My youngest child Jason is an avid hockey player, he plays hockey at least 2 hours a day, followed by a strenuous workout. So, he is always craving protein, his favorite source of protein is steak.
Steak on the grill is amazing, but during the winter months, it’s not always possible to get to the grill, since we have snow to contend with. The air fryer solves this problem.
Seasoning of the steak is important since both the grill and the air fryer will seal in the flavor.
If your mouth waters as you hear the menu selection of steak, you are not alone my son Jason, will drool over a nice steak, drenched with sauce. My son’s favorite meal is steak, with a side of mashed potatoes and a vegetable.
Here are tips for air frying steaks:
1. Choose the right cut of meat- Filet Mignon, Ribeyes, Strip Steaks, Top Sirloin, Porterhouse, and T-Bone are all great for the air fryer. They all have a great fat and meat ratio for the grill or air fryer.
2. Choose the right quality of meat-Purchase a good quality of meat, from a butcher or from the supermarket. They grade meat on marbling and the connective tissues. Marbling should be shown throughout the meat with white-colored fat (marbling) I always look for a thin coat of marble throughout the meat for the air fryer or Instant Pot, since it will melt and give a nice flavor to the meat, without it being greasy.
3. Season-Salt your meat before you place your meat in the air fryer. I let my meat sit on the counter for about 15 minutes and salt it before air frying.
4. Room Temperature (Before You Cook)-Take your meat from the refrigerator and let it rest on the counter for about 15 to 30 minutes, before cooking. Steak at room temperature absorbs the seasonings better. It also helps the fibers in the meat loosen, which will produce a tender cut of meat. Room temperature steaks (meat) also cook faster than cold steak (meats) seasonings better.
5. Let Your Cooked Steak (Meat) Rest Again-After cooking let your meat rest, just about 5 minutes. It helps to let the juices flow to the center of the steak so that when you cut the steak, all of the juices will not flow out. This will give you a better piece of meat for dinner or lunch.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Omni, Air Fryer
Don’t Forget To Pin—
This is a really easy grilled marinated Flank steak, that is also KETO friendly. My kids love it because it's just really good, and Flank steak is a great steak for marinating.
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients.
Then place in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
Preheat your air fryer, by setting the temperature to 400 degrees F, for 5 minutes. Then Place the steak on the hot basket or tray.
Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes check the internal temperature, with a meat thermometer.
Rare 120-130 °F
Medium Rare 130-135 °F
Medium 135-145 °F
Well, 145-155 °F
Well Done 155-165 °F
Plate, serve and enjoy!