Air Fryer Chicken Fritters — Don’t you just love chicken fritters? I know they are not the healthiest, but they taste so good! You can make them at home with this recipe for air fryer chicken fritters. They will come out crispy and golden brown like they were fried in oil, but without all of the fat. The best part is that these air fryer chicken fritters are easy to make too!
Air Fryer Chicken Fritters are a great and easy recipe made perfectly in the air fryer. Today, I added some shredded cheese and had a great plate of fritters, tender, juicy, and absolutely delicious.
My kids really loved these, and they made a quick lunch for my family. Today, I added some cheese to the mix, and they were fabulous. They really fried up well in the air fryer.
Served with a side of garlic aioli sauce, it was the perfect kid-friendly meal. So, whether you have frozen chicken fritters or cheesy chicken fritters, this is a great recipe for you and your loved ones.
What Is A Chicken Fritter?
If you are wondering what a chicken fritter is? When I first told my son, Jason, we are having fritters; he was quite disappointed to find out that lunch was not an air fryer apple fritter or air fryer cinnamon roll.
A chicken fritter is usually made with either ground chicken or diced-up chicken breasts. The ground chicken or diced chicken is usually combined with cheddar cheese, garlic, parsley, scallions, egg, flour, and some seasonings.
The best thing about this air fryer chicken fritter recipe is that it is versatile; you can make it gluten-free or KETO-Friendly by only changing a few things. So the entire family can enjoy these because trust me, they are quite tasty.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Fritters
With a few ingredients and preparation that only takes minutes, you can have this tasty treat on your table in minutes!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chicken Fritters
- Ground Chicken or Diced Chicken
- All-Purpose Flour
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil Spray
Here Is How To Cook Air Fryer Chicken Fritters
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the diced chicken or ground chicken, eggs, mayonnaise, flour, shredded mozzarella, dill, salt, and black pepper.
- Mix well, and then form patties.
- As you make the chicken patties, place them on a greased baking sheet. When done forming the patties, place the tray into the refrigerator.
- Let them chill for about 2 hours.
- Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil spray.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for about 5 minutes.
- Then place the patties into the basket, spray the tops with olive oil spray, and air fry for 10 minutes. Flip the patties, and respray halfway.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Tips For Air Frying Chicken Fritters
- The most important thing for a great air fryer chicken fritter is that they stick together. You really need to pat them down, so they stick together. If you find that you need either more eggs or flour, add them. The most important thing in making these is to make sure they stick together. Otherwise, they will fall apart in the air fryer.
- Spray them with olive oil: For items with a bread, coating to brown up and eventually crisp up, spray them VERY GENEROUSLY with olive oil. And when you flip, you respray them.
- Preheat your air fryer. The chicken fritter will get the sear when you first add it to the hot air fryer basket or tray. Be careful when you add it, so you don’t end up with a burn mark on your wrist or arm.
- Do not crowd the basket. This is one of the most common errors people make when cooking with an air fryer. If you want the entire batch to cook correctly, you need to spread the chicken fritters around the basket, and leave room in between so that the hot air can heat in between the foods.
What Sauces Can You Serve With Chicken Fritters
The most popular sauce choice is garlic aioli, but there are a number of sauces that you can serve these with. (affiliate links included)
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Fritters Gluten-Free
If you want to make these gluten-free, you only have to change out a few ingredients, the all-purpose flour can easily be changed out for gluten-free flour.
My favorite gluten-free flour that I usually use for my son is (affiliate link) King Arthur’s Gluten-Free Flour. I find that it works the best in baking and other dishes.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Fritters KETO-Friendly
If you follow a low-carb or KETO-Friendly diet, you can easily switch out some ingredients to make this recipe compliant.
I would use almond flour as a substitution. The best-tasting one I have found is CarbQuick (affiliate link). I like the texture and the flavor better than other brands.
Don’t Have An Air Fryer? Here is How You Bake Frozen Chicken Fritters
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F, add your frozen chicken fritters onto a baking sheet, and pop the baking sheet into the oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
Can You Make Air Fryer Chicken Fritters In An Oven
Yes, if you have an air fryer oven or even a Blackstone Grill these would work perfectly.
For oven directions: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F, then bake for about 20 minutes, flipping them halfway.
This recipe will work in any air fryer, including the Mealthy CrispLid Air Fryer Lid and the Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid.
How Do You Store Leftovers
If you have any leftovers, here is my advice for storing them: Wait until the chicken fritters are room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container. Place the container into the refrigerator; it will last about 4 to 5 days.
To Reheat: Add them back into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 330 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 4-5 minutes per side.
To Freeze: Let them cool to room temperature, and then place them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the cooled chicken fritters on them, and then pop the baking sheet into the freezer. When the chicken fritters are frozen solid, transfer them to a freezer container or bag.
They will last about 1 to 2 months.
To Reheat from Frozen: Place the frozen chicken fritters into the air fryer, and air fry for 10 minutes, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes!
If you loved this recipe for Chicken Fritters Air Fryer, check out some of my favorite other chicken recipes!
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken Sandwich
- Air Fryer Nashville Chicken
- (My kids Favorite) Air Fryer Copycat Chick-Fil-A Nuggets
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Do you love chicken fritters but don't love the calories? Then you'll love this air fryer chicken fritter recipe! Air frying your chicken fritters instead of deep frying them results in a lower calorie and healthier dish. These chicken fritters are easy to make and are perfect for a quick and easy meal. So give them a try today!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken or diced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
In a large mixing bowl, mix the diced chicken or ground chicken, eggs, mayonnaise, flour, shredded mozzarella, dill, salt, and black pepper.
Mix well, and then form patties.
As you make the chicken patties, place them on a greased baking sheet. When done forming the patties, place the tray into the refrigerator.
Let them chill for about 2 hours.
Spray your air fryer basket with olive oil spray.
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for about 5 minutes.
Then place the patties into the basket, spray the tops with olive oil spray, and air fry for 10 minutes. Flipping the patties, and respray halfway.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply