air fryer fans – if you’re looking for an easy, healthy way to make delicious air fryer ravioli without breading, we’ve got just the recipe!
With a few simple ingredients and your trusty air fryer, you’ll whip up a batch of these tasty golden pillows of goodness in no time. This twist on classic Italian flavors will impress even the pickiest eaters, whether as an appetizer or part of dinner. So get ready to learn how to make delicious and economical Air Fryer Ravioli Without Breading!
The Best Air Fryer Ravioli No Breading Recipe
Indulge in the ultimate combination of tender pasta and a crispy exterior with this recipe for the best air fryer ravioli, with no breading required. Say goodbye to the mess and excess calories of traditional breaded versions, and say hello to a healthier and equally delicious alternative. In this recipe, perfectly cooked ravioli takes center stage as it is transformed into a delightful appetizer or snack with the magic of the air fryer.
The result is a golden and crispy outer layer that encases the delicate pasta and flavorful filling. Whether you’re hosting a gathering or simply craving a satisfying treat, this air fryer ravioli recipe will surely impress with its simplicity, taste, and irresistible crunch. Get ready to experience pasta perfection with every bite!
Ingredients Needed For Air-Fried Ravioli Without Breadcrumbs
Air-frying is a great way to make light and delicious meals without all the added calories from deep-frying! You don’t need much to create tasty dishes using an air fryer—ravioli can be prepared with just a few simple ingredients that you might already have in your pantry.
You can whip up unique dishes with minimal effort as long as you’ve got some quality ravioli, plus oil, cheese, spices, and other flavors of your choice. Read on to discover what key ingredients are needed for making air-fried ravioli without breadcrumbs!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Ravioli: Fresh Ravioli is optional here. Trader Joe’s has some amazing varieties!
- Oil: Use high-heat oil, such as olive oil, grapeseed oil, or avocado oil
- Cheese: Use freshly grated parmesan cheese or pecorino cheese
- Seasonings and Spices: Italian Seasoning, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper
How To Cook Air Fryer Ravioli No Breading
If you’re looking for an easy, delicious way to make dinner that your whole family can enjoy, look no further than air fryer ravioli. This simple dish takes only minutes to prepare but is packed full of flavor! Not only does using an air fryer save time and energy, but it also helps keep the original texture and flavor of the ravioli intact.
Plus, with this particular recipe, there’s no breading involved, so it can be enjoyed guilt-free even if you’re watching your waistline! With a few pantry staples like olive oil, salt, and pepper, you can whip up a mouth-watering Italian meal in almost no time – from prepping the ingredients to when your family sits around the dinner table. So get ready for severe pasta satisfaction with our handy guide on cooking air fryer ravioli without any breading.
Step One: Arrange the ravioli in the air fryer basket
Preheat your air fryer to a temperature of 375 degrees F (190°C). Preheating ensures that the ravioli cook evenly and become crispy. Add the ravioli, oil, and seasonings in a large mixing bowl, and toss well to coat.
Place the ravioli in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they don’t overlap. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the ravioli in batches.
Step Two: Air fry the ravioli
Insert the basket into the preheated air fryer and set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. The exact cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of the ravioli, as well as the specific air fryer model. Cook them until they turn golden brown and become crispy.
Open the air fryer and check the ravioli to ensure they are cooked to your desired crispiness. You can cook them for another minute or two to achieve the desired texture.
Step Three: Serving
Remove and serve: Once the ravioli are crispy and golden, carefully remove them from the air fryer and transfer them to a serving plate. Serve them hot as an appetizer or snack.
Optional: Serve with dipping sauce: If desired, serve the air-fried ravioli with a dipping sauce of your choice. Marinara sauce, pesto, or a creamy garlic sauce are popular options that complement the ravioli flavors.
Pro Tips For Cooking Air Fryer Ravioli No Breading
To elevate your air fryer ravioli no breading cooking game, here are some pro tips:
- Choose the right ravioli: Opt for fresh or frozen ravioli with a sturdy texture that can hold up well in the air fryer without breading. Ravioli with a thicker dough and well-sealed edges tend to work best.
- Preheat the air fryer: Preheating the air fryer is essential to achieve a crispy exterior. It allows the ravioli to cook evenly and brown properly. Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the ravioli.
