Air Fryer Copycat Kneaders French Toast Recipe — You’ll love this air fryer copycat recipe if you’re a fan of Kneaders Bakery & Café’s mouthwatering French toast.
With the help of your air fryer, you can recreate that deliciously golden and fluffy French toast at home. Get ready to indulge in a breakfast treat that impresses your family and friends. Let’s dive into the steps to create this irresistible Air Fryer Copycat Kneaders French Toast.
What Is Kneader’s French Toast?
Kneaders French Toast is a popular breakfast item served at Kneaders Bakery & Café, a chain of artisanal bakeries and cafes. Kneaders French Toast is known for its thick and fluffy texture, golden brown exterior, and delightful flavor.
The French toast at Kneaders is typically made using thick-cut slices of bread, often brioche or challah. The bread is soaked in an egg mixture, usually flavored with vanilla extract and a hint of cinnamon. This gives the French toast a rich and aromatic taste.
Once the bread is soaked, it is cooked on a griddle until it becomes golden and crispy on the outside while remaining soft and fluffy on the inside. The result is a decadent breakfast treat that is often served with a dusting of powdered sugar, a dollop of butter, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Kneaders French Toast has gained a reputation for its indulgent flavor and satisfying texture. It is a beloved item on the menu, enticing customers with its homemade feel and delightful taste. Whether enjoyed as a special breakfast treat or as part of a brunch spread, Kneaders French Toast will surely please French toast enthusiasts.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Copycat Kneaders French Toast Recipe
If you’re a fan of Kneaders Bakery, chances are that you’ll recognize the flavors and texture of their classic French Toast. But why make the trip to the bakery when you can recreate this beloved breakfast staple right at home with an air fryer?
To start cooking up your very own Air Fryer Copycat Kneaders French Toast recipe, you only need a few basic ingredients, the perfect air fryer breakfast recipe…
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom fo the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Bread: Use French Bread or thick bread
- Eggs: Use large, room-temperature eggs
- Milk: You can use almond milk, coconut milk, oat milk, or a lactose-free milk alternative.
- Butter: Unsalted butter is best for this recipe.
- Seasonings and Spices: Brown Sugar, Kosher Salt, and Pure Vanilla Extract
- Serving: Serve with homemade caramel syrup, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, and corn syrup.
How To Make Kneaders French Toast In Air Fryer
Are you looking for a new and delicious breakfast idea? Look no further! Kneaders French Toast is an incredibly flavorful dish that is easy to make in your air fryer; it’s the perfect way to start off your day with something special.
Whether you’re making it for yourself or bringing this recipe to a brunch potluck, everyone will find something they love about this classic dish made with air-fried goodness. Read on for step-by-step instructions on how to make the best Kneaders French Toast in your air fryer.
Step One: Prepare the Egg Mixture
Start by slicing your bread into 2-inch slices. Add the eggs, milk, brown sugar, kosher salt, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
Step Two: Dip the Bread Slices
Then dip your bread into the egg mixture; as you coat it, place it into a greased air fryer basket or parchment-lined air fryer.
Step Three: Add The French Toast Slices To Air Fryer Basket
Grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray, or line the bottom of the air fryer basket with parchment paper, to prevent sticking. Arrange the dipped bread slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket without overlapping. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the French toast in batches.
Step Four: Air Fry
Set the air fryer cooking temperature to 330 degrees F, and set the cooking time for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Flip the slices halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning on both sides.
Step Five: Prepare the Caramel Sauce
While cooking French toast, add the brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, and corn syrup in a small saucepan, and mix well. Simmer over medium heat, and mix until smooth; remove and let cool for a few minutes.
Step Six: Serving
To serve, drizzle the caramel syrup over the French toast., and serve with freshly sliced fruit.
