Air Fryer Turkey Meatloaf — Turkey meatloaf is a great way to spice up your Thanksgiving dinner and this recipe for Air Fryer Turkey Meatloaf with Cranberry Sauce will not disappoint. This dish is easy to make and can be cooked in about an hour so you can spend more time enjoying the holiday festivities with your family. The cranberry sauce tastes fresh, tangy, and sweet all at once which complements the turkey well. It’s perfect as a main course or as a side dish!
Air Fryer Turkey Meatloaf-There is nothing like a piece of juicy meatloaf served with mashed potatoes and a vegetable; this is quite a healthy meal.
Today, I am going to share with you my foolproof method for juicy and tender turkey meatloaf. All made in the air fryer.
There are a few tricks to making the perfect meatloaf in the air fryer, keeping it juicy and moist, while you are air frying it, is the key.
What Is Turkey Meatloaf?
Meatloaf is a dish that consists of ground meat, usually beef or pork, mixed with spices and other ingredients like onion, egg, and bread crumbs. It is then baked in a loaf shape, similar to a cake. Meatloaf can be served as a main course or sliced and used in sandwiches. While there are many different recipes for meatloaf, the most popular variations include turkey meat. Turkish meatloaf, also known as Köfte, is a popular variation made with ground lamb or beef mixed with spices and onion. Köfte is often served as an appetizer or main course. Let’s take a closer look at how to make Turkey Meatloaf!
Is Turkey Meatloaf Healthy?
Surprisingly, yes! Lean ground turkey provides plenty of protein and fiber, while the spices help to boost your immune system. Give this recipe a try for a healthy weeknight meal.
How To Make Turkey Meatloaf Air Fryer
The same tricks apply, whether you are making a traditional meatloaf with beef, or a healthier option, such as a turkey meatloaf. I added some diced mushrooms and garlic, for I find that it makes the final piece of meatloaf very tender and moist.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Turkey Meatloaf
- Vegetables: Button Mushrooms, Onions, Minced Garlic
- Seasonings/Spices: Salt, Black Pepper, Sage
- Seasonings: Worcestershire Sauce, Ketchup, Vegetable oil
- Bread Crumbs: If you want a keto turkey meatloaf recipe, you can use crushed pork rinds, for a gluten-free turkey recipe, use gluten-free bread crumbs
- Milk: If you want a dairy-free recipe, you can use a milk alternative, or use oat milk, or almond milk.
- Eggs: For egg-free recipes use an egg substitute.
- Ground Turkey: You can either purchase a ground turkey or ground it yourself.
How To Cook Turkey Meatloaf In The Air Fryer
Dice the onions, mushrooms, and garlic. In a small skillet, add the olive oil, simmer the olive oil until hot, and then add the onions, saute until they are translucent, about 5 minutes. Then add the mushrooms, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Saute until the mushrooms are softened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer the vegetable mixture to a small mixing bowl, and mix in the sage. Add the breadcrumbs and milk to another bowl, mix well, add the eggs, and mix again. Fold in the ground turkey, then mix in the vegetable mixture. Place the meat mixture into a small loaf pan.
In another bowl, mix the topping: Ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes, air fryer setting.
Add your loaf, set the timer for 20-30 minutes, and check the internal temperature. The exact time will depend on: how thick your meatloaf is, how big your pan that you are using, and what air fryer you are using. The internal temperature needs to be 170 degrees F before removal. When you reach about 165 degrees F, add the topping, and air fry for another 5 minutes.
FAQs: Turkey Meatloaf Air Fryer
Can I Make This Meatloaf Ahead Of Time?
Yes, this is a perfect meal that you can make and serve during the week. It is the perfect make-ahead meal.
You can make this and place it in the refrigerator. If you want to make this so that it’s there when you come home from work. Make it, and then place it into the loaf pan. Then when you come home, pop it into the air fryer.
You can make this about 2 days ahead of time. Just keep it covered and stored in the refrigerator.
Can I Freeze Unbaked Meatloaf?
Yes, this is a great make-ahead meal. The most important thing to remember is that you really need to wrap it so the meatloaf stays moist.
I usually wrap my meatloaf a couple of times in saran wrap, and then I wrap the meatloaf in saran wrap. Then place the wrapped meatloaf into a Ziplock Freezer Bag. That will keep the moisture out.
For best results use up in a month.
Can I Freeze Baked Meatloaf?
For Best Results, I usually cut my meatloaf into slices and then wrap the slices with saran wrap a couple of times. Then I wrap the wrapped meatloaf in aluminum foil. Then place the slices into a Freezer Bag. the important thing to remember when you freeze meatloaf is that you need to keep the moisture out.
Try to use up the baked meatloaf in a month, for the best results.
How To Reheat Meatloaf In The Air Fryer
It’s no secret that the best way to reheat meatloaf is in the air fryer. But did you know there are a few tips and tricks to make sure it comes out perfect every time? Read on for our top tips on how to reheat meatloaf in the air fryer. You’ll be glad you did!
- Place the meatloaf into the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 330 degrees F.
- Heat until the meatloaf is warmed through, flipping halfway during the cooking process.
Turkey Meatloaf Sides
This is a great meal to make and here are some of my favorite side dishes:
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Dice the onions, mushrooms, and garlic. In a small skillet, add the olive oil, simmer the olive oil until hot, and then add the onions, saute until they are translucent, about 5 minutes. Then add the mushrooms, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Saute until the mushrooms are softened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer the vegetable mixture to a small mixing bowl, mix in the sage.
- In another bowl, add the breadcrumbs and milk, mix well, add the eggs, and mix again.
- Fold in the ground turkey, then mix in the vegetable mixture.
- Place the meat mixture into a small loaf pan.
- In another bowl, mix the topping: Ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes, air fryer setting.
- Add your loaf, set the timer for 20-30 minutes, and check the internal temperature. The exact time will depend on: how thick your meatloaf is, how big your pan that you are using, and what air fryer you are using. The internal temperature needs to be 170 degrees F before removing.
- When you reach about 165 degrees F, add the topping, and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Loaf Pan