How to Make Boxed Brownies in An Air Fryer — This is one of the easiest recipes, which will make you fall in love with baking in your air fryer! Oh, so good & delicious!
There is nothing like a good air fryer hack. I love them, if you have been reading my website for a while, you know this. Today, I am simply making Air Fryer Boxed Brownies. If you are a fan of brownies, consider grabbing your favorite brand and make it in your air fryer instead of the oven.
Now, I will be honest with you, this makes an awesome brownie, especially on the days, when you just don’t want to spend the time or energy measuring everything. And seriously it’s a budget dessert, with an average price of around $2.00.
Also, give my Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies a try in your air fryer as well.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Boxed Brownies
Here are the Ingredients Used in This Recipe, Every recipe will be slightly different because you follow the instructions on the box. (and each brand will alter slightly)
- Brownie Mix, any type
- Ingredients called for on the box.
How To Make Air Fryer Boxed Brownies
Start by making the brownies, per the instructions on the box.
Then mix well. Next, pour into an air fryer safe pan, and then place in the air fryer basket. It is so simple to make and there is no need to wait for the oven to preheat. Just whip up this dessert. Give this method of making brownies a try.
Can I Use This Recipe For Gluten Free Brownie Mix
You are more than welcome to reach for a gluten-free mix if that is what you need. Also, you could even do a vegan style brownie. Just know that it might need to alter the cooking time for the brownie mix.
- Use room temperature eggs, they make for a lighter brownie.
- Check on your brownies frequently, the thicker the brownie, the longer it will take to cook, in the air fryer.
- Did you know that the pan that you use, makes a difference in the cooking time? Metal pans cook faster, while glass dishes take longer. I always recommend investing in a good brownie pan (metal) it will save you lots of time air frying.
- Use parchment paper (or aluminum foil) on the bottom of your pan, it makes it easier to cut, and remove from the pan.
- The right pan is ESSENTIAL for baking, it has to be the right depth.
- Brownies continue to cook after you take them out of the air fryer. If you insert a knife and it comes out with a FEW crumbs, they are done.
Here are some easy ways to jazz up your boxed mix.
- Add some nuts, whether walnuts, almonds, peanuts, cocoa nibs, etc.
- Add some chocolate chips to the batter.
- Mix in some candy bar pieces. My kid’s favorites are Snickers, Kit-Kats, and even M&MS.
- Add some sea salt on top.
- Add some chocolate drizzle on top, this is one of my family’s favorite.
Sometimes mixing in some easy and quick toppings can totally transform your brownies to a whole new level. Give it a try, or do half one way and the other half-naked.
How To Serve:
- Ice Cream | Nothing is sweeter than a warm brownie with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. You could even go on the edge and do a peppermint or pecan style ice cream as well.
- Whipped Cream | A dollop of homemade whipped cream is one of my favorites. Add a cherry on top and dive in fork first.
- Drizzle With Sauce | Melt up some hot fudge, caramel, or even butterscotch and drizzle over the top of your brownies.
- Powdered Sugar | Nothing beats a little dusting of powdered sugar on brownies.
CAN I USE BUTTER INSTEAD OF OIL FOR THE BROWNIES?
Yes, just substitute the same quantity, 1/2 cup of oil you use 1/2 cup of butter.
CAN I USE MILK INSTEAD OF WATER FOR THE BROWNIES?
Yes, you can use milk or heavy cream. The amount will be exactly the same.
WHAT CAN I SUBSTITUTE OUT FOR THE EGGS?
If you have an egg allergy the easiest replacement would be unsweetened applesauce.
Do Brownies Freeze Well?
Brownies are one dessert that does freeze nicely. Just allow your brownies to cool down once you pull them out of the oven. Then you will want to slice and place it in an airtight container. Then freeze for up to three months.
Thaw on the counter and enjoy a brownie whenever you get a craving. If you have a vacuum sealer you can extend the shelf life even longer.
Do You Have to Refrigerate Brownies?
Brownies do not have to be refrigerated. Only unless you swirl in cream cheese or something, then yes, they need refrigerated. Storing in an airtight container is all you need to do.
What Pan Can I Use For Making Brownies in The Air Fryer?
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
Don’t Forget To Pin:
There is nothing better for dessert or a quick snack than brownies! Prepared and cooked in the air fryer, they are delicious!
- 1 package brownie mix
- Ingredients to go with the boxed mix
Start by preparing your brownies per the box instructions. When you are down, mix everything.
Line your brownie with aluminum foil or parchment paper, or leave it as is. Then use a non-stick cooking spray, spray the bottom of your pan (or foil/parchment paper)
Pour your brownie mix into the prepared pan.
Set the pan in your air fryer for 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes.
After 15 minutes, check the brownies, and then adjust the time for that. I always put mine in at 5-minute intervals and check them until they are done.
Note: The exact time for your brownies depends on your machine, wattage, how thick the brownies are, etc.
Let cool after you take them out of the air fryer.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!