My mother was a great baker, she always baked muffins or another breakfast item on Sunday nights, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was awesome in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on most mornings, so today, I am making homemade Pumpkin Pie Egg Rolls for their breakfast or dessert, today.
- 1 package of egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
- Layout your egg roll wrapper on a flat surface, and then place a tablespoon of pumpkin pie filling in the center of the egg roll wrapper.
- Use a pastry brush and brush water on the sides of the egg roll wrapper, and then roll it out.
- Fold the sides in, as if you are gifting wrapping a package. and then brush water on the end seams to seal it up.
- As you make the egg rolls, place them onto a greased air fryer tray or in a greased air fryer basket. Spray the tops with olive oil. (This will help get you the nice golden color)
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar and ground cinnamon. Mix well, then sprinkle over the egg rolls.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: pumpkin cheesecake egg rolls dessert egg rolls apple pie egg rolls pumpkin spring rolls pumpkin pie lumpia squash egg roll egg roll wrappers halloween egg rolls