Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
This is an amazingly easy recipe. Like with most recipes, I played with it for a while, until I really got a taste and quality that I would feel comfortable posting.
Instant Pot-Carmelized Onions
This makes a quick way to have caramelized onions, without a huge cleanup.
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 3 pounds of onions, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- In your Instant Pot, hit the saute button and add the butter. Then add your onions, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar .Saute for about 8 minutes, being careful to stir the onions often, so that they don't stick or burn.
- Add the water, to your Instant Pot and then add your lid, lock it in, and set it to sealing Then set the manual high pressure for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, let do a quick release.