Pro Tips For Cooking Copycat Kneaders French Toast In Air Fryer
Here are some pro tips to help you achieve the best results when cooking copycat Kneaders French Toast in an air fryer:
- Use Thick-Cut Bread: Opt for thick-cut bread slices like brioche or challah. The thicker slices will absorb the egg mixture without becoming too soggy, resulting in a more substantial and satisfying French toast.
- Let the Bread Soak: After dipping the bread slices in the egg mixture, allow them to soak for a few seconds on each side. This allows the bread to absorb flavor and moisture, producing a flavorful and moist French toast.
- Grease the Air Fryer Basket: Grease the air fryer basket with butter or cooking spray before placing the dipped bread slices. This helps prevent sticking and promotes a golden brown crust.
- Flip the French Toast: Halfway through the cooking time, carefully flip the French toast slices to ensure even browning on both sides. This helps achieve a uniform and crispy texture.
- Cook in Batches: Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket to allow proper air circulation and even cooking. Cook the French toast in batches if needed.
- Keep an Eye on the Toast: Monitor the cooking process closely, as the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the bread and the specific air fryer model. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to prevent overcooking or burning.
- Serve Immediately: French toast is best enjoyed immediately after cooking to maintain its crispy texture and warmth. Serve with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or a dusting of powdered sugar.
By following these pro tips, you can recreate the delicious copycat Kneaders French Toast in your air fryer, achieving a perfect balance of flavors and textures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use regular bread instead of thick-cut bread for the air fryer copycat Kneaders French Toast?
While thick-cut bread is recommended for a more substantial and satisfying French toast, you can use regular bread if that’s what you have on hand. Remember that the bread’s texture and thickness may affect the final result.
Can I use a different type of milk in the egg mixture?
Yes, you can use different types of milk, such as almond milk, soy milk, or skim milk, if you prefer. However, using whole milk will yield a richer and creamier French toast.
Can I add additional spices or flavors to the egg mixture?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with additional spices such as nutmeg or cardamom, or add a dash of flavored extracts like almond or coconut for extra flavor. Adjust the quantities based on your personal preferences.
Can I make the egg mixture ahead of time?
It’s best to make the egg mixture fresh for optimal results. However, you can prepare the mixture the night before and refrigerate it until you’re ready to dip the bread slices. Just give it a quick whisk before using it.
Can I freeze or refrigerate any leftover cooked French toast?
Cooked French toast is best enjoyed fresh. However, if you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat them in the air fryer or toaster oven for a few minutes to regain the desired texture.
Can I double or halve the recipe?
Yes, you can adjust the quantities of the ingredients to accommodate your needs. Double or halve the recipe while maintaining the ratio of ingredients for best results.
Can I use a different type of sweetener instead of granulated sugar?
You can use alternative sweeteners like honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar. Adjust the amount based on your desired level of sweetness.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER TGIF FRIDAY’S GREEN BEAN FRIES
- AIR FRYER STEAK FRIES
- EASY AIR FRYER MACARONI AND CHEESE BALLS
- THE BEST AND EASIEST AIR FRYER FRENCH FRIES RECIPE
Air Fryer Copycat Kneaders French Toast
Kneader's French Toast:
- 1 loaf French bread
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
Homemade Caramel Syrup:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup corn syrup
- Start by slicing your bread into 2-inch slices. Add the eggs, milk, brown sugar, kosher salt, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Then dip your bread into the egg mixture; as you coat it, place it into a greased air fryer basket or parchment-lined air fryer.
- Grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray, or line the bottom of the air fryer basket with parchment paper, to prevent sticking. Arrange the dipped bread slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket without overlapping. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the French toast in batches.
- Set the air fryer cooking temperature to 330 degrees F, and set the cooking time for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Flip the slices halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning on both sides.
- While cooking French toast, add the brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, and corn syrup in a small saucepan, and mix well. Simmer over medium heat, and mix until smooth; remove and let cool for a few minutes.
- To serve, drizzle the caramel syrup over the French toast., and serve with freshly sliced fruit.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, Cooking Spray