Learn How to Make Box Brownies in the Air Fryer with this simple recipe. This is one of the easiest baking recipes to pull off, which will make you fall in love with baking in your air fryer! Oh, so good and delicious!
Box Brownie in the Air Fryer
There is nothing like a good air fryer hack. I love them, and if you have been reading my website for a while, you know this. Today, I am simply making Air Fryer Boxed Brownies. If you are a fan of brownies, consider grabbing your favorite brand and make it in your air fryer instead of the oven.
Now, I will be honest with you, air fryer brownies from a mix make an awesome brownie — especially on the days when you just don’t want to spend the time or energy measuring everything.
It is so simple to make, and there is no need to wait for the oven to preheat. And seriously it’s a budget dessert, with an average price of around $2.00.
Give my Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies a try in your air fryer as well!
Why You’ll Love Air Frying Boxed Brownies
- Budget friendly dessert
- Minimal effort with a huge pay off
- Delicious end result
- So easy in the air fryer!
Watch How to Air Fry Boxed Brownies
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Boxed Brownies
The ingredients used for a box brownie in the air fryer will depend on the mix that you use. Simply follow the instructions on the box.
- Brownie Mix, any type
- Ingredients called for on the box.
How To Make Air Fryer Boxed Brownies
Step 1: Make Brownie Batter
Start by making the brownies, per the instructions on the box, and mix well.
Step 2: Spread Evenly
Prepare a baking pan by lining it with parchment or spraying it with cooking spray.
Next, pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly across the bottom. Place the pan in the air fryer basket.
Step 3: Air Fry Brownies
Set your air fryer to the Air Fry setting and cook at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, check the brownies and add more time as needed. I always put mine in at 5-minute intervals and check them until they are done.
Step 4: Cool and Serve
Allow the brownies to cool before slicing. Then plate and serve as desired! These boxed brownies couldn’t be any simpler to make.
Pro Tips for the Best Air Fryer Brownies:
- Use room temperature eggs — they make for a lighter, fluffier brownie.
- Check on your brownies frequently. The thicker the air fryer boxed brownies, the longer they will take to cook in the air fryer.
- Be aware of your baking pan. Did you know that the pan that you use makes a difference in cooking time? Metal pans cook faster, while glass dishes take longer. I always recommend investing in a good metal brownie pan. It will save you lots of time air frying.
- Use parchment paper (or aluminum foil) on the bottom of your pan. It makes your boxed brownies in the air fryer easier to cut and remove from the pan.
- Air fryer brownies from a mix continue to cook after you take them out of the air fryer. If you insert a knife and it comes out with a FEW crumbs, they are done.
Variations of Box Brownies:
Here are some easy ways to jazz up your box brownie mix.
- Add some nuts, whether walnuts, almonds, peanuts, etc.
- Add some chocolate chips or cocoa nibs to the batter.
- Mix in some candy bar pieces. My kid’s favorites are Snickers, Kit-Kats, and even M&MS.
- Add some sea salt on top.
- Add some chocolate drizzle on top — this is one of my family’s favorite.
Sometimes mixing in some quick and easy toppings can totally transform your boxed brownies in the air fryer to a whole new level. Give it a try, or do half one way and the other half plain.
Serving Suggestions for Air Fryer Brownies from a Mix:
- Ice Cream: Nothing is sweeter than a warm brownie with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. You could even go full indulgent with peppermint or pecan ice cream instead.
- Whipped Cream: A dollop of homemade whipped cream is one of my favorites. Add a cherry on top and dive in!
- Drizzle With Sauce: Melt some hot fudge, caramel, or even butterscotch and drizzle over the top of your air fryer brownies from a mix.
- Powdered Sugar: Nothing beats a little dusting of powdered sugar on brownies.
Can I Use This Recipe For Gluten Free Brownie Mix?
You are more than welcome to reach for a gluten-free mix if that is what you need. Also, you could even do a vegan style brownie. Just know that it might need to alter the cooking time for the brownie mix.
I recommend checking on your brownies every 5 minutes so you’re aware of how quickly they’re cooking.
Can I Use Butter Instead of Oil for the Brownies?
Yes, just substitute the same quantity. For instance, if your recipe calls for 1/2 cup of oil, you use 1/2 cup of melted butter in its place.
Can I Use Milk Instead of Water for the Brownies?
Yes, you can use milk or heavy cream instead of water when you make brownies in the air fryer. The amount will be exactly the same.
What Can I Substitute for the Eggs?
If you have an egg allergy, the easiest replacement would be unsweetened applesauce. Use 1/4 cup applesauce for every egg your box recipe calls for.
Do Brownies Freeze Well?
Brownies are a dessert that does freeze nicely. Just allow your brownies to cool completely, then slice and place them in an airtight container. Freeze for up to three months.
Thaw on the counter and enjoy a brownie whenever you get a craving. If you have a vacuum sealer, you can extend the freezer life even longer.
Do You Have to Refrigerate Brownies?
Brownies do not have to be refrigerated. However, if you swirl in cream cheese or another ingredient that requires refrigeration, then yes, they need to be refrigerated.
Otherwise, storing in an airtight container is all you need to do.
What Pan Can I Use For Making Brownies in The Air Fryer?
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
How to Make Box Brownies in the Air Fryer
- 1 package brownie mix
- Ingredients to go with the boxed mix
- Start by preparing your brownies per the box instructions. When you are down, mix everything.
- Line your brownie with aluminum foil or parchment paper, or leave it as is. Then use a non-stick cooking spray, spray the bottom of your pan (or foil/parchment paper)
- Pour your brownie mix into the prepared pan.
- Set the pan in your air fryer for 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, check the brownies, and then adjust the time for that. I always put mine in at 5-minute intervals and check them until they are done.
- Note: The exact time for your brownies depends on your machine, wattage, how thick the brownies are, etc.
- Let cool after you take them out of the air fryer.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Baking Pan