Homemade Air Fryer Doughnut Holes are so good! If you have been looking for a great homemade donut recipe, this is one of my favorites!
These are the perfect snack, dessert, or even breakfast. They can be coated in either icing or cinnamon sugar. They make for an amazing treat the entire family will love!
So, my kids really love donut holes or Munchkins (growing up in Boston); they are so good! And with the air fryer, they bake up so good!
So, if you love bite-size donut holes this is the recipe for you!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Donut Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER GLAZED BISCUIT DONUTS, AIR FRYER EASY FUNFETTI CAKE MIX DONUTS, AIR FRYER FRUITY PEBBLES DONUTS, and AIR FRYER CINNAMON SUGAR DONUT MUFFINS.
Ingredients Needed For Homemade Air Fryer Doughnut Holes
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Ground Nutmeg
- All-Purpose Flour
- Vegetable Oil
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Homemade Air Fryer Doughnut Holes
In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg.
Add the butter, vegetable oil, eggs. vanilla and milk. Mix well.
Knead a few times, until the dough comes together. In a small bowl, add the sugar and ground cinnamon. Grease your donut pan and then roll your dough into a bowl, and then roll it into the topping, As you do this, place them in your donut pan.
Then add the pan to your air fryer set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 7 to 10 minutes.
When they come out of the air fryer, roll in powdered sugar.
SOME TIPS FOR MAKING HOMEMADE AIR FRYER DOUGHNUT HOLES:
- Check your donuts frequently as they cook up. Since every air fryer is slightly different, your time may be slightly different.
- This recipe can be cooked in the Ninja Foodi, GoWise, Nuwave, and other Air Fryer Basket or oven models.
- You can use any donut pan that fits in your air fryer.
- If you want the powdered sugar to really stick, coat them in melted butter first.
Today, I used a simple powdered sugar-coating, but there are a few others that are just as simple:
Combine 1/2 cup of granulated sugar and 1 treaspoon ground cinnamon, mix togheer. They roll your donuts into melted butter and then into the cinngamon sugar mixture.
Let cool slightly before serving.
Powdered Sugar Icing:
Combine 1 cup of powdered sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of milk in a bowl, mix, they dunk your donut holes into the mixture.
Let sit for a couple of minutes, before serving.
What Donut Pans Can You Use In The Air Fryer?
Today, I used this donut pan I found at Williams Sonoma. But there are several options that you can purchase as well:
If you do not have a pan, you can also roll them and place them into the air fryer, just space them out, so they don’t stick togheer.
Other Great Air Fryer Donut Recipes:
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE GLAZED DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON ROLL BITES
- EASY AIR FRYER RASPBERRY LEMON DONUTS
- FRUITY PEBBLES DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE FUDGE DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX DONUTS
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg,
- Add the butter.
- Add the vegetable oil, eggs: vanilla, and milk. Mix well.
- Knead a few times until the dough comes together.
- In a small bowl, add the sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Grease your donut pan, roll your dough into a bowl, and then roll it into the topping. As you do this, place them in your donut pan.
- Then add the pan to your air fryer set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- Roll in Powdered sugar.
- Plate, serve, and enjoY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 269Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 377mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 5g