Air Fryer Breakfast Flatbread Pizza –Craving pizza for breakfast? You don’t have to succumb to temptation—you can still make healthy, delicious choices while satisfying your cravings!
This Air Fryer Breakfast Flatbread Pizza will surely be a hit with everyone in the family. Packed with vegetables and protein from bacon and cheese, it’s easy to whip up this meal even on busy weekdays. With minimal effort and only ten minutes of cooking time needed, you’ll enjoy all the flavors you love without all those extra calories or guilt!
What Is Breakfast Flatbread Pizza?
Breakfast flatbread pizza is a savory and flavorful dish that combines the elements of a traditional pizza with breakfast ingredients. It typically starts with a flatbread or pizza crust as the base, then topped with a variety of breakfast-inspired toppings such as eggs, cheese, meats, vegetables, and sometimes even breakfast sauces like hollandaise or salsa.
The result is a delicious and satisfying meal that bridges the gap between classic pizza flavors and breakfast favorites. Breakfast flatbread pizza offers a versatile canvas for creativity, allowing you to customize the toppings to your taste preferences and create a hearty morning meal perfect for brunch or whenever you’re craving a fusion of breakfast and pizza flavors.
Can You Make Flatbread Pizza In Air Fryer
Yes, you can absolutely make pizza in an air fryer! Air fryers are versatile kitchen appliances that can achieve crispy and delicious results, including pizza.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Breakfast Flatbread Pizza
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Flatbread or pre-made pizza crust: Choose a thin flatbread or pre-made crust as the base for your pizza.
- Eggs: Scrambled or fried eggs add a hearty and protein-rich element to your breakfast pizza.
- Cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, etc.): A generous layer of cheese adds creaminess and flavor.
- Breakfast meats (sausage, bacon, ham): Cooked and chopped breakfast meats provide savory goodness.
- Vegetables (bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, spinach): Add color, nutrients, and freshness to your pizza.
- Olive oil: A drizzle of olive oil helps to prevent the flatbread from becoming too dry.
- Kosher salt and pepper: Season to taste.
- Optional toppings: Get creative with additions like avocado, salsa, or hot sauce for extra flavor.
Create a mouthwatering breakfast flatbread pizza by layering these ingredients on your flatbread or crust, and then let the air fryer work its magic for a crispy, flavorful morning meal.
How To Make Breakfast Flatbread Pizza In Air Fryer
Do you love pizza for breakfast but also want to ensure it’s healthy and simple to make? No problem! We’ve got the perfect recipe for you.
Our breakfast flatbread pizza is made in an air fryer, so not only will it be packed with fantastic flavors, and cooked in minutes.
Not only is this a super easy way to get creative with a morning dish, but it’s also fun for the whole family – kids and adults alike can customize their pizzas using whatever toppings they prefer. So don’t just settle for boring eggs or oatmeal every morning. Spice up your breakfast routine with our one-of-a-kind flatbread pizza today!
Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to around 375 degrees F (190°C) for 3-5 minutes.
Prepare the Flatbread: Place your flatbread or pre-made pizza crust on a clean surface, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle garlic salt.
Add shredded cheese to the top of each flatbread. Use the cheese to make a well for 1-2 eggs in the center of the pizza. This will help keep the egg whites from running off the side of the bread.
Halve the cherry tomatoes and dice or rip the prosciutto into small pieces. Place the cherry tomatoes and prosciutto on top of the pizza, leaving the middle of each well open for the egg.
Add the Eggs: Carefully place an egg into the middle of each well. To keep the eggs intact, crack each egg separately into a small bowl and then tip the egg from the bowl onto the top of the pizza
Air Fry the Pizza: Carefully transfer the prepared pizza to the preheated air fryer basket or tray. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted bubbly and the edges of the flatbread are crispy.
Customize: Feel free to add optional toppings like sliced avocado, a dollop of salsa, or a drizzle of hot sauce for an extra kick.
Serve: Once the breakfast flatbread pizza is cooked to your liking, carefully remove it from the air fryer. Let it cool for a moment before slicing and serving.
Pro Tips For Cooking Breakfast Flatbread In Air Fryer
To achieve the perfect Breakfast Flatbread Pizza in your air fryer, here are some pro tips to consider:
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Always preheat your air fryer before cooking to ensure even cooking and optimal results. This helps create a crispier crust and evenly melted cheese.
- Use Parchment Paper: To prevent sticking and ensure easy removal, place a piece of parchment paper in the air fryer basket or on the tray before placing the flatbread.
- Precook Ingredients: For ingredients like breakfast meats, such as bacon or sausage, precooking them slightly before adding them to the flatbread is a good idea. This prevents the pizza from becoming too greasy as it cooks.
- Avoid Overloading: While toppings are delicious, avoid overloading the flatbread with too many ingredients. A balanced amount of toppings ensures even cooking and a crispy crust.
- Add Cheese First: Start with a layer of cheese on the bottom. This creates a barrier between the crust and wetter ingredients, helping to prevent sogginess.
- Keep Eggs Moist: When adding scrambled eggs, ensure they are slightly undercooked since they will continue to cook during air frying.
- Layer Ingredients Evenly: Distribute toppings evenly across the flatbread to ensure that each bite is flavorful.
- Monitor Cooking Time: Keep a close eye on the cooking process. Cooking times may vary based on the thickness of the crust and the air fryer’s temperature.
- Don’t Overcook: Avoid overcooking the flatbread pizza, as it can lead to a dry crust and overly crispy toppings.
- Add Fresh Toppings Later: If you’re adding fresh toppings like avocado or herbs, consider adding them after the pizza is cooked to preserve their texture and flavor.
- Slice Before Serving: Allow the pizza to cool slightly before slicing. This helps maintain the toppings’ arrangement and prevents them from sliding off.
- Experiment with Settings: Air fryers vary in temperature and cooking times, so don’t hesitate to experiment with settings to achieve your preferred level of crispiness.
Following these pro tips, you’ll be able to create a mouthwatering and perfectly cooked Breakfast Flatbread Pizza in your air fryer. Enjoy the fusion of breakfast and pizza flavors with a crispy, golden crust!
FAQ Air Fryer Breakfast Flatbread
Can I use any type of flatbread or pizza crust for the breakfast pizza? Yes, you can use your preferred type of flatbread or pre-made pizza crust for the breakfast pizza. Opt for thin crusts that will cook evenly in the air fryer.
Do I need to pre-cook the flatbread before adding toppings? It’s not necessary to pre-cook the flatbread. You can assemble the pizza with toppings directly on the uncooked flatbread before air frying.
Can I make breakfast flatbread pizza with a gluten-free crust? Absolutely, you can use gluten-free flatbread or crust to accommodate dietary preferences or restrictions.
How do I prevent the toppings from falling off during cooking? Distribute the toppings evenly and avoid overloading the pizza with too many ingredients. This will help prevent toppings from falling off during cooking.
Can I use frozen toppings, like frozen vegetables or precooked bacon? Yes, you can use frozen toppings. However, precook any raw ingredients like bacon before adding them to the pizza for best results.
Can I use a non-stick spray on the air fryer basket or tray? If desired, you can lightly spray the air fryer basket or tray with non-stick cooking spray before placing the flatbread. However, parchment paper is often used to prevent sticking.
Can I make multiple breakfast flatbread pizzas at once? Depending on the size of your air fryer, you might be able to cook multiple flatbread pizzas at once. Ensure there’s enough space between them for even cooking.
What temperature should I set my air fryer to? Preheat your air fryer to around 375°F (190°C) before cooking the breakfast flatbread pizza.
How do I know when the pizza is done cooking? Keep an eye on the pizza as it cooks. It’s done when the cheese is melted, bubbly, and the edges of the flatbread are crispy and golden.
Can I customize the toppings for my breakfast flatbread pizza? Absolutely, feel free to get creative with the toppings! Customize the pizza with your favorite breakfast ingredients and flavors.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato
- Air Fryer Corn On The Cob
- Instant Pot Andes Brownie Bites
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer Gluten-Free Brownies
Air Fryer Breakfast Flatbread Pizza
- 2 pieces naan flatbread, I used Stonefire Naan original
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 ounces mozzarella, shredded
- 2 slices prosciutto , shredded
- 10 cherry tomatoes , shredded
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, to taste
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to around 375 degrees F (190°C) for 3-5 minutes.
- Prepare the Flatbread: Place your flatbread or pre-made pizza crust on a clean surface, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle garlic salt.
- Add shredded cheese to the top of each flatbread. Use the cheese to make a well for 1-2 eggs in the center of the pizza. This will help keep the egg whites from running off the side of the bread.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and dice or rip the prosciutto into small pieces. Place the cherry tomatoes and prosciutto on top of the pizza, leaving the middle of each well open for the egg.
- Add the Eggs: Carefully place an egg into the middle of each well. To keep the eggs intact, crack each egg separately into a small bowl and then tip the egg from the bowl onto the top of the pizza.
- Air Fry the Pizza: Carefully transfer the prepared pizza to the preheated air fryer basket or tray. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted bubbly and the edges of the flatbread are crispy.
- Serve: Once the breakfast flatbread pizza is cooked to your liking, carefully remove it from the air fryer. Let it cool for a moment before slicing and serving.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional
I used freshly shredded mozzarella in this recipe, but pre-shredded mozzarella will work fine, too!
Egg doneness tips:
In my air fryer a flatbread with one egg takes 5 minutes for a runny yolk, and 7 minutes for a set yolk.
In my air fryer a flatbread with two eggs takes 5 minutes for a runny yolk, and 8 minutes for a set yolk.
All air fryers are different, so cooking times for your eggs may vary. After 8 minutes, keep a close eye on the pizza. You can very lightly touch the top of the egg to feel if it is done to your liking.