Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of chicken orange chicken, but better, because they can have it at home.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Becuase eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Start by cutting up the chicken.
Then pour all of the marinade ingredients into a bowl.
Place the marinade chicken into the air fryer basket, and then spray. Follow the cooking times in the recipe, below.
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Air Fryer-Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil to spraying
Start by cutting up your chicken into pieces. I clean my chicken and then add it to the seasoning.
Then add the chicken to a small bowl, the olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and let marinate for at least an hour. (Place in the refrigerator)
Then place the chicken in the air fryer basket, for 7 minutes at 350 degrees F, spray your chicken. After 7 minutes, flip the chicken for another 7 minutes. Spray Again
Check with your meat thermometer to make sure that the chicken is fully cooked. Eating raw chicken is a health hazard.