Easy Air Fryer Pumpkin Donuts — Embrace fall flavors with these Easy Air Fryer Pumpkin Donuts, a delightful treat that captures the season’s essence.
Infusing the classic donut with the warm, comforting taste of pumpkin and spices, this recipe is a perfect way to welcome the autumnal months.
Utilizing an air fryer’s convenience and health benefits, these donuts offer a lighter alternative to the traditional deep-fried versions without compromising on taste or texture. Whether cozying up with a warm beverage or seeking a festive snack, these pumpkin donuts will bring seasonal joy to your kitchen. Let’s dive into how you can create these scrumptious, spiced delights right at home.
The Best Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Welcome to the delightful world of Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Donuts, a treat that perfectly encapsulates autumn’s cozy and comforting essence. These donuts blend the rich, warm flavors of pumpkin and classic fall spices, creating a mouthwatering treat ideal for crisp autumn mornings or as a sweet accompaniment to your afternoon coffee.
Using an air fryer in this recipe brings a healthier twist to the traditional donut-making process, offering a lighter yet equally indulgent experience. Each bite of these pumpkin spice donuts is a celebration of the season, with their soft, cake-like texture and aromatic blend of spices, making them a must-try for anyone looking to embrace fall flavors in a deliciously easy way.
Why You Will Love Air Fryer Pumpkin Donuts
You will absolutely love these Air Fryer Pumpkin Donuts for a multitude of reasons:
- Seasonal Flavors: The rich, warm taste of pumpkin and classic fall spices like cinnamon and nutmeg make these donuts a perfect fall treat to celebrate autumn.
- Healthier Option: Air frying offers a healthier alternative to traditional deep frying, reducing the amount of oil used while still achieving a delightful texture – crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Ease and Convenience: This recipe is straightforward and quick, using an air fryer for efficient cooking. It’s perfect for those who want to enjoy homemade donuts without the hassle of deep frying.
- Comforting and Cozy: These pumpkin donuts have a comforting quality, ideal for enjoying on a chilly fall morning or as a cozy evening dessert.
- Versatility in Serving: They can be enjoyed plain, sprinkled with sugar, or glazed. To suit your taste, you can also experiment with different toppings, like a cream cheese frosting or a maple glaze.
- Great for All Occasions: Whether it’s a family breakfast, a friendly gathering, or a festive holiday treat, these pumpkin donuts fit perfectly into any autumnal setting.
- Kid-Friendly: Their sweetness and appealing flavor make them a hit among children, making them perfect for family-friendly baking activities.
Overall, Air Fryer Pumpkin Donuts offers the best of both worlds – the indulgence of a seasonal treat and the benefits of a healthier cooking method, all wrapped up in a deliciously easy-to-make package.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pumpkin Donuts
Delight in fall flavors with these Air Fryer Pumpkin Donuts, where each ingredient comes together to create a perfect autumnal treat.
This recipe combines the seasonal charm of pumpkin with a mix of warm spices, offering a delicious and cozy experience in every bite. Ideal for satisfying your pumpkin spice cravings, these donuts are easy to make and a healthier alternative to traditional fried donuts. Here’s what you’ll need to whip up these delightful treats:
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Canned Pumpkin Puree: This adds the essential pumpkin flavor and moistness to the donuts, making them rich and flavorful.
- All-Purpose Flour: It forms the base of the donut batter, providing the right texture and structure.
- Brown Sugar: Adds a deep, caramel-like sweetness that complements the pumpkin and spices. You can also use white sugar.
- Egg: Acts as a binder in the batter, ensuring all ingredients combine seamlessly for a uniform texture.
- Baking Powder: Helps the donuts rise, giving them a light and fluffy consistency.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: A blend of spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice, this adds the quintessential fall flavor to the donuts.
- Vanilla Extract: Enhances the overall flavor of the donuts, adding a hint of sweetness and depth.
- Milk: Incorporates moisture into the batter, making the donuts tender.
- Salt: A pinch to balance the sweetness and bring out the flavors of the other ingredients.
Each ingredient in this Air Fryer Pumpkin Donuts recipe is key in delivering the taste and texture that make these donuts a delightful autumn treat. Whether you’re a pumpkin spice enthusiast or just looking for a seasonal baking project, these donuts will impress.
How To Cook Pumpkin Donuts In Air Fryer
Here are the step by step for this easy recipe, perfect for the fall season,
Prepare the Batter:
Combine the canned pumpkin puree with brown sugar and an egg in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
Stir in the milk and vanilla extract.
Whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and a pinch of salt in another bowl.
Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a smooth batter is formed.
Preheat the Air Fryer:
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F (175°C) for a couple of minutes. This ensures the donuts cook evenly.
Shape the Donuts:
If you have a donut pan that fits in your air fryer, you can fill the cavities with the batter. Alternatively, form donut shapes on parchment paper cut to fit the air fryer basket. You can also use a piping or ziplock bag with a corner cut-off to pipe the batter into donut shapes. You can also use a donut cutter, or cookie cutter.
Air Fry the Donuts:
Place the shaped donuts in the air fryer basket. Be careful not to overcrowd; this will allow even cooking.
Set cook time for 8-10 minutes or until they are golden and a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean.
You can coat the warm donuts with cinnamon and sugar, or brush them with a pastry brush, with melted butter for a classic finish or drizzle them with a simple glaze made from powdered sugar and milk.
Serve and Enjoy:
Allow the donuts to cool slightly on a cooling rack before serving. They are best enjoyed warm.
Experimenting with recipe variations can add delightful twists to your Air Fryer Pumpkin Donuts. Here are some creative ideas to customize and enhance these delicious donuts.
