Air Fryer Cheese Curds is amazing! If you have ever gone to a festival and ordered a batch of hot Cheese Curds, you will so love these, and they might just become the best summer treat!
I love these. They’re so crispy on the outside but soft and tender on the inside, and the melted cheese–oh so good!
This is such a healthy option to prepare these with hardly any oil, and you get all of the flavor and none of the fat, thanks to the Air Fryer! Amazingly Delicious!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER MOZZARELLA BITES, AIR FRYER BAKED BEAN BACON CUPS, AIR FRYER NAKED CHICKEN TENDERS and AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO CHIPS.
What Are Cheese Curds?
If you are not from Wisconsin, you probably never heard of these before, although they’re popular at State Fairs and other events.
They are actually just pieces of cheddar cheese that have not been aged at all. The curds are separated from the whey during the cheesemaking process.
They are very distributed by the mild flavor and are usually breaded. Sometimes, depending on where you purchase them, they are served on top of Poutine.
Ingredients In Air Fryer Cheese Curds
- Cheese Curds
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Cheese Curds
Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray.
Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, Italian Seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
In another bowl, add your flour. In the last bowl, add your eggs, and whisk them with a fork.
Dip the cheese curd into the flour, then into the egg mixture, and finally into the bread crumbs mixture.
As you coat the cheese curds, place them into the air fryer basket. Air Fry at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 to 10 minutes. Flip halfway during the cooking process.
Some Pro Tips
- If you have a hard time covering the curds with panko, use your hands to pat them down.
- Since every air fryer is slightly different, check on the Air Fryer Cheese Curds several times during the cooking process.
- Make sure that there is space around the curds. Otherwise, they will not crisp up. Remember, an air fryer works by circulating hot air around the food, cooking it perfectly. When you crowd the basket, the food will not cook up properly.
How Do You Cook Frozen Cheese Curds in an Air Fryer?
This is a great and easy way to make cheese curds. Place the frozen cheese curds into the air fryer basket.
Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for about 4 to 8 minutes. Flipping halfway.
You can easily add even more flavor to this dish by changing out some of the spices. Some of my favorites are:
- Cajun Seasoning or Cayenne Pepper into the bread crumb mixture
- Himalayan Salt
- Hot sauce into the egg mixture
How To Store Cheese Curds
If you have any cheese curds leftover, let them cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container.
Place the container into the refrigerator, where they will last for about 2 to 3 days. After that, dispose of the cheese curds.
How To Reheat Cheese Curds
Place the refrigerated cheese curds into the air fryer basket, spray them with cooking spray.
Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 3 to 4 minutes, until warmed through.
What Air Fryer Can I Use With This Recipe?
You can use whatever air fryer you own, and I have tried this on the GoWise, Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, and Instant Pot Crisp Lid. The recipe works the same.
More Air Fryer Appetizers
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS WITH BUFFALO SAUCE
- AIR FRYER MINI TACO BOWLS
- EASY AIR FRYER HARDEE’S BIG HOT HAM ‘N’ CHEESE
- AIR FRYER CANDIED PECANS
- 12 ounces cheese curds
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, Italian Seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, add your flour. In the last bowl, add your eggs, and whisk them with a fork.
- Dip the cheese curd into the flour, then into the egg mixture, and finally into the bread crumbs mixture.
- As you coat the cheese curds, place them into the air fryer basket. Air Fry at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 to 10 minutes. Flip halfway during the cooking process.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 843mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g