How to Make Stovetop Stuffing in the Instant Pot — The Instant Pot is a great tool for making stovetop stuffing. Today, we’ll show you how to make Stovetop Stuffing in the Instant Pot!
The ingredients are simple and easy to find at any grocery store. All you need is a couple of packages of boxed stuffing, broth, and cream of chicken soup. You can even add some seasoning like sage and thyme. There’s no need for any fancy ingredients – just the basics! So grab your Instant Pot, and let’s get started!
This recipe is for the cooks who are looking for an easy way to get their stuffing made. I’ll be showing you how to make stovetop stuffing in the Instant Pot! It’s quick, simple, and tastes great. The best part is that it doesn’t take up valuable oven space while cooking your turkey.
If you are looking for some other easy Instant Pot Recipes, some of my favorite Instant Pot Recipes are INSTANT POT BBQ RIBS, INSTANT POT HOT DOGS, INSTANT POT SALSA CHICKEN, and INSTANT POT BEEF STEW.
What Is Stovetop Stuffing?
Stovetop stuffing is a type of bread dressing that has been traditionally cooked on the stove. It’s made with ingredients like butter, celery, onion, spices, and broth. Tasty variations of this dish are often made by adding cranberries or nuts to the mixture. If you’re looking for something easy to make in your kitchen, give stovetop stuffing a try!
This recipe will work with any boxed stuffing, whether you get it from Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, or even Costco. The recipe will remain the same.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Stovetop Stuffing
- Stovetop Stuffing (Or Any Boxed Stuffing Mix)
- Chicken Broth
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
How to Make Stovetop Stuffing in the Instant Pot
In a large mixing bowl, mix the stuffing, chicken broth, and cream of chicken mix well.
Place in a bowl or pan that is pressure cooker safe. Either metal or glass. Add two cups of water to the Instant Pot bowl, place your trivet on top, and then the bowl with the stuffing.
Add the lid, and make sure the vent is in a sealed position. Set the manual high pressure to 1 minute. When the time goes to L05, do a quick release.
While we started with a boxed mix, there are so many ways to change this out. I wanted to mention that you can really use any boxed stuffing for this recipe, and it will work the same.
Some of my favorite boxed stuffing mixes:
- Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Classic Stuffing
- Kraft Stove Top Cornbread Stuffing Mix
- 365 Everyday Value Organic Cornbread Stuffing Mix
- Arnold Premium herb Seasoned Cubed Stuffing
- Martins Potato Bread Cubed Stuffing
While today I used a simple chicken broth, you can change it out to:
- Vegetable Broth
- Beef Broth
- Cream of Chicken
- Cream of Mushroom
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Don’t Forget To Pin:
How To Make Stuffing in the Instant Pot
- 2 packages Stovetop stuffing, ( I used 2, 6-ounce packages)
- 3 cups chicken broth, (or if you are a vegetarian, use water or vegetable broth)
- 10.5 ounces cream of mushroom soup, or cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups water
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the stuffing mix, chicken broth, and cream of chicken.
- Mix well.
- Place in a pan that is pressure cooker safe. Either metal or glass.
- Add two cups of water to the Instant Pot bowl, place your trivet on top, and then the bowl with the stuffing.
- Add the lid, and make sure the vent is in a sealed position. Set the manual high pressure to 1 minute.
- When the time goes to L05, do a quick release.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi