Reheat Chicken Thighs In Air Fryer — Leftover chicken is usually not something that deserves a second chance. But if you’re looking for an easy way to reheat your leftover thighs, and make them just as good as the first time, the air fryer is the perfect way to reheat them!
Heating up the chicken leftovers you prepared for dinner can be a tricky task. There are many ways to do it, but if your goal is moist and tender chicken with crispy edges, then there’s only one way that will work– The Air Fryer!
While most of us might reach for the microwave, the air fryer is a perfect way to get the same quality, texture, and flavor, that you had right after cooking them the first time!
And if you have any leftover restaurant chicken thighs, you can reheat them right in the air fryer, amazingly simple, fast, and delicious!
Why You Will Love Reheating Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer!
While you can reheat the chicken in either the microwave or in the oven, I find that you get a better reheated chicken thigh, by using the air fryer. Here are some reasons why you will never reheat chicken thighs any other way!
- Fast! Only takes a few minutes in the air fryer.
- Easy! Foolproof, there is nothing to do, but set the time and temperature, which means the chicken thighs come out perfect every time!
- Delicious! The skin gets nice and crispy, and the meat stays juicy.
How To Reheat Chicken Thighs In Air Fryer
Whether you’re reheating leftover chicken thighs from a meal cooked earlier in the week or cooking frozen chicken thighs, the air fryer is an excellent way to heat them up quickly and evenly.
Here’s how to do it:
Step One: First, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step Two: Place the chicken thighs in the air fryer basket, making sure they’re not touching each other. Cook for eight minutes, flipping once halfway through. Once heated through, remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
Why Type Of Chicken Thighs Can I Reheat In The Air Fryer
This easy air fryer chicken recipe is great for reheating skin on or off, bone-in, and boneless pieces. You can also use it to rewarm fried foods like wings, breasts & other favorites!
- Fried Chicken Thighs: Have leftovers from your favorite fast food fried chicken place, or KFC, use your air fryer to reheat them quickly and keep them crispy!
- Marinated Chicken Thighs: Have some cooked marinated chicken thighs, and toss them into the air fryer, you can even add more sauce or marinate to keep the flavor, fresh and delicious!
- Grilled Chicken Thighs: Made some BBQ last night, and if you want to quickly reheat them, add them to the air fryer, and in a few minutes, you can have the BBQ flavor again!
Tips For Reheating Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer
Tips For Reheating Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer: Whether you have leftover cooked chicken thighs from a meal or store-bought rotisserie chicken, reheating them in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to get them hot and crispy. Here are a few tips to get the best results:
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit before adding the chicken. This will help to ensure that your chicken reheats evenly.
- If your chicken thighs are skin-on, you may want toto brush them with oil before air frying lightlyThis will help to crisp up the skin.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. You may need to reheat the chicken in batches if it doesn’t all fit comfortably.
- Reheat for 8-10 minutes, r until the chicken is hot and crispy. Serve immediately.
Leftover chicken can last for a few days in the refrigerator. You should never forget that it’s best to freeze your leftovers if you do not plan on eating them within a few days.
Refrigerator: Let your chicken cool to room temperature and then place it into an airtight container. You should consume the chicken within 2 to 3 days.
Freezer: Freeze leftover chicken, by letting it cool to room temperature, and then place it into a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. It will last in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Reheat Frozen Chicken Thighs In Air Fryer?
Yes! You can either reheat thawed chicken thighs or frozen chicken thighs. Make sure that the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, before removing the chicken thighs from the air fryer!
What Is The Best Way To Reheat Chicken Thighs?
Whether you cooked a little too much chicken or just want to have leftovers for lunch the next day, reheating chicken thighs can be a bit of a challenge. I have never had much success with reheating chicken in the microwave, it comes out rubbery and tough, so when I got my air fryer, I found it was perfect.
The oven works well, but who wants to wait for the oven to preheat? The air fryer is amazing!
How Long To Reheat Chicken Thighs In Air Fryer?
I have found that depending on the cut of chicken, and the batter used, the average time is about 8 to 10 minutes at 400 degrees F when the air fryer is preheated, otherwise, add a couple of minutes to the cooking time!
More Air Fryer Chicken Recipes
Do you love chicken but are tired of the same old recipes? Then you need to check out these air fryer chicken recipes! They are all delicious and low in calories, making them perfect for any diet. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
- AIR FRYER CAJUN CHICKEN PASTA
- AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER CHICKEN LEGS WITH SPICY JELLY AIOLI
- REHEAT CHICKEN LEGS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER PANDA EXPRESS SWEET FIRE CHICKEN COPYCAT
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT MCDONALD’S CHICKEN NUGGETS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Reheating Chicken Thighs In Air Fryer
- 4 chicken thighs
- First, preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken thighs in the air fryer basket, making sure they're not touching each other. Cook for eight minutes, flipping once halfway through. Once heated through, remove from the air fryer and enjoy!
- Air Fryer