Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts -Water chestnuts are a delicious and healthy snack, but they can be time-consuming.
Enter the air fryer! With this handy appliance, you can have bacon-wrapped water chestnuts quickly. The best part? They come out crispy and delicious every time. So if you’re looking for a tasty and easy snack, give this recipe a try. You won’t regret it!
Looking for a delicious and impressive appetizer to serve at your next party? Look no further than air fryer bacon-wrapped water chestnuts! This dish is easy to prepare and sure to please everyone. Plus, the air fryer does all the work for you – no need to worry about flipping bacon or getting it perfectly crispy. Give this recipe a try today!
What Are Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts?
What are bacon-wrapped water chestnuts? Well, they’re exactly what they sound like – water chestnuts wrapped in bacon! And they’re delicious.
Water chestnuts are a type of nut that grows in marshes and wetlands. They have a crisp, crunchy texture and a slightly sweet taste. When wrapped in bacon, they make the perfect appetizer or snack. The salty, savory bacon complements the sweetness of the chestnut, and the crispy texture is irresistible.
Bacon-wrapped water chestnuts are easy to make, and they can be served either warm or cold. Wrap a slice of bacon around each water chestnut and secure it with a toothpick. Then, bake them in the oven or air fryer until the bacon is crisp.
Whether you’re hosting a party or just looking for a tasty snack, bacon-wrapped water chestnuts are sure to please. So go ahead and give them a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Why You Wil Love Bacon Wrapped Chestnuts Air Fryer
The holidays are a great time to get together with friends and family and celebrate. And what better way to do that than with some delicious food? Bacon-wrapped chestnuts are the perfect holiday treat, and they’re even better when cooked in an air fryer. Here’s why you’ll love them:
They’re quick and easy to make. Just wrap some bacon around some chestnuts, put them in the air fryer, and you’re done—no need to spend hours in the kitchen preparing a complicated meal.
They’re crispy and flavorful. The air fryer gives the bacon a crispy texture, while the chestnuts stay nice and moist. The result is a delicious, flavorful treat that everyone will love.
They’re healthy. Yes, really! Cooking bacon in an air fryer uses less fat than traditional methods, so it’s a healthier option. And since the chestnuts are wrapped in bacon, they’ll absorb some fat, making them even healthier. So go ahead and enjoy Bacon Wrapped Chestnuts guilt-free this holiday season!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
The air fryer is one of the latest kitchen appliances to hit the market, and it’s a big hit with cooks everywhere. This appliance uses hot air to cook food, which results in a lower calorie meal than if you were to use oil.
One of the many things you can cook in an air fryer is bacon-wrapped water chestnuts.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Bacon: Bacon is a savory and salty cured meat that adds rich flavor and a crispy texture when wrapped around water chestnuts, creating a delightful contrast in this appetizer.
- Water Chestnuts: Water chestnuts are crunchy, slightly sweet, and have a refreshing texture. They make a perfect filling for bacon wraps, offering a unique and satisfying crunch.
- Brown Sugar: Brown sugar is mixed with soy sauce to create a sweet and savory glaze that complements the bacon-wrapped water chestnuts.
- Honey: For the delicious serving option.
- Seasonings: Ground Cinnamon, Ground Cloves, and Ground Nutmeg for added flavor.
- Toothpicks: Toothpicks are essential for securing the bacon around the water chestnuts, ensuring the ingredients stay together during cooking and serving.
- Sriracha Sauce (Optional): Sriracha sauce can be added for those who enjoy a bit of heat. It provides a spicy kick to balance the sweetness of the brown sugar in the glaze.
- Garlic Powder (Optional): Garlic powder is an optional ingredient that can be used to add a subtle garlic flavor to the glaze, enhancing the overall taste of the dish.
How To Cook Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts In Air Fryer
Cooking bacon-wrapped water chestnuts in an air fryer is a simple and delicious process. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
Prepare The Bacon
Cut each bacon strip in half. Then, place your bacon on a parchment-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, add the brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves. Mix well, then drizzle the sauce over the bacon.
Step Two: Assemble The Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Drain the water chestnuts fully. You can leave the drained water chestnuts on a paper towel or clean kitchen towel.
Place a water chestnut on the end of the bacon strip, then roll the bacon around the water chestnuts. Use a toothpick (soaked in water for 30 minutes to prevent charring)
Step Three: Air Fry
Set the water chestnuts into the air fryer basket in a single layer, and set the air fryer temperature to 400 degrees F for a cook time of 8-10 minutes. For best results, flip them halfway during the cooking process.
Step Four: Serving
Serve with a drizzle of honey or sriracha sauce.
While you may think that air-fried bacon-wrapped water chestnuts are an unusual choice, they can be a very delicious and healthy option. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your air fryer:
- Cut the bacon into small strips before wrapping it around the water chestnuts. This will help ensure that the bacon cooks evenly and crisps up nicely.
- Preheat the air fryer before adding the bacon-wrapped water chestnuts. This will help to prevent sticking and ensure that they cook evenly.
- Cook the bacon-wrapped water chestnuts on a high setting for best results. This will help to crisp up the bacon without overcooking the water chestnuts.
By following these simple tips, you can enjoy delicious and healthy air fried bacon wrapped water chestnuts that are sure to please everyone
Are water chestnuts healthy?
Nutritionally speaking, water chestnuts are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamins C and B6, potassium, and manganese. They also contain a compound called amygdalin, which is thought to have cancer-preventing properties. Additionally, water chestnuts are low in calories and fat, making them a healthy choice for those watching their weight. So overall, yes – water chestnuts are healthy!
Are water chestnuts keto
The answer is yes – water chestnuts are very low in carbs, with just 2g per 100g. This makes them an ideal food for those on a keto diet, as they will not kick you out of ketosis. Water chestnuts are so low in carbs that they are often used as a natural ‘carb blocker’ by people trying to lose weight.
Can I bake these instead of air frying them?
Yes! Like anything, you can easily make anything in your air fryer in the oven. Prepare as directed in the recipe card below, and then place into a preheated 375-degree F oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
Are chestnuts the same as water chestnuts?
Are chestnuts the same as water chestnuts? The answer is no. Chestnuts are a type of nut that grows on trees, while water chestnuts are a vegetable that grows in water. Both are edible, but they have different flavors and textures. Chestnuts are sweet and slightly chewy, while water chestnuts are crunchy and refreshing. They can be used in savory or sweet dishes, but water chestnuts are more commonly used in Asian cuisine. So, if you’re wondering whether you can substitute one for the other in a recipe, the answer is no. They may look similar, but chestnuts and water chestnuts are very different ingredients.
If you have leftovers, let them cool to room temperature and place them in an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Freezing: Water chestnuts do not freeze well, so I would not recommend them for a quick freezer snack!
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F. Place the bacon-wrapped water chestnuts on the air fryer basket and cook for 3-5 minutes. Enjoy your delicious, crispy, and healthy snacks!
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Bites
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- 16 ounces water chestnuts, drained
- 16 slices bacon, Cut in half
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup honey, optional for serving
- Cut each bacon strip in half. Then, place your bacon on a parchment-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, add the brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves. Mix well, then drizzle the sauce over the bacon.
- Drain the water chestnuts fully. You can leave the drained water chestnuts on a paper towel or clean kitchen towel.
- Place a water chestnut on the end of the bacon strip, then roll the bacon around the water chestnuts. Use a toothpick (soaked in water for 30 minutes to prevent charring)
- Set the water chestnuts into the air fryer basket in a single layer, and set the air fryer temperature to 400 degrees F for a cook time of 8-10 minutes. For best results, flip them halfway during the cooking process.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey, or sriracha sauce.
- Air Fryer
- Toothpicks, soak in water for 30 minutes
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional