Air Fryer Mardi Gras Cake is so easy to make and such a festive dessert or breakfast for celebrating Mardi Gras.
If you want a fun way to celebrate Mardi Gras, look no further than this Air Fryer Mardi Gras Cake. Decorating with icing and decorated in the traditional colors of Green, Purple, and Yellow! Just in time for any Mardi Gras Party!
Today, I made a simple air fryer pound cake and made a simple icing, and had my kids shake some sprinkles on top. These colored sprinkles added a vibrant addition to our cake. And there is nothing like a buttery pound cake to celebrate with.
If you are looking for even more air fryer dessert recipes, check out these, which are my personal favorites, Air Fryer One Bowl Chocolate Cake, Air Fryer Cinnamon-Swirl Bundt Coffee Cake, and of course, my Air Fryer Butter Cake Recipe.
Air Fryer King Cake
I switched from a traditional Mardi Gras cake and made my famous Air Fryer Pound Cake Recipe for this cake. It is a really easy cake and comes out beautiful and makes for a fantastic Bundt cake.
I love this recipe, which uses only four ingredients and is buttery, light, and fluffy. This recipe will make 3 mini loaves or 2 Bundt Cakes (mini-sized)
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Mardi Gras Cake
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Colored Sugars
How To Make Air Fryer Mardi Gras Cake
It’s finally here! Mardi Gras is just around the corner, so it’s time to start planning your Fat Tuesday festivities. But deciding what to make can be overwhelming with so many tasty treats out there.
Today, I’m excited to share an easy recipe for Air Fryer Mardi Gras Cake with you that will surely wow any crowd at your celebration. This delicious cake combines classic flavors of New Orleans culture, like cinnamon, pecans, and bourbon, for a flavorful festive dessert everyone will love. So let’s get ready to fry up a sweet treat – read on for all the details!
Step One: Prepare The Cake Batter
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. This will make for a fluffy pound cake; mix in the eggs. Slowly add the flour to the mixture, and then mix well.
Step Two: Cook The King Cake In Air Fryer
Pour the batter into a Bundt Cake Pan. Set the pan into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 20 minutes. When the time is up, place a toothpick in the pound cake, and check to see that the toothpick comes out clean. If not, add another 5 minutes.
Step Three: Prepare The Icing
To make the icing, mix the powdered sugar and milk, and mix well. Drizzle over the cake and immediately dust the cake with the colored sugars.
Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Mardi Gras Cake
- This recipe requires a lot of butter. Suppose you want to divide the recipe into 1/3rds. That is fine. You will make less of the cake. The measurements of this recipe are typical of a pound cake. A pound of butter, a pound of sugar, a pound of eggs, a pound of flour. But it’s evenly divided.
- The cake will do much better if your ingredients, the butter and eggs, are at room temperature.
- Always cream the butter and sugar together first, giving you a fluffier cake.
- Due to the differences in air fryer cooking times, the best way to determine if your cake is made is to stick a toothpick into the middle of the cake. When it comes out clean, remove it.
- Smaller pans do much better in the air fryer than larger ones. My best advice would be to invest in smaller pans, which will cook evenly and faster in the air fryer. Too thick of pans will never cook thoroughly.
How To Store Mardi Gras Cake
So on this recipe, I always recommend refrigerating your leftover cake. I find it helps extend the shelf life of your cake. Otherwise, it will go bad sooner if left at room temperature.
It is fine to serve it at room temperature. You don’t want the cake to sit out for more than a few hours, then eat it up. Otherwise, you will want to toss it in the fridge.
Sometimes people get worried if a recipe will work or not. So if you are in doubt about the air fryer, go right ahead with the oven. Just preheat the oven to 350 F, and then pour the cake mixture into the pie pan.
Bake for around 30 minutes and check on the cake. If it is not done, then allow cooking longer. The way to know when your cake is made is by sticking a toothpick in the center and seeing if it comes out clean of wet batter.
How To Decorate A King’s Cake
- Dust with powdered sugar
- Drizzle on a little caramel, chocolate, etc
- Slice your cake and then pair it with a big scoop of ice cream.
- Fresh fruit to sprinkle on top.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CAKE
- HOW TO MAKE A CAKE IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON-SWIRL BUNDT COFFEE CAKE
- AIR FRYER GINGERBREAD BITES
HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE-
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer Mardi Gras Cake
King Cake Ingredients:
- 9 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups butter, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons Colored Sugars
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. This will make for a fluffy pound cake.
- Then mix in the eggs and flour.
- Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased air fryer safe pan.
- Set the pan into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, place a toothpick in the pound cake, and check to see that the toothpick comes out clean. If not, add another 5 minutes.
- Let the cake cool to room temperature while you make the icing.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk and powdered sugar mix well.
- Drizzle the icing over the cake, and then immediately sprinkle the colored sugars on top.
- Air Fryer
- Bundt cake
- Cooking Spray