Air fryer cakes are so easy to make and everyone loves cake. You can make this delicious cake recipe from scratch with our simple instructions.
I love to bake, I have been baking since I was a child, and was given an easy bake oven. Now, that I have an air fryer and Instant Pot, those are my new tools. They replaced my childhood dream toy. But, sometimes cooking with my air fryer, brings me back some fond memories since some of the food is miniature in size.
I have several air fryers, and this remains my favorite, easy to use and easy to clean up. It’s priced VERY reasonably. Here are some of the cakes, I have made in the past, all have been wonderful,
Baking is a science, some of us have it, some of us do not. As a small child, my mother would always bake cakes from mixes. As I got older and I was armed with a husband who loves cakes, I became more adventurous.
Here are some tips for making a cake in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer, just make sure that you use gloves when you go and put your pan into the air fryer.
- Always spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray, just as if you are making a cake in the oven. ( I use whatever I have on hand, either Pam or Baker’s Joy) Trader Joe’s makes a great non-stick cooking spray too.
- I cook my cake for the air fryer, low and slow, this makes them brown better and I find that it does take longer but, also makes for a moist cake.
- Set the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use the correct tools to measure dry ingredients, never use a measuring cup, always use these tools
- For a lighter batter, always cream the butter and sugar together.
- Allow the cake to cool, just about 10 minutes and you should be able to easily get the cake out of the pan.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, My First Texas Sheet Cake In an Air Fryer
This is an amazing cake and it feeds a crowd, which is what a sheet cake is supposed to do, My kids loved it, I loved that it served 12 guests and it took me less than 15 minutes to make. I hope you and your family will enjoy it!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Cuisine: cake
- 1 package vanilla cake mix
- ingredients to make above cake mix, per package instructions
- 1 container chocolate frosting
- This is the cake mix, I used in this recipe
- Prepare as directed on the box.
- Prepare your pan by either spraying non-stick cooking spray or olive oil into the pan.
- After mixing the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Set the pan with the batter into the air fryer (here I used the Omni)
- Air fry (setting) at 320 degrees F, for 15 minutes.
- Check to make sure the cooked is fully cooked, and then let cool down, before you frost.
- Then frost (if you desire), plate, serve and enjoy!