‘Tis the season to be jolly and treat yourself and your loved ones! Kick off December with a decadent holiday spin on classic dessert fudge—Instant Pot Eggnog Fudge.
With its array of seasonal spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, clove, and allspice combined with creamy eggnog and rich chocolate chips that melt together in the Instant Pot pressure cooker for a soft-textured fudgy masterpiece — this sweet treat is guaranteed to delight anyone nice (not naughty!) this year.
What Is Eggnog Fudge
Eggnog fudge is a delightful and rich confectionery treat that combines the flavors of classic eggnog and creamy fudge. It features the creamy, spiced, and slightly boozy taste of eggnog, transformed into a smooth and decadent fudge.
Why Make Fudge In Instant Pot
Making fudge in an Instant Pot offers several advantages and benefits. Here are a few reasons why using an Instant Pot can be beneficial for making fudge:
- Time-saving: The Instant Pot’s pressure cooking feature significantly reduces the cooking time for fudge compared to traditional stovetop methods. The high pressure in the Instant Pot helps cook the fudge quickly and efficiently.
- Even heat distribution: The Instant Pot applies heat evenly throughout the cooking process, which helps prevent hot spots and ensures that the fudge cooks uniformly. This results in a consistent texture and avoids the risk of scorching the fudge.
- Controlled temperature: The Instant Pot allows precise temperature control, making achieving the desired consistency for your fudge easier. You can set the Instant Pot to the appropriate pressure cooking setting, ensuring that the fudge cooks at the right temperature for optimal results.
- Convenience and ease of use: The Instant Pot is known for its simplicity and user-friendly design. Once you’ve assembled the ingredients and set the Instant Pot, you can walk away and let it do the work. There’s no need for constant stirring or monitoring, which makes the fudge-making process more convenient.
- Hands-off cooking: Unlike traditional stovetop methods that require constant stirring and monitoring, making fudge in an Instant Pot involves minimal hands-on attention. This allows you to multitask or attend to other preparations while the fudge is cooking.
- Less heat in the kitchen: Making fudge on the stovetop can generate a lot of heat in the kitchen, especially during hot weather or when cooking in small spaces. Using the Instant Pot helps reduce the heat generated, making it a more comfortable option.
- Consistent results: The controlled cooking environment of the Instant Pot, along with precise temperature and pressure settings, helps ensure consistent results with your fudge. This can be particularly helpful if you’re new to making fudge or if you want to achieve perfect results every time.
While making fudge in an Instant Pot offers numerous advantages, following a trusted recipe specifically designed for the Instant Pot and adjusting cooking times and settings accordingly is essential. Enjoy the convenience and efficiency of making delicious fudge with the help of your Instant Pot!
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Eggnog Fudge
‘Tis the season for making and eating festive treats like rich and creamy eggnog fudge! It’s a classic holiday treat that everyone loves – except maybe those people who don’t enjoy eggnog. Luckily for them, this delicious recipe doesn’t require any actual eggnog. Using an Instant Pot to make it makes the process simple and fast too. Get ready to indulge in one of the most delightfully seasonal desserts imaginable with just a few simple steps using essential pantry ingredients!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Granulated White Sugar
- Eggnog: Homemade or Store-Bought
- Heavy Cream
- White Chocolate Chip
- Marshmallow Creme
- Spices: Ground Nugmeg or Ground Cinnamon
How To Cook Eggnog Fudge In Instant Pot
As the holidays quickly approach, why not elicit the magic of Christmas with a beloved classic – eggnog fudge? Perfectly creamy and exquisitely flavorful, this easy-to-make eggnog fudge will surely be a hit at any holiday party or special gathering. Using just a few ingredients and an Instant Pot, you can have indulgent homemade eggnog fudge that simply melts in your mouth in no time.
It is delectable, but whipping up a batch of delicious eggnog fudge will give your home an inviting scent of cloves and nutmeg – reminiscent of the Christmas past. So warm up by the fire with this heavenly treat and start crafting memories that will last for years to come!
Step One: Add Ingredients To Instant Pot Bowl
Add the sugar and water to the Instant Pot Bowl, and mix well. Add the lid, ensuring the pressure valve is closed, and set the cooking time for 11 minutes at high pressure. When the time is up, do a quick release.
Step Two: Add In Other Ingredients
Mix in the butter, white chocolate chips, eggnog, heavy cream, marshmallow cream, and spices, and mix well until well combined.
Step Three: Form Fudge
Spray a baking dish with parchment paper or cooking spray, and spoon the mixture into the prepared dish; let the fudge cool to room temperature for 30-40 minutes, and place into the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours or until set.
Step Four: Serving
Cut into squares right before serving.
