Air Fryer Creme Brulee — If you love creme brûlée but worry about the fat and calories, it’s time to invest in an air fryer. These appliances are perfect for cooking low-fat foods like creme brulee because they work by circulating hot air around food with a small amount of oil. This reduces the need for oil while still creating crispy dishes that taste amazing! Here is how to make one of our favorite desserts using an air fryer: Air Fryer Creme Brulee.
Air Fryer Creme Brulee is an amazing dessert, just in time for the fall, it’s a creamy and comforting food, and it’s so good. And, of course, it’s cooked up perfectly in the Air Fryer.
If you have never made Creme Brulee before, it’s a relatively simple dessert to cook up. And with the air fryer, we are making individual portions in ramekins.
I love a great and quick dessert, but it also has to be easy, and this Air Fryer Creme Brulee hits the mark on all of those! Easy and delicious!
There is nothing better than baking in your air fryer, and with ramekins and some special Air Fryer Pans, you can really make and cook anything!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Baked Goods Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER NUTELLA CROISSANTS, AIR FRYER CHERRY CHIMICHANGAS, APPLE PIE CINNAMON ROLL CUPS, and AIR FRYER RASPBERRY WONTONS.
What Is Creme Brulee?
Creme Brulee is a traditional French dessert, which reminds me of a simple baked pudding. It has a custard-like consistency and on top is a caramelized layer of granulated sugar.
It is a lot like the Mexican Dish, Flan.
Since it’s usually baked in ramekins, this lent its way to air frying. The caramelized sugar did very well in the air fryer. You can traditionally serve it as is or with a serving of fruit.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Creme Brulee
- Heavy Cream
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Egg Yolks
- Granulated Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Creme Brulee
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting. In a saucepan over medium heat, add the cream, vanilla, and salt. Cook until the cream reaches a simmer and remove from the heat.
Whisk together the eggs and sugar until combined. Temper the eggs by slowly pouring 1/2 cup of the warm cream mixture into the eggs while whisking constantly.
Pour the tempered egg mixture into the remaining cream mixture, constantly whisking to prevent any clumps from the eggs. Divide the mixture into the ramekins.
Bake in your air fryer for 25 minutes or until the filling is cooked through. You may have to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer basket. Remove and allow to cool completely.
To create the caramelized crust, evenly sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops of the creme brulees. Use a small kitchen blow torch to caramelize the sugar, or place the ramekins under your oven broiler for several minutes. Top with some fresh berries and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tips for Making the Best Crème Brûlée
Tempering The Eggs:
One of the most important things to remember when making this recipe is that the eggs need room temperature. If you do not have room-temperature eggs, you will end up getting scrambled eggs.
The technique is actually called tempering the eggs. This means that you slowly add the eggs to the hot liquid. This will prevent curdling and scrambled eggs.
Preparing The Ramekins:
To get a great Air Fryer Creme Brulee, you will need to prepare your ramekins properly. It will not matter what size you use, and they will both cook up the same.
Some hints for preparing the ramekins are:
- Spray them generously with cooking spray.
- Only add a few ramekins, you really want the hot air to be able to get in between the ramekins, for them to bake up perfectly.
- Check on them frequently, some air fryers will cook them up faster than other air fryers. It will be de on where your heating element is in the air fryer. I have made these several times in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, GoWise, and other air fryer baskets and models.
Brûléeing the Top
While the traditional method call for using a blow torch, today, I used the heating element on top of the air fryer. Which worked like a charm.
Add enough sugar to make it a single layer. Then frequently check on the Air Fryer Creme Brulee to make sure they do not go from caramelized to burnt. I usually stand near the air fryer to make sure my Creme Brulee is perfect.
Serve with an additional sprinkle of sugar or my favorite sparkling sugar right before serving.
When Is Custard Done Baking?
The hardest thing to check for is a perfectly cooked custard.
My advice to you is to press the middle of the custard. If it feels solid and bounces after you touch it, it’s fully cooked.
The other trick is to use a spoon, take a spoon full out, and see if it’s cooked. Once it’s fully cooked, you can add your topping.
The Perfect Dishes For Baking In The Air Fryer
While you may have some great dishes in your pantry or cupboards, some of my favorite ways to bake in the air fryer are with ramekins.
If you do not have a set, infest in a great set, and the options will be limitless. Some of my favorites are: (affiliate link included)
Some Other Great Air Fryer Desserts:
- AIR FRYER S’MORES BANANA BOATS
- AIR FRYER NUTELLA CROISSANTS
- EASY AIR FRYER APPLE PIE BOMBS
- AIR FRYER EASTER BASKET COOKIE CUPS
- AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER BANANA EGG ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER CHERRY CHIMICHANGAS
- AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY POP-TARTS
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON ROLLS
- 1 ⅔ cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 egg yolks, room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
For the top crust:
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the cream, vanilla, and salt. Cook until the cream reaches a simmer and remove from the heat.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar until combined. Temper the eggs by slowly pouring 1/2 cup of the warm cream mixture into the eggs while whisking constantly.
- Pour the tempered egg mixture into the remaining cream mixture, constantly whisking to prevent any clumps from the eggs. Divide the mixture into the ramekins.
- Bake in your air fryer for 25 minutes or until the filling is cooked through. You may have to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer basket. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- To create the caramelized crust, evenly sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops of the creme brulees. Use a small kitchen blow torch to caramelize the sugar, or place the ramekins under your oven broiler for several minutes.
- Top with some fresh berries and serve immediately.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Creme brulee can be stored for up to 2-4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 297mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.