This is one of the greatest baking hacks, I have come across in recent history, the donut making started innocently enough, when I was experimenting with my air fryer, and remembered my mother baking these in a skillet, and I thought why not?
My kids were pretty happy as was I since I found a new and easy breakfast food.
These donuts are great, you do not need to play with flour or yeast, and you can get them to your table in about 7 minutes. More if you are frosting and decorating them. This also saves you a stop at Dunkin Donuts (my favorite, since I am a Boston gal) and my husband’s favorite Krispy Kreme (since he is a Mid-western guy)
My mother was a great baker, she baked every evening so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late.
My kids have the same problem, we are always running late. My youngest son commutes half an hour to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, in the car, while my husband is driving him. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
I have a long laundry list of items, I would like to make, so if you have any suggestions, I am always open to them.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Pans, I had a hard time finding pans that fit, but then one day, I ran around this amazing, which even includes a muffin tin, talk about a score!
Don’t Forget to Pin—
Air Fryer, Homemade Glazed Pumpkin Donuts
Just in time for Pumpkin Time, although pumpkin is always in season in my house. This has a great homemade donut with the flavor of nutmeg, ground cinnamon and of course the star ingredient, Pumpkin!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 16 donuts 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Donuts
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin (canned, not the one for the pies)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4–5 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Then add the milk sour cream, and eggs, mix well.
- The mixture will be light and fluffy
- Then add in the pumpkin, vanilla extract, and spices.
- Continue to mix, until it’s well blended.
- This is the donut pan, see my links that fit nicely on top of the Omni Instant Pot Tray.
- Spray well with olive oil spray.
- Fill the donut cavities with the batter.
- Set in the air fryer oven for 6 minutes at 320 degrees F.
- Let cool before making the icing.
- In a small bowl mix together the milk and powdered sugar, continue to mix until it’s the consistency of glue. If you need more sugar to add it, if you need more milk, add it, you want it to adhere to the donuts
- Spoon over donuts, and then let set.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!