Baked brie is one of my family’s favorite desserts/appetizers. I always serve it during movie night at my house. The first time I tried it I picked up this interesting cheese that was wrapped in filo dough, I didn’t know what it was but it sure did look interesting. I think my family all agreed because they ate it up and always begged or it when we went to Trader Joes.
If you are not familiar with baked brie, it is nothing short of amazing, you will usually see it sold with toppings, around Valentine’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and other holidays. But, making it at home is extremely easy and fun. This is a great place where you can use your imagination to come up with all sorts of amazing and delicious toppings.
Brie (according to Wikipedia) is named after Brie, the French region, where it originated from.
Let’s go over some basics about Brie.
- It’s sold in wheels (round) packages.
- Brie can either be called brie or Camembert
- You can bake it and eat it directly, or you can add toppings up, that are melted together to create a new taste.
- Wrapping it up, in a pastry is called: Brie en croute
- Brie is commonly wrapped up in a rind, that needs to be removed in order for it to melt. It is perfectly fine to eat the rind, but when you keep the brie in the rind, it will not melt on the outside, it will only melt the inside. So, I usually remove the top rind, so it melts slightly.
- Let the Brie rest after it comes out of the oven or air fryer. Just about 5 minutes, before you cut into it.
- If you are looking or thinking about things that will flavor your brie, you can either go with sweet, such as jam or jelly, or something savory such as pesto or sun-dried tomatoes.
- If you are going to wrap it up, make sure that your puff pastry is double the size of the brie. which allows you to gather the puff pastry and tie it up. (Just use butcher twine to tie up it and secure it)
- Baked brie should have an internal temperature of 400 degrees F. When it’s done.
- Serve the baked brie with crackers, cut up apples, vegetables, etc.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer-Air Fried-Baked Brie in Puff Pastry
This is a really easy recipe.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 sheet puff pastry (found in the freezer aisle, at your supermarket)
- 1 wheel Brie cheese
- Start by taking out your puff pastry, and let it stay at room temperature.
- Then flatten the puff pastry, as much as you can.
- Place the brie cheese in the center of the puff pastry, folding the edges over the Brie cheese.
- Place a small piece of aluminum foil into the bottom of the basket, just enough to place the Brie on top of it.
- Set your Brie on top of the foil, and set the time for 15 minutes at 375 degrees F.
- When it is golden brown, remove from the air fryer.
Keywords: air fryer fried brie baked camembert air fryer fried brie wheel air fryer recipes baked brie wedge puff pastry phyllo dough air fryer air fryer appetizers ninja foodi baked brie