Yummy! This was today’s breakfast, my kids were in heaven. What child wouldn’t love piping hot cinnamon chip scones with vanilla for breakfast? What is better they take such little time, and the kids all come into the kitchen every morning to see what type of treat, I have made. I guess this will be one of their traditions, when they are older and look back at their childhood. I guess there could be worse traditions.
Now, my oldest son has a Gluten Allergy, so while I am photographing the regular flour recipes, I do make him a couple in his own air fryer, that we designated for him.
My mother is a great baker, she always baked every evening, so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late. On most nights, I can remember her baking something special for the next morning and we would grab one of our walks to school each morning. This was great because my sister and I were always running late to school. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was a life-saver in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on all of the days of the week, we are always running late. My youngest son has a half an hour drive to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, as my husband drops him off. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
Everyone always asks me how I get an air fryer scone pan that fits into my basket, well here is my hack—
If you have the Omni Air Fryer, By Instant Pot or another large Air Fryer Oven, this is the pan, I already had from my days of using an oven, and it’s one of my favorite pieces, so of course, I pulled it out for this recipe,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, Cinnamon Sugar Scones
This is just pure heaven. The lovely taste of both cinnamon and sugar, which everyone loves. This is a light and airy scone, thanks to the air fryer.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup frozen butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Optional sparkling sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon chips, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Then mix in the butter, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Generously spray your scone pan (either one you are using) with olive oil.
- Fill the pan with the batter. Make sure to get the corners, press well.
- Then brush the butter over the scones, and sprinkle the sugar over the scones.
- Set the pan or the scone silicone molds into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 12 minutes. The exact time is used for a guide, the actual time will depend on the air fryer model and wattage you own. Make sure they are fully cooked before you pop them out.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!