Pro Tips For Making Fudge In Instant Pot
- Use a heatproof bowl: Ensure you use a heatproof bowl or container when placing the fudge mixture inside the Instant Pot. A glass or stainless steel bowl works well for this purpose.
- Properly grease or line the pan: To prevent the fudge from sticking to the pan, make sure to grease it well with butter or line it with parchment paper. This will make it easier to remove the fudge once it’s set.
- Avoid touching the sides of the Instant Pot: When placing the bowl with the fudge mixture in the Instant Pot, ensure it doesn’t touch the sides of the pot. Leave some space around the bowl to allow proper heat circulation.
- Be mindful of the cooking time: Fudge can overcook quickly, so be cautious about the cooking time in the Instant Pot. One minute at high pressure is a good starting point, but you may need to adjust it depending on your Instant Pot model and desired fudge consistency.
- Quick-release the pressure carefully: Once the cooking time is complete, perform a quick pressure release by moving the valve to the venting position. Exercise caution and use oven mitts or a long utensil to prevent steam burns.
- Stir in the vanilla extract after cooking: After removing the bowl from the Instant Pot, let it cool for a few minutes, and then stir in the vanilla extract. Adding it after cooking helps maintain its flavor and aroma.
- Allow sufficient cooling and setting time: To achieve the ideal texture, allow the fudge to cool at room temperature for at least an hour before transferring it to the refrigerator. This gradual cooling process promotes a smoother and creamier fudge.
- Cut the fudge once fully set: It’s best to cut it into squares or desired shapes once it has been completely set in the refrigerator. This ensures clean cuts and neat-looking pieces.
- Experiment with flavors: While the recipe above is for eggnog fudge, you can get creative and try different flavor variations. Add mix-ins like chopped nuts, dried fruit, or even different extracts to customize the fudge to your liking.
Frequently Asked Questions About Making Fudge In Pressure Cooker
Can I use a regular stovetop pressure cooker to make fudge?
Yes, you can use a regular stovetop pressure cooker to make fudge. The cooking process and instructions would be similar to using an electric Instant Pot. Just ensure that your pressure cooker is in good working condition and follow the recipe guidelines.
Can I double the recipe when making fudge in a pressure cooker?
It’s generally not recommended to double the recipe for making fudge in a pressure cooker. The smaller size of the pressure cooker may not provide adequate space for proper heat distribution and could result in uneven cooking. It’s best to make multiple batches if you need a larger quantity.
How do I adjust the cooking time if using a different size or model of pressure cooker?
Cooking times may vary depending on the size and model of your pressure cooker. It’s essential to refer to your specific pressure cooker’s instruction manual and follow the recipe’s guidelines. Generally, you may need to adjust the cooking time slightly based on your pressure cooker’s size and heat distribution. It may require some trial and error to determine the optimal cooking time.
How can I prevent the fudge from sticking to the pressure cooker?
To prevent the fudge from sticking to the pressure cooker, make sure to use a heatproof bowl or container placed inside the pressure cooker. Grease the container with butter or cooking spray to create a non-stick surface. Alternatively, you can line the container with parchment paper to help easily remove the fudge.
Can I use a water bath method when making fudge in a pressure cooker?
Using a water bath (bain-marie) method for making fudge in a pressure cooker is not recommended. The direct pressure cooking method works best for fudge, providing the necessary heat and pressure for proper cooking and texture development.
How do I store leftover fudge made in a pressure cooker?
Once the fudge has cooled and set, store it in an airtight container in a cool and dry place. You can keep it at room temperature for a few days or refrigerate it for longer shelf life. Ensure that the fudge is well-sealed to prevent it from drying out.
Can I freeze fudge made in a pressure cooker?
Yes, you can freeze fudge made in a pressure cooker. Wrap individual pieces or the entire batch tightly in plastic wrap or place them in a freezer-safe container or bag. Thaw the frozen fudge in the refrigerator before serving.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE PIZZA ROLLS
- AIR FRYER FRIED GREEN TOMATOES
- HOW TO MAKE FROZEN HAMBURGERS IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER TWICE-BAKED SWEET POTATOES
- AIR FRYER BACON AND CRAB ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER COPYCAT PANERA PEPPERONI FLATBREAD
Instant Pot Eggnog Fudge.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, or ground cinnamon
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- Add the sugar and water to the Instant Pot Bowl, and mix well. Add the lid, ensuring the pressure valve is closed, and set the cooking time for 11 minutes at high pressure. When the time is up, do a quick release.
- Mix in the butter, white chocolate chips, eggnog, heavy cream, marshmallow cream, and spices, and mix well until well combined.
- Spray a baking dish with parchment paper or cooking spray, and spoon the mixture into the prepared dish; let the fudge cool to room temperature for 30-40 minutes, and place into the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours or until set.
- Cut into squares right before serving.
- Instant Pot
- Baking Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Cooking Spray