Air Fryer Legoland Apple Fries — Have you ever had Legoland apple fries? If not, you’re missing out!
These delicious treats are made with fresh apples and coated with cinnamon sugar, and they’re perfect for a fall snack. Plus, they’re so easy to make that anyone can do it. Ready to try them for yourself?
And, of course, this recipe is perfect for the air fryer; pretty soon, you will have a great batch in minutes!
What Are Legoland Apple Fries
Legoland apple fries are a popular snack option at the park. These Granny smith Apple Fries have been seasoned with cinnamon and sugar, giving them a distinct flavor that’s perfect for a tasty treat while you’re exploring the amusement park.
There are several ways to make these apple fries at home. You can bake them in the oven, fry them in a skillet, or even make them on the air fryer.
However you choose to make your own Legoland apple fries, they will surely be a hit at any party or gathering. They’re also ideal for snacking while watching your favorite movie or enjoying a quiet night at home.
Ingredients Needed For Legoland Copycat Air Fryer Apple Fries
You’ll love this recipe as much as I do if you love air fryer apple fries. The best part is that it only requires a few simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Apple: These are traditionally prepared at Legoland with Granny Smith Apples, but any tart apple will work.
- Flour: Use regular all-purpose flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Eggs: Room temperature, large eggs
- Spices and Seasonings: Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Apple Pie Spice, and Granulated Sugar.
How To Make Legoland Apple Fries In Air Fryer
Legoland apple fries are a fun and delicious snack that kids will love. Air frying them is a great way to enjoy this treat without all the fat and calories associated with deep-frying! This post will give you step-by-step instructions on how to make these tasty morsels—from preparing the ingredients to air frying and creating an irresistible topping.
By following these directions, you’ll be able to whip up Legoland apple fries in your air fryer for guilt-free snacking that everyone in your family can enjoy!
Step One: Prepare The Dredging Stations
Whisk together the flour and apple pie spice in a large bowl. Beat the eggs and the vanilla extract together. Set aside.
Step Two: Dredge The Apple Fries
Add the apple slices to the flour mixture and toss to coat. Dust off the extra flour. Dip each apple slice in the egg mixture. And toss in the flour again to coat evenly.
Step Three: Air Fry Legoland Apple Fries
Layer in the air fryer basket and spray with the butter cooking spray. Air fry at 380 degrees for 12 minutes. Open the basket and flip the apple slices halfway through the cooking time.
Step Four: Coating
In a bowl, whisk together the sugar and cinnamon. Toss the apples in the cinnamon sugar and shake off the excess.
Pro Tips For Making Legoland Apple Fries In Air Fryer
- Choose the Right Apples: Opt for firm and crisp apples suitable for frying. Granny Smith apples are a popular choice due to their tartness and ability to hold their shape when cooked. However, you can experiment with other varieties like Honeycrisp or Fuji for different flavors.
- Slice Apples Thinly and Evenly: To ensure even cooking, slice the apples into thin, uniform sticks. Aim for around 1/4 inch thick slices. This will help them cook evenly and achieve a crispy texture.
- Coat the Apple Fries Properly: Toss the apple sticks in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar to coat them evenly. This adds a delicious sweet and spicy flavor to the fries. Alternatively, you can experiment with other coatings like pumpkin spice or nutmeg.
- Lightly Grease the Air Fryer Basket: To prevent the apple fries from sticking to the basket, lightly grease it with cooking spray or brush it with a small amount of melted butter or oil. This will help them crisp up without sticking.
- Arrange Fries in a Single Layer: Place the coated apple fries in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they are not overlapping. This allows for proper air circulation and even cooking. If necessary, cook them in batches to avoid overcrowding.
- Shake or Flip: About halfway through the cooking time, shake the air fryer basket or flip the apple fries to ensure they cook evenly on all sides. This will help achieve a uniform golden color and crispy texture.
- Monitor Cooking Time: Keep a close eye on the apple fries as they cook. Air fryers can vary in temperature and cooking time, so it’s essential to monitor them to prevent overcooking or burning. Adjust the cooking time as needed based on your specific air fryer and the desired level of crispness.
- Serve Immediately: Apple fries are best enjoyed when fresh and warm. Serve them immediately after cooking to retain their crispy texture. They can be enjoyed independently or paired with caramel sauce, whipped cream, or even a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Have Fun with Dipping Sauces: Get creative with dipping sauces to accompany your apple fries. Consider options like caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, honey, or even a cinnamon-infused yogurt dip. Experiment with different flavors to find your favorite combination.
Frequently Asked Questions About Making Apple Fries In Air Fryer
Can I use any type of apple for making apple fries?
While Granny Smith apples are commonly used for their tartness and ability to hold their shape, you can use other apple varieties as well. Honeycrisp, Fuji, or even Gala apples can work, but remember that the texture and sweetness may vary.
Can I make apple fries ahead of time and reheat them in the air fryer?
Apple fries are best enjoyed fresh for optimal texture and flavor. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, place them in the air fryer for a few minutes until they regain their crispiness.
How do I prevent the apple fries from browning?
Browning of apples is a natural process due to oxidation. To minimize browning, you can soak the sliced apple fries in a bowl of water with a bit of lemon juice for a few minutes before coating them in cinnamon and sugar. The acid in the lemon juice helps slow down the browning process.
Can I use gluten-free or vegan coatings for apple fries?
Yes, you can customize the coating for apple fries based on your dietary preferences. You can use gluten-free flour or cornstarch instead of all-purpose flour in the coating mixture for gluten-free options. Consider using plant-based milk and a vegan sugar substitute or omitting the sugar altogether for vegan options.
Can I freeze apple fries?
Apple fries are best enjoyed fresh and may lose their crispness when frozen and reheated. Consuming them immediately after cooking is recommended for the best taste and texture.
What should I serve with apple fries?
Apple fries are delicious, but you can pair them with dipping sauces or toppings. Caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, or a dusting of powdered sugar are popular choices. You can also serve them with a side of vanilla ice cream for a delightful dessert.
Can I make apple fries in batches?
You can make apple fries in batches if your air fryer has limited space. Just ensure you arrange them in a single layer without overcrowding the air fryer basket. This allows for proper air circulation and ensures even cooking.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Legoland Apple Fries — Have you ever had Legoland apple fries? If not, you're missing out!
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons apple pie spice
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Beat the eggs and the vanilla extract together. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and the apple pie spice
Add the apple slices to the flour mixture and toss to coat-dust off the extra flour.
Dip each apple slice in the egg mixture. And toss in the flour again to coat evenly.
Layer in the air fryer basket and spray with the butter cooking spray
Air fry at 380 degrees for 12 minutes. Open the basket and flip the apple slices halfway through the cooking time
In a bowl whisk together the sugar and cinnamon. Toss the apples in the cinnamon sugar and shake off the excess
- It’s easier to coat the apples with the cinnamon sugar while the apples are still warm.
- Make sure to evenly coat the apples with butter cooking spray to get a bright golden brown color.
Leave a Reply