Air Fryer Oktoberfest Burger — Looking for a delicious way to celebrate Oktoberfest? Check out this air fryer Oktoberfest burger! It’s made with ground sirloin, onion, and special seasonings, then topped with Swiss cheese and sauerkraut. Plus, it’s cooked in just minutes using your air fryer. So easy and tasty!
When you think of Oktoberfest, what comes to mind? For most people, the answer is beer, brats, and lederhosen. But there’s one more thing that should be on your list: air fryer burgers. With an air fryer, you can cook up a delicious burger that tastes as if it came straight from a German Biergarten. So grab your ingredients and get ready to rock out some Oktoberfest burgers!
What Is An Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks food by circulating hot air around it. This gives food a crispy outside and a tender inside, similar to what you would get from frying it in oil. Air fryers are a great way to cook healthier versions of your favorite fried foods without all the added fat. They come in different sizes, so you can find one that will fit your needs. Plus, they’re easy to use, and cleanup is a breeze! If you’re looking for a new way to cook, an air fryer may be what you need.
The Air Fryer Oktoberfest Burger is a delicious and easy way to celebrate the season. You can have a perfect festive burger for any party or get-together with just a few simple ingredients. We hope you enjoy it!
What Is Oktoberfest?
If you’re a fan of beer, then you’re probably familiar with Oktoberfest. This famous German celebration is all about enjoying the drink in many forms. There’s something for everyone at this festival, from traditional lagers to pumpkin-flavored brews. If you can’t make it to Germany this year, never fear! There are plenty of Octoberfest celebrations happening right here in the United States.
What is an Oktoberfest Burger?
Oktoberfest is when people all over celebrate with beer, traditional food, and music. If you’re looking for a way to spice up your Octoberfest celebration, why not try making an Oktoberfest burger? This burger is made with ground beef, onion, mustard, and beer, and it’s sure to be a hit at your party. So if you’re looking for something different this year, give the Oktoberfest burger a try!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Oktoberfest Burger
Do you have an air fryer? If not, you need to get one! They are amazing. You can make all sorts of things in them, like this Oktoberfest burger. It’s so easy to make, and it’s delicious. The best part is that you only need a few simple ingredients. Please keep reading to find out what they are!
Ground Beef: Use lean ground beef, which will help prevent your air fryer from smoking.
Swiss Cheese: you can also use beer cheese if you can find it at your local grocery store.
German Style Whole Coarse Grain Mustard: The whole mustard seeds in the mustard add a lot of flavors.
Pretzel Rolls: These are amazing and add so much flavor.
Caramelized Onions: Adds another layer of flavor
Coleslaw or Sauerkraut: Add either homemade or store-bought coleslaw or use sauerkraut.
How To Make Air Fryer Oktoberfest Burgers
Add the ground beef, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and crushed pretzels to a large mixing bowl, and mix well.
Divide your meat into four hamburger patties and place them into the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes—clipping halfway during the cooking process.
To Assemble: Spread one teaspoon of mustard on the bottom bun, top with the cooked burger, add the slice of Swiss Cheese, followed by caramelized onions, and either sauerkraut or coleslaw. Add the top bun, and enjoy!
What Type of Meat To Use
Ground Beef: Ground beef is the classic choice for burger recipes. You can use a leaner option such as 80/20 so that your air fryer doesn’t smoke. If you use a higher fat content, place a piece of bread between the top and bottom basket, or add a couple of tablespoons of water in the basket to prevent smoking.
Pork: You can also use ground pork, or even half pork and half ground beef, for even more flavor. You can also mix some spicier options such as Hot Italian Sausage or Chorizo.
Leaner Options: You can use ground turkey or ground chicken if you want a leaner option. Both of those options make an excellent lean burger option.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Moist Meat: Use meat with a little bit of fat (80/20), so the burgers stay moist.
- Meat Thermometer: To make sure that your meat is cooked to perfection, use a meat thermometer. This is important since every air fryer cooks light differently. A meat thermometer will guarantee that the tour burger does not dry out from overcooking.
- Check Your Burger: Since every air fryer cooks slightly differently, it’s essential to check your burger frequently as they cook up.
- Flipping: Depending on your air fryer, you may need to flip your burger halfway during the cooking process. So both sides are cooked to perfection.
- Making Burgers In An Air Fryer Oven: To make burgers in an air fryer oven, place the burger on the bottom shelf or rack. This will ensure that your burger gets cooked on the inside and outside. If you add it to the top rack, it will get cooked on the outside, but the inside will be raw.
Storage and Reheating Instructions
If you have any leftovers, let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. They will last for about 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
You can either reheat the burgers in the air fryer or the microwave and heat them until they are warmed.
More Air Fryer Beef Recipes
An air fryer is a popular appliance for a good reason. It cooks food quickly and evenly, without the need for added oil. This makes it a healthy option, perfect for those trying to eat better. If you’re looking for some new ideas for air fryer beef recipes, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got plenty of delicious options to choose from. From steak to tacos, there’s something for everyone here. So don’t wait any longer – check out our recipes and get cooking!
- AIR FRYER MINI TACO BOWLS
- AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE
- EASY AIR FRYER CHICKEN YAKITORI
- AIR FRYER THE BEST PEPPERONI CALZONE
Air Fryer Oktoberfest Burger
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels
- 4 teaspoons mustard
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1 cup caramelized onions
- 1 cup coleslaw, or sauerkraut
- 4 large pretzel buns
- Add the ground beef, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and crushed pretzels to a large mixing bowl, and mix well.
- Divide your meat into four hamburger patties and place them into the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes—clipping halfway during the cooking process.
- To Assemble: Spread one teaspoon of mustard on the bottom bun, top with the cooked burger, add the slice of Swiss Cheese, followed by caramelized onions, and either sauerkraut or coleslaw. Add the top bun, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer