Air Fryer Turkey Breast is tender and juicy, with crispy edges just like on the grill. Add a simple marinade or seasonings for plenty of flavor. With this recipe, learn how to cook turkey breast filets in the air fryer in minutes!
I used to grill turkey breast fillets with marinade, and the entire family loved them. Now that I’m trying all of my favorite recipes in the air fryer, I knew I just had to make Air Fryer Turkey Breast.
Perfectly flavored with marinade or seasonings, each bite is even juicier than the last. Plus, you can feel good knowing you’re feeding your family a lean protein without any extra oil or grease.
Aside from turkey cutlets in the air fryer, there are so many more ways to use this lean meat — even leftovers! Try more of my favorite Air Fryer Turkey Recipes including AIR FRYER TURKEY MEATLOAF, AIR FRYER TURKEY CLUB SANDWICH, AIR FRYER TURKEY CROQUETTES, and AIR FRYER TURKEY TETRAZZINI.
Air Fryer Turkey Breast
When you follow this simple recipe, you’ll know how to cook turkey breast filets in the air fryer in minutes!
All you need is 2 pounds of meat and your favorite marinade. You can also cook pre-seasoned turkey cutlets in air fryer for the same amount of time. Definitely go with whichever method is easiest for you!
Why You’ll Love Air Fried Turkey Breast Cutlets
- Cooks in 10 minutes
- 1 ingredient (plus marinade or seasoning)
- Feeds the whole family
- Healthy, lean protein
Ingredients Needed To Air Fry Turkey Breast
For this recipe, you’ll need 2 points of turkey breast fillets or cutlets. Buy them fresh from the butcher or meat department of your local store, or grab a package of frozen. Just be sure to thaw them first, or you’ll need to increase the cooking time.
You could also air fry turkey breast in any liquid marinade. Some of my favorites are (affiliate links included):
How To Cook Turkey Breast Filets in Air Fryer
Step 1: Marinate
This step is optional. Place turkey in a large Ziploc bag and pour in the marinade, then seal shut. You could also use olive oil and your favorite dry seasonings. Marinate turkey in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
If your meat comes already marinated or seasoned, then you can skip ahead to the next step.
Step 2: Cook
Spray the basket with olive oil spray, then place turkey cutlets in air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Cook for 5 minutes, then flip the meat. Air fry turkey breast for another 5 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Don’t skip the seasoning! If you are not using a marinade, season your turkey breast fillets with salt, pepper, and a poultry rub.
- Prep ahead. Meats are really easy to prepare ahead of time. Simply season or marinate them, then cover and place in the refrigerator until it’s time to air fry the meat. Turkey can be marinated for up to 2 days, but don’t go past 24 hours if there is any citrus in the marinade.
- Always flip the turkey halfway. Also, spray again with olive oil. This way, both sides are nice, light, and tender.
- Use a thermometer. Each air fryer cooks at different times, so the best thing to invest in is a meat thermometer. All poultry is considered done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Let it rest. Transfer air fried turkey breast to a plate, then let it sit for 5 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute through the meat so each bite is tender and juicy.
Air fryer turkey breast is an easy dish that tastes good with all of your favorite sides. For a simple meal, add a green salad or some rice and vegetables. Here are more of my favorite additions to air fried turkey breast:
- Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes (cook them at the same time!)
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- Air Fryer Acorn Squash
How To Reheat Air Fried Turkey Breast?
Store any leftover air fryer turkey breast in an airtight container. It will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
To reheat, simply place the meat back in the air fryer basket and cook at 350 degrees F until warmed through.
How Long Does It Take To Air Fry Turkey Breast?
At 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, you can cook 2 pounds of turkey breast fillets in about 10 minutes. Thicker pieces will take a few extra minutes to cook.
Can You Make Frozen Turkey Cutlets In Air Fryer?
Of course! Because cutlets are so thin, there’s no need to defrost them first — perfect for when you’re in a rush. Simply cook as directed, adding about 5 minutes to the cooking time, until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
More Air Fryer Turkey Recipes:
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Air Fryer Turkey Breast Cutlets
- 2 pounds turkey cutlets, preseasoned
- Place turkey breast cutlets into the air fryer basket, and spray with olive oil spray.
- Set the temperature to 400 F degrees.
- Set the time for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, flip the turkey cutlets.
- Set the time for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer