This is such an easy recipe. Today, I used fresh apples and ground cinnamon, and it made the entire kitchen smell amazing—nothing like puff pastry in the air fryer.
- 1 cup peeled, and diced apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- egg yolk whisked
- Sparkling Sugar
- Start by peeling and dicing the apples.
- In a small bowl, mix the diced apples, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry dough to close any seams.
- Cut the sheet into 4 squares. Then add about a tablespoon of filling in the center. Fold the dough over, make a triangle, and then use your fingers or a fork to seal the edges.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk with a fork.
- Brush the turnover with the egg yolk, and then sprinkle some sparkling sugar on top. Set the air fryer for 350 degrees F, for 6-9 minutes, until golden brown.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Easy Apple Turnovers