Every day, that I make new recipes, they become my new favorites, so I guess, I will just keep on cooking.
As most of you know, I am raised in a real Italian family, where homemade gravy (we don’t call it sauce) was on the stove every Sunday, with all of the meats, lamb, beef, chicken, pork, and even some fish. It would simmer for hours, upon hours and my mother would make a traditional Sunday meal and on Monday through about Wednesday, we would use the sauce for something else, usually all of the classic Italian dishes, including Eggplant Parmesan.
So, today with my air fryer, I am presenting to you my version of Eggplant Parmesan. If you are just looking for air frying the eggplant slices, you can use this recipe for that too, just don’t add the gravy or shredded cheese. It’s so easy and much healthier than pan-frying the eggplant. Since, you don’t use all of the oil, used in traditional eggplant parmesan. Next week, I am going to try this with frozen eggplant slices, that I purchased from Trader Joe’s since they are a real time saver. I will post that recipe, once I have done it.
If you are looking for other traditional Italian Recipes, here are mine:
Don’t Forget to Pin—
Air Fryer, Homemade Eggplant Parmesan
This is a very easy recipe, which is a take on the traditional fried eggplant served in most Italian households.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course, Vegetable
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 eggplant
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup gravy/sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Peel the eggplant and then cut the eggplant into about 1/2 inch slices.
- Then lay out the eggplant slices on a flat surface, sprinkle the salt on top of the eggplant slices, leave for about 10 minutes and then flip and do the same thing on the other side. This will draw the liquid out of the eggplant, so it’s not soggy after you finish cooking it.
- Then in one bowl, place the bread crumbs and in another bowl mix together the egg and milk (beat well)
- Then dredge the eggplant into the egg/milk mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture. As you coat them, place them either in the air fryer basket or tray.
- Once your basket or tray is full set the tray/basket in and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 7 minutes, after 5 minutes flip (and air fry for about 2 minutes more)
- Then spoon the sauce/gravy over the top,
- Sprinkle with some shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place back in the air fryer and air fry, just until the cheese is melted.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: keto air fryer eggplant parmesan best air fried eggplant air fryer eggplant keto air fryer eggplant cutlets air fryer eggplant fries recipe air fryer breaded eggplant how do you cook eggplant in an air fryer air fryer eggplant parm skinnytaste