Oh, I miss going to the drive-thru and getting Burger King French toast sticks! They were so sweet and delicious. There’s nothing quite like satisfying that craving for something sugary without breaking your diet – or spending a ton of money on fast food. But what if I told you there was a way to make Burger King French toast sticks right in your home using an air fryer? Yup, it can be done!
Not only is this copycat recipe easy to make with simple ingredients, but air frying keeps it light and nutritious while providing classic fast food flavors. So put down the takeout menu, and let’s get cooking because these BK French Toast Sticks won’t disappoint!
What Are Burger King French Toast Sticks
If you’re a fan of Burger King and breakfast treats, chances are you’ve heard of their French Toast Sticks. But do you know what they are? No doubt these crispy, golden-brown strips have been popping up all over the internet lately, and we’ll tell you why. Whether stale bread or crunchy morsels covered in sugar and cinnamon that seem to melt in your mouth — French Toast Sticks make an irresistible snack! With such tasty possibilities, let’s dive into the world of Burger King French Toast Sticks: today, I’ll show you how to cook them in your air fryer!
Why Cook BK French Toast Sticks In Air Fryer
When you think of French Toast Sticks, chances are the BK variety pops into your head first. They have a delicious taste and texture that practically melt in your mouth. And while these tasty treats may be hard to resist, they don’t always fit our cooking style or schedule. But what if we told you it’s possible to make them healthier AND easier? Enter: Air Fryer Cooked BK French Toast Sticks! This method allows you to achieve all the flavor with less oil and requires no pre-frying – allowing for quick and effortless breakfast pleasure. So read on as we discuss why air frying is the way to make BK French Toast Sticks!
Ingredients Needed For Copycat Burger King French Toast Sticks Air Fryer
We’ve got the perfect recipe if you love Burger King French Toast Sticks. Our Copycat Burger King French Toast Sticks Air Fryer recipe is a delicious twist on an already classic breakfast item. This air fryer version of the French toast sticks is unbelievably tasty, but they’re also way more convenient than driving up to your local Burger King!
- Bread: Use Texas Toast or thick sandwich bread
- Egg: Use large, room-temperature eggs
- Milk: Whole milk, almond milk, coconut milk, or a dairy-free alternative
- Sugar: You can use granulated sugar or a sugar substitute
- Flour: All-Purpose flour; for a gluten-free option, use gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Seasonings: Kosher Salt, Vanilla Extract, Butter (Unsalted).
How To Cook BK French Toast Sticks In Air Fryer
Step One: Prepare the French Toast Batter
In a large bowl, add the eggs and milk, and using a hand mixer, mix on high, then fold in the granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and kosher salt. Slowly add in the flour.
Step Two: Cutting Your Bread
Use a sharp knife to remove the crust from your bread. Then slice the bread slice into 4 equal pieces. Continue with the rest of the bread.
Step Three: Soak Your Bread
Add your bread to the large mixing bowl with the French Toast Batter, and allow the bread to sit in the mixture for about 1-2 minutes.
Step Four: Prepare Your Air Fryer
Line Your air fryer basket with parchment paper, then spray the parchment paper with cooking spray. Place your batter French toast sticks into the air fryer basket, leaving space around the french toast sticks. Set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F, and flip halfway during the cooking process. Remove when golden brown.
Depending on your air fryer basket size, you must cook the French toast sticks in batches.
Step Five: Serving
Serve with Maple Syrup, honey, or fresh fruit.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fried BK French Toast Sticks
With the help of an air fryer, you can make all kinds of delicious treats. One such treat is a BK French toast stick lightly coated in batter and air fried to crisp yet soft perfection.
Here are some pro tips for getting the best Copycat Burger King French Toast Sticks right from your air fryer:
- Place the French toast sticks in a single layer in the air fryer basket, and do not overcrowd them. This will ensure that they cook evenly.
- Since all air fryers are slightly different, you must watch the French Toast sticks as they cook up and remove them when golden brown.
- Season them well: Add some cinnamon and sugar to the batter for extra flavor. And a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top is always a nice touch!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How To Reheat French Toast Sticks In Air Fryer
Are you looking to enjoy your favorite French Toast Sticks differently? Look no further than the Air Fryer! Not only can you cook delicious treats with this appliance, but it’s also incredibly efficient – reducing cooking time and energy costs. Below, we will walk you through how to reheat French Toast Sticks in an air fryer, so they come out warm and crispy every time! Get ready for finger-licking goodness that might become your new favorite snack or breakfast go-to.
- Place your French toast sticks into the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 320 degrees F for extra flavor. Brush some melted butter over the French Toast Sticks.
- Air fry For 4-5 minutes or until they are warmed through.
What To Serve With French Toast
French toast is a delicious breakfast dish that can be served with almost any type of protein or fruit. The most popular way to serve it is with bacon, but you can also enjoy it with sausage links, crispy ham, grilled salmon, fresh berries, sliced bananas, or tangy lemon curd. No matter your preference, there’s a French toast recipe that will fit the bill!
How to Store Homemade French Toast
You can store french toast in the fridge for up to five days while freezing it will make it last up to three months. Make sure you thaw frozen french toast slices before reheating them in the microwave, air fryer, or stove.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY, SPINACH, RICOTTA & GOAT CHEESE FLATBREAD
- AIR FRYER DEVILED EGG PASTA SALAD
- NINJA FOODI GRILL BREAKFAST SAUSAGE
- AIR FRYER ASPARAGUS PUFF PASTRY BUNDLES
- AIR FRYER CAPRESE SANDWICHES
These French Toast Sticks are a delicious, healthier alternative to the fast food version that can be made in your own kitchen.
An air fryer can achieve that crispy outside without all the grease and calories. And who doesn’t love dipping their breakfast in maple syrup? Give these Air Fryer Copycat Burger King French Toast Sticks a try the next time you’re looking for a quick and tasty breakfast!
Air Fryer Copycat Burger King French Toast Sticks
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4-6 slices sandwich bread
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and milk, and using a hand mixer, mix on high, then fold in the granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and kosher salt. Slowly add in the flour.
- Use a sharp knife to remove the crust from your bread. Then slice the bread slice into 4 equal pieces. Continue with the rest of the bread.
- Add your bread to the large mixing bowl with the French Toast Batter, and allow the bread to sit in the mixture for about 1-2 minutes.
- Line Your air fryer basket with parchment paper, then spray the parchment paper with cooking spray. Place your batter French toast sticks into the air fryer basket, leaving space around the french toast sticks. Set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F, and flip halfway during the cooking process. Remove when golden brown.
- Serve with Maple Syrup, honey, or fresh fruit.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, or Parchment-Paper