- Lightly oil the ravioli (optional): While not necessary, lightly spraying or brushing the ravioli with a small amount of cooking oil can enhance the crispiness. Use a high smoke points oil like vegetable oil or canola oil. Remember that this step is optional and can still achieve good results without oil.
- Arrange in a single layer: To ensure even cooking, arrange the ravioli in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding them, as this can prevent proper air circulation and result in uneven browning.
- Flip halfway through: Flip the ravioli halfway through the cooking time to ensure both sides crisp up evenly. This helps achieve a crunchy texture on all sides.
- Season to taste: Before air frying, you can season the ravioli with your favorite spices or herbs to add extra flavor. Try sprinkling them with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, or grated Parmesan cheese.
- Monitor cooking time: Keep a close eye on the ravioli as they cook to prevent overcooking or burning. Cooking times can vary depending on the size and thickness of the ravioli and the specific air fryer model. Adjust the cooking time as needed to achieve the desired level of crispiness.
- Serve immediately: Air-fried ravioli with no breading is best enjoyed right after cooking when they are still hot and crispy. Serve them immediately as an appetizer or snack to savor their delicious texture.
- Experiment with dipping sauces: Pair your air-fried ravioli with various dipping sauces to enhance the flavors. Marinara sauce, pesto, Alfredo sauce, or even a spicy aioli can add a tasty touch. Get creative and try different combinations to find your favorite.
By following these pro tips, you’ll be able to achieve perfectly crispy and delicious air fryer ravioli without breading.
Can I use any ravioli for air frying without breading?
Yes, you can use various types of ravioli for air frying without breading. Whether it’s cheese-filled, meat-filled, or vegetable-filled, the choice is up to your preference. Just ensure the ravioli is fresh or frozen and has a sturdy texture that can hold up well in the air fryer.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer before cooking the ravioli?
Preheating the air fryer is important for achieving a crispy exterior. Before adding the ravioli, preheat the air fryer for a few minutes, usually around 375°F (190°C). This ensures that the air fryer is at the right temperature when you start cooking.
Should I coat the ravioli with oil before air frying?
It is optional to coat the ravioli with a small amount of oil before air frying. While it can enhance the crispiness, you can still achieve good results without oil. If using oil, lightly spray or brush the ravioli with a high smoke point oil like vegetable oil or canola oil.
How long does it take to cook ravioli in the air fryer without breading?
Cooking time can vary depending on the size and thickness of the ravioli, as well as the specific air fryer model. Generally, it takes about 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through, to cook the ravioli until they turn golden brown and become crispy. Keep an eye on them and adjust the cooking time as needed.
Can I reheat leftover air-fried ravioli?
Yes, you can reheat leftover air-fried ravioli. To maintain their crispiness, preheat the air fryer, arrange the leftover ravioli in a single layer, and heat them for a few minutes until they are warmed through. Keep an eye on them to avoid overcooking.
Can I freeze air-fried ravioli for later use?
While it’s best to enjoy air-fried ravioli immediately for optimal texture, you can freeze them later. After air frying, let the ravioli cool completely, then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. To reheat, preheat the air fryer and cook the frozen ravioli for a few minutes until heated through.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- Zucchini Cheddar Muffins
- Easy Zucchini Pizza Boats
- Homemade Air Fryer Zucchini Bread
Air Fryer Ravioli Without Breading
- 9 ounces ravioli, fresh or thawed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your air fryer to a temperature of 375 degrees F (190°C). Preheating ensures that the ravioli cook evenly and become crispy.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ravioli, oil, and seasonings, and toss well to coat.
- Place the ravioli in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they don't overlap. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the ravioli in batches.
- Insert the basket into the preheated air fryer and set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time. The exact cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of the ravioli, as well as the specific air fryer model. Cook them until they turn golden brown and become crispy.
- Open the air fryer and check the ravioli to ensure they are cooked to your desired crispiness. You can cook them for another minute or two to achieve the desired texture.
- Remove and serve: Once the ravioli are crispy and golden, carefully remove them from the air fryer and transfer them to a serving plate. Serve them hot as an appetizer or snack.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional