My mother was a great baker, she always baked muffins on Sunday, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was awesome in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on Mondays, so I made muffins, on Sunday night, just like my mom and they always grab them on Monday mornings. I guess traditions are important. So, if you are having trouble with breakfast, try this one, and let me know how they work for you.
I love eating muffins all year round; they are perfect on the go-to breakfast. I always make a huge batch on Sunday, so my husband can bring them to work during the week. These are my favorite muffins, I have been eating them since I was a little girl. I’m not sure where the recipe came from, but they are amazing! My kids also love them, because they are nice and fruity, who doesn’t love chocolate.
Here are other muffin recipes.
here are some common questions that come across in our air fryer group, and I wanted to take a few minutes and address them.
Can Silicone Molds Be Used in the Air Fryer?
Yes, anything that is ovenproof, can be used in the air fryer. It can be glass, ceramic, metal or silicone. I have had success with silicone molds, metal disposable cupcake molds and really good success with silicone molds.
Here are some suggestions:
This is my favorite, each purchase comes with 2, and I bought 2, so I could always have my muffin batter in a pan. Love it!
Can You Bake in the Air Fryer?
Yes, absolutely. Although all of the temperatures and times will need to be adjusted. Prepare the pans, as you would normally, spray with non-stick cooking spray. You will also have to adjust the recipes so that you only fill the air fryer sized pans (Sometimes, cake mix and brownie mix, prepared will need to be split between two pans) With muffins it doesn’t matter that much.
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Because now that you are using your air fryer. Sometimes, you really just want a single muffin, I have scaled it back, my famous recipe, so that now you get only one cranberry, but it still tastes fabulous.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup cranberry (either fresh or frozen)
Optional: Sparkling sugar, which I love for all my muffins, they give it a real bakery quality
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in the melted butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract and milk.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Either spray a muffin tin (see my recommend one above or line the muffin tin with cupcake liners)
- Pour your batter into the muffin/cupcake holder.
- Set in the air fryer for 7 minutes at 330 degrees F (air fryer setting)
- Check to make sure the muffin is fully cooked, before you remove it, depending on the air fryer you own you may need an additional minute or two.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: muffin cups for air fryer muffin pan for air fryer air fryer silicone muffin cups air fryer chocolate chip muffins cupcake in air fryer can you use paper muffin cups in an air fryer air fryer chocolate cupcakes can i use silicone cups in air fryer