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Donuts: Mix mini chocolate chips into the batter before air frying. The chocolate adds a rich, sweet contrast to the pumpkin flavor.
- Maple Glazed Pumpkin Donuts: Dip the donuts in a maple syrup glaze after air frying. Combine maple syrup with powdered sugar for a sweet, autumn-inspired topping.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Donuts: Infuse your donut glaze with espresso or strong coffee for a caffeine kick that emulates the popular pumpkin latte.
- Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Donuts: Top the cooled donuts with a cream cheese frosting. Mix cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla extract for a creamy topping.
- Pumpkin and Pecan Donuts: Add chopped pecans to the donut batter for a nutty texture and flavor. You can also sprinkle chopped pecans on top of glazed donuts.
- Cinnamon Sugar-Coated Pumpkin Donuts: Instead of a glaze, coat the warm donuts in a mix of cinnamon and granulated sugar for a classic finish.
- Vegan Pumpkin Donuts: Use plant-based milk, a flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed mixed with 2.5 tbsp water), and vegan butter or oil to make your donuts vegan-friendly.
- Pumpkin and Oat Donuts: Add ground oats to the batter for a healthier twist. This will give the donuts a heartier texture and additional nutritional benefits.
- Pumpkin and Ginger Donuts: Add finely chopped crystallized ginger to the batter for a spicy-sweet flavor that complements the pumpkin.
- Pumpkin Pie Donuts: Enhance the spices in your batter to mirror those in pumpkin pie, such as increasing the amounts of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
These variations on the classic Air Fryer Pumpkin Donuts allow you to enjoy fall flavors in many delightful ways. Whether you’re in the mood for something chocolatey, nutty, or vegan, there’s a pumpkin donut variation for everyone!
Creating the perfect Air Fryer Homemade Pumpkin Donuts can be a delightful experience with these pro tips:
- Pumpkin Puree Quality: Use good-quality canned pumpkin puree or homemade puree for the best flavor. Ensure it’s pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling with added spices and sugar.
- Consistency of the Batter: The batter should be thick enough to hold its shape but not too stiff. If it’s too runny, add a little more flour; if too thick, a splash of milk can help.
- Even Shaping: For uniform cooking and presentation, consistently shape the donuts. Using a piping or ziplock bag with a corner snipped off can help achieve even and round donuts.
- Preheating the Air Fryer: Like an oven, preheating your air fryer ensures the donuts start cooking immediately and helps them rise better.
- Avoid Overcrowding: Place the donuts in a single layer with some space in between. Cooking in batches is better than overcrowding, as it allows for even air circulation and cooking.
- Flip Gently: Halfway through the cooking time, flip the donuts gently to ensure they brown evenly on both sides.
- Glaze or Coat While Warm: If you’re using a glaze or cinnamon sugar, apply it while the donuts are still warm to adhere better.
- Monitoring Cooking Time: Keep an eye on the donuts, as cooking times can vary depending on the air fryer model. They’re done when they are golden brown and spring back when touched.
- Cool Before Glazing: If you’re glazing the donuts, let them cool for a few minutes first, and transfer them to a wire rack or baking sheet. Glazing while too hot can cause the glaze to melt and become runny.
- Storage: If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container. They’re best eaten within a day or two, as air-fried donuts can dry out faster than traditional fried ones.
By following these tips, your homemade Air Fryer Pumpkin Donuts will turn out deliciously spiced, perfectly cooked, and irresistibly tasty, making them a hit for any autumn occasion or a cozy treat at home.
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned puree?
Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin. Roast it and blend it into a puree. For the best results, ensure it’s well-drained and thick, like canned puree.
How do I prevent the donuts from sticking to the air fryer?
Lightly grease the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray, or use a piece of parchment paper with holes to prevent sticking.
Can I make these donuts gluten-free?
Absolutely! Substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend suitable for baking.
Is it necessary to flip the donuts halfway through cooking?
Flipping ensures that both sides of the donuts cook evenly and acquire a uniform golden-brown color.
How can I tell when the donuts are done?
The donuts should be golden brown and spring back when lightly touched. An inserted toothpick should come out clean.
Can I store the leftover donuts?
Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, though they’re best enjoyed fresh.
Can I double the recipe?
You can, but you may still need to cook in batches to avoid overcrowding the air fryer.
What can I use if I don’t have a donut mold?
You can shape the dough by hand use a piping bag to create a round shape, and use a small cutter for the center hole.
Can I make the dough ahead of time?
It’s best to make the dough and cook immediately. However, you can mix the dry and wet ingredients separately and store them overnight, then combine and cook the next day.
Can I use a different type of sugar for the coating?
Yes, you can use granulated sugar, powdered sugar, or a mix of sugar and cinnamon for a different flavor profile.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
- Air Fryer Homemade Donuts
- Easy Air Fryer Homemade Donut Holes
- Air Fryer Powdered Sugar Donuts
- Air Fryer Apple Cider Donuts
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Easy Pumpkin Donuts
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4-5 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- Then add the milk sour cream, and eggs, mix well.
- The mixture will be light and fluffy
- Then add in the pumpkin, vanilla extract, and spices.
- Continue to mix, until it’s well blended.
- Spray the donut pan with olive oil spray.
- Fill the donut cavities with the batter.
- Set in the air fryer for 6 minutes at 320 degrees F.
- Let cool before making the icing.
- In a small bowl mix together the milk and powdered sugar, continue to mix until it’s the consistency of glue. If you need more sugar to add it, if you need more milk, add it, you want it to adhere to the donuts
- Spoon over donuts, and then let set.
- Air Fryer
- Donut Pan
- Cooking Spray