These are so easy and so fast, my two favorite things. They have an amazing zest taste to them, My kids loved eating them and they would make for great party food or Holiday food.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 egg yolks (only yolks)
Additional: Whipped Cream, lime slices
- Start by making the crust, in a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt and then cut in the butter, until well blended. Add the egg yolk, cream, and vanilla extract. Mix well. until everything is well combined.
- Place in the refrigerator for about an hour and a half.
- Then roll out your dough, about 1/5 inch thick. Place the tart dough into the pan, you are using.
- Place the tart dough into the air fryer for 6 minutes at 320 degrees F, check and see if it’s browned. If not add a few minutes. The exact time will depend on your air fryer, and what tart pan you are using.
- Let cool slightly, before filling.
- To Make the filling:
- In a small mixing bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, zest, powdered sugar, egg yolks.
- Mix well, until all of the eggs are blended in.
- Then fill the tart with the filling.
- As you fill the tarts place them in your air fryer tray or basket.
- Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 5 minutes.
- Let them cool about 10 minutes, before adding whipped cream, and/or lime slices.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!