I love to bake, I have been baking since I was a child, and was given an easy bake oven. Now, that I have an air fryer and Instant Pot, those are my new tools. They replaced my childhood dream toy. But, sometimes cooking with my air fryer, brings me back some fond memories since some of the food is miniature in size.
Baking is a science, some of us have it, some of us do not. As a small child, my mother would always bake cakes from mixes. As I got older and I was armed with a husband who loves cakes, I became more adventurous.
Here are some tips for making a cake in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat your air fryer, just make sure that you use gloves when you go and put your pan into the air fryer.
- Always spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray, just as if you are making a cake in the oven. ( I use whatever I have on hand, either Pam or Baker’s Joy) Trader Joe’s makes a great non-stick cooking spray too.
- I cook my cake for the air fryer, low and slow, this makes them brown better and I find that it does take longer but, also makes for a moist cake.
- Set the butter and eggs at room temperature.
- Use the correct tools to measure dry ingredients, never use a measuring cup, always use these tools
- For a lighter batter, always cream the butter and sugar together.
- Allow the cake to cool, just about 10 minutes and you should be able to easily get the cake out of the pan.
Start by purchasing a basic yellow cake mix package. Any type will do. I always choose the one that is on sale, because I think they all taste the same.
Plus you are dressing them up, so just grab the cheapest.
Then prepare the cake mix, per the instructions on the box. This cake mix called for water,
Then mix in the butter.
Pour the prepared batter into the air fryer safe pan.
Set the air fryer safe pan with the batter into the air fryer basket. (Follow the directions in the printable recipe)
Finished and cooked cake.
Cut the cake in half.
After you spread the filling, clean up the edges (I forgot to take a picture of that) and then add some frosting.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Air Fried-Air Fryer-Boston Cream Pie
- 1 Classic Yellow Cake Mix
Ingredients to make the above cake, per instructions
- 2 cups prepared vanilla pudding
- 1 chocolate frosting
Start by pouring the cake mix into a large mixing bowl, then add the rest of the ingredients needed to make the cake.
Pour the prepared filling into an air fryer safe pan, then set the pan into the air fryer basket at 350 degrees F, for 20-25 minutes. After 20 minutes, check the cake, by using a toothpick if it comes out clean remove from the basket, otherwise, set it for another 5 minutes.
Let the cake cool.
Then cut the cake in half.
Spread the pudding onto the bottom layer of the cake, then add the top layer. Clean up the edges from the excess pudding.
Spread the chocolate frosting on top.
Chil in the refrigerator until ready to serve.