Air Fryer Homemade Apple Muffins For Two makes for an amazing breakfast. There is nothing better than a homemade muffin with a homemade crumb topping.
Although I am so not a fan of waking up early to make it, I love a great breakfast, so the air fryer becomes my perfect breakfast mate.
Today, I made a single batch of Homemade Apple Muffins and depending on what size ramekins or mugs you use, it will either make 1 or 2 servings.
What Are Apple Muffins?
Apple muffins are traditional muffins, but there are diced apples in the batter. There is nothing like a batch of fresh apple muffins with a homemade topping.
They are so good! If you went apple picking and are looking to use the bounty, this is a perfect recipe for you!
Seasoned with ground cinnamon, you get all of the flavors of apple pie in this little muffin!
Perfect & delicious!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Homemade Apple Muffins For Two
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Brown Sugar
- Egg Yolk
- Heavy Cream
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Homemade Apple Muffins For Two
Mix the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Add the egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, and heavy cream, and mix well. Add in the diced apples, and mix well.
Spray your ramekins or another air fryer safe (remember air fryer safe is generally oven safe) with olive oil spray. Scoop your batter into the greased ramekin.
Then make your topping in a small bowl, and mix the flour, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and sugar. Sprinkle on top. Then set the ramekins into the air fryer for 12-14 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Some Pro Tips:
- You can reduce the sugar if you want to make them a bit healthier. To do that, either use stevia or another sugar substitute.
- Depending on the size of the ramekin, this will either make 1 or 2 muffins.
- You can easily change the topping off for a simple cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Do not overcook them. To check if they are fully done, stick a toothpick into the center of the muffin. When it comes out clean, remove it from the air fryer.
- You could change it out for any fresh fruit, and the recipe will remain the same.
How To Store Air Fryer Homemade Apple Muffins For Two
If you have any muffins left over, wrap them in saran wrap and leave them on the counter, where they will last for 1 to 2 days before trying out.
These taste amazingly fresh, so I would highly recommend that you make them the same day you want to eat them.
How To Freeze Air Fryer Homemade Apple Muffins For Two
These make a great make-ahead breakfast option or even a quick dessert. To freeze, wrap them in saran wrap and then in aluminum foil. Then place them into a freezer bag. They will last for about 1 to 2 months.
To use, remove them from the freezer, and then place them on the counter or into the refrigerator until thawed.
You can reheat them in the Air Fryer or in the microwave heat until warmed.
What Types Of Apples Can I Use?
I usually use whatever firm apples, I have on hand, especially after the kids go apple-picking. There are several types of apples that will work for this recipe, some of my favorites are:
What Muffin Tins Can I Use In The Air Fryer?
While you can use any muffin tin in the air fryer, today I used ramekins, which really work well in any baked good.
I would highly recommend that you invest in a mini muffin tin made for the air fryer, which you will end up using in hundreds of recipes.
One of my favorites is: (affiliate link included)
Air Fryer Homemade Apple Muffins For Two
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, (omit if using salted butter)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apples, diced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- Add the egg, melted butter, vanilla extract, and heavy cream, and mix well.
- Add in the diced apples, and mix well.
- Spray your ramekins or another air fryer safe (remember air fryer safe is generally oven safe) with olive oil spray. Scoop your batter into the greased ramekin.
- Then make your topping in a small bowl, and mix the flour, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and sugar. Sprinkle on top. Then set the ramekins into the air fryer for 12-14 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Ramekins, or Oven-Safe Mug
- Cooking Spray
Don’t Forget To Pin-