Air fryer cakes are so easy to make and everyone loves cake. You can make this delicious cake recipe from scratch with our simple instructions.
I love to bake, I have been baking since I was a child, and was given an easy bake oven. Now, that I have an air fryer and Instant Pot, those are my new tools. They replaced my childhood dream toy. But, sometimes cooking with my air fryer, brings me back some fond memories since some of the food is miniature in size.
Baking is a science, some of us have it, some of us do not. As a small child, my mother would always bake cakes from mixes. As I got older and I was armed with a husband who loves cakes, I became more adventurous.
Here are some tips for making a cake in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer, just make sure that you use gloves when you go and put your pan into the air fryer.
- Always spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray, just as if you are making a cake in the oven. ( I use whatever I have on hand, either Pam or Baker’s Joy) Trader Joe’s makes a great non-stick cooking spray too.
- I cook my cake for the air fryer, low and slow, this makes them brown better and I find that it does take longer but, also makes for a moist cake.
- Set the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use the correct tools to measure dry ingredients, never use a measuring cup, always use these tools
- For a lighter batter, always cream the butter and sugar together.
- Allow the cake to cool, just about 10 minutes and you should be able to easily get the cake out of the pan.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
- 3/4 cup room temperature butter
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Optional Powdered sugar to dust
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
2. Mix in the eggs, vanilla extract, and the buttermilk,
3. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Mix well.
5. Fold in the blueberries.
6. Spray your bundt pan with olive oil.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
8. Set the pan into the air fryer and set the temperature to 330 degrees F, for 20-25 minutes.
9. Check and make sure the cake is fully cooked, the exact time will depend on your air fryer and the pan you use.
10.When the cake is cooled, dust with powdered sugar.
11. Plate, serve, and enjoy!