Nothing is easier for lunch then a ham and cheese sandwich made in the air fryer. It is quick and it is delicious.
If you have never eaten a ham and cheese sandwich here is some basic information and facts for you.
The ham and cheese sandwich was invited back in 1762 (thank you Wikipedia). As most sandwiches at that time, they were invented so that people could carry it around and eat. You did not need to stop and have a meal, you could just simply carry it around.
As my kids can tell you in a Trivial Pursuit game, if it comes out, the sandwich was really invited by John Montagu, who was the Earl of Sandwich. I believe he didn’t actually invent them, he just helped popularize them.
What Type Of Ham Should You Use-
When you go into the deli you are bombarded by choices, here are some of my favorites.
- Honey Ham: This is a great ham because it’s naturally sweet, but at the same time a bit slaty too.
- Spiral Ham: This is one of my favorite hams to use after I make a big ham for either, Thanksgiving, Easter, or Christmas. What is better than using leftovers. And the spiral ham usually has a glaze, which adds sweetness.
What Type Of Cheese Should You Use-
Again the ingredients are important, you do not have a lot of ingredients to play with the classic ham and cheese sandwich, so picking out the perfect cheese is essential.
- Cheddar: I love cheddar in the air fryer or in a sandwich because it melts beautifully.
- Swiss: This goes perfectly with the ham, because it turns nutty, as you air fry the sandwich.
- Gruyere: This is another great cheese.
- Jarlsberg: This is my son’s favorite, although you really have to cut it thin for a sandwich, so if you can find it presliced that is a bonus.
Here Are Some Other Great Air Fryer Sandwich Ideas–
Don’t Forget To Pin—
Some Helpful Items in Making The Perfect Ham and Cheese Sandwich in the Air Fryer–
Such an easy way to make a homemade ham and swiss cheese sandwich. It’s a true kid-friendly meal.
- 2 pieces bread (any type)
- 1 piece Swiss cheese, sliced
- 1 piece deli ham, sliced
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Spread your bread with mayonnaise, on both pieces of bread.
- Gather your meats/cheese, one piece of Swiss cheese and one piece of deli ham.
- Place your trivet inside the air fryer basket.
- Place your sandwich in. The mayo said is face up and face down.
- Close the trivet, so the bread doesn’t fly around.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, do 7 minutes on side 1 and then flip and do side 2, for another 3 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer sandwich recipes air fryer turkey sandwich air fryer grilled cheese with mayo power air fryer oven grilled cheese how to make grilled cheese in air fryer oven how do i make a grilled cheese sandwich in the philips air fryer air fryer roast beef sandwich ham and cheese croissant in